<p>No i was just talking. I have yet to look myself up in the UNC directory. All I have done is sent my money in, gotten my onyen, sent in my housing app., and signed up for ctops.</p>
<p>i got deferred and im not in the directory…</p>
<p>Prodj88-
I was also deferred but am in the directory as of 2 days ago…</p>
<p>Im wondering if this is the result of me messing around the UNC website. Have you visited the ‘University Cashier’ section of the website and seen the option to pay for 2006 housing?</p>
<p>I hadn’t been in the directroy before, but (most likely coincidence) after I visited the Cashier page I showed up in the directory a few hours later.</p>
<p>This is not to say I hadn’t been in the directory before visiting the Cashier page…</p>
<p>Sorry if this is confusing, it’s pure speculation on my part.</p>
<p>cat and prodj, i applied in jan, they updated my info 2/9 and i was in the directory before the update, before i even knew about the cashier and before i knew i had a pid. i did not do a fin aid form, i am oos, and i also have a student account? i have to believe that:</p>
<p>if in directory:
you are accepted and someone posted it too soon
or someone did not do their job incorrectly
or the whole process is screwed up.</p>
<p>the one that makes more sense to me is number 3
cause i know people that were denied and they are not there and
i know someone that was deferred and she is not there but they all applied ea.</p>
<p>anyone out there that got in last year that noticed this stuff and might know?</p>
<p>Catalyst–I think you are exactly right. If you monkey around on the website --play with your pid or the cashier, you somehow get in the system. Can somebody not in the directory yet try to get in the directory. Try looking up your pid or signing into the student accounts cashier page and see if you show up in directory.</p>
<p>if that is the case, then i must be in there by mistake. cause i did not do those things before i was in the directory. i only found my name cause i know a few kids that go there and wanted to look them up. while there, i put my name in just to see if anyone with my last name goes there (i have a very unusual name and only two show up). so the cashier/student account theory does not apply to me.</p>
<p>why dont you call and ask them why kids are in the directory?</p>
<hr>
<p>new theory:</p>
<p>what if you are in the directory because a final decision has been made on your app. meaning, if you were denied, you are there. if you were accepted, you aren’t cause you have not responded to the acceptance yet? once you accept, you are there. the ea’s aren’t there becuase the ea process is over now.</p>
<p>vatownsend–on 3/19 you wrote:</p>
<p>“can you log on to your student account? cause i can and i have not been accepted. so does unc let you pay on your student account if you are just an applicant and not accepted.”</p>
<p>From this post and others, it looks like you have monkeyed with your student account. Perhaps it slipped your mind.</p>
<p>It seems like most people in the directory have messed with the website in one way or another. Is that NOT the case for anyone out there?</p>
<p>you simply don’t read everything completely!!!</p>
<p>I was in the directory months ago!!!
the quote is from a week ago!
I checked the directory mid Jan right after the deadline!
did not even know there was a student accout then!
read completely before you analyze!</p>
<p><strong>Proj88</strong></p>
<p>Ok–lets try an experiment. Proj88–would you get your PID and then enter the cashier site? Then, see if your in the directory.</p>
<p>To get your PID:</p>
<p><a href=“https://s4.its.unc.edu/SISMisc/pidwmp[/url]”>https://s4.its.unc.edu/SISMisc/pidwmp</a></p>
<p>To enter cashier system:
<a href=“https://cps.ais.unc.edu/SISCPS/cps/cashiers/CSWebParentSignIn.jsp[/url]”>https://cps.ais.unc.edu/SISCPS/cps/cashiers/CSWebParentSignIn.jsp</a></p>
<p>Then check if your in directory:
<a href=“http://www.unc.edu/dir/[/url]”>http://www.unc.edu/dir/</a></p>
<p>Update-
Not to promote paranoia, but I tried to get a friend to generate their name in the student directory.</p>
<p>She was accepted Early Decision and we went to the University Cashier page to attempt to pay for 2006 housing. This was two days ago and her name stil hasn’t shown up. She had been to applicant central and had requested her PID over a month ago. On top of that, I can’t find anyone I even know in the directory. This is all very odd, but I am going to assume my being in the directroy is not from anything I’ve done…</p>
<p>Your friend’s PID should have been on her reply form that came with her acceptance package. If she hasn’t sent in her deposit that might impact some of her ability to work within the network. I mentioned before that the only kid I know who is in the directory is one that has paid his deposit. None of the other EA accepted kids are in there including none of the Morehead Scholars from our county, 6 of them I think. I think there is just a lot of inconsistent processing of info. I wouldn’t worry about what all this means ( I know, easier said than done). It doesn’t seem that what is on their website as far as the order of things happening is related to the reality of what happens.</p>
<p>OK ratedpilot…I did what you said…and I got my PID # and it lets me login to the cashier thing…but I don’t think I’m on the Directory…(but i could be searching wrong)…I clicked UNC online Campus Directory, is this the right one? I searched my name and i even tried searching using my #…hmmph</p>
<p>edit: i will try again in a few hours to search for my name</p>
<p>Hmm . . .that is interesting. Yup, it’s the online campus directory. I think you’re right to try in a couple of hours. It may take a little time.</p>
<p>This is all probably vodoo anyway–not meaning much.</p>
<p>I think you all need to stop overanalyzing this… it’s either a mistake or they just put all of their applicants into their directory as a common procedure.</p>
<p>And I didn’t mean for that to come off too fresh or anything. Just relax; decisions will be posted on the website soon.</p>
<p>Nah . . .no offense taken. You are absolutely right; we are overanalyzing. Just killing time while waiting.</p>
<p>Goodluck. (: Where are you from?</p>
<p>rejected OOS</p>
<p>I just found out I got admitted. I didn’t even send my SAT score the second time after I did better. I am an international applicant from Bangladesh.</p>
<p>SAT (1st time): 1790; CR: 520, Math: 710, Writing: 560.
SAT (2nd time): 2010; CR: 610, Math: 730, Writing: 670.
SAT II: Math 1C: 740, World History: 710, Physics: 680.</p>
<p>I am pretty surprised to get admission as I did not even send my SAT scores the second time. Possibly got admitted because I have to pay fully as I am an international and do not qualify for aid and maybe also because of my Subject Test scores. Moreover, I had applied for Early Notification but got deferred and they might have thought that this was my first choice college.</p>
<p>Will definitely not join as I have to pay fully and I have also got admission to UVa which I heard is better for engineering. One of you wait listed guys have got your prayers answered!</p>