Deposits in 2 schools

<p>A friend of mine is torn between two school and she just cant decide which to attend yet so she is planning to place deposits in both schools. Do you think this is a bad idea that would bite her in the ass? She only has one more day to decide so I need to give her some advice ASAP.</p>

<p>I've heard it's a good idea.</p>

<p>BAD IDEA, she could get her admission to both schools rescinded.</p>

<p>The ONLY time it is acceptable to deposit at a school and not go (well, I shouldn't say only as there are special situations, but in most cases) is if you get off the waitlist somewhere else.</p>

<p>really how would the schools know that shes deposited in both. She's just in a real predicament because she wants to go away for school and her mom doesnt want her to and her mom is just delaying and delaying and now its time to make the decision.</p>

<p>peer schools DO compare notes - maybe not HYP and Southeastern State U. But this stalemate has probably been going on for 3 weeks now....what is going to change in the next week or so that cannot be determined by tomorrow noon to get the postmark by 5/1??</p>