Dupont grant in financial aid....as in the chemical firm? or a UVA alumnus?

<p>John, you started your threads from 3:00-3:15 PM on Wednesday.</p>

<p>Let's put this issue to bed. Around the time of WWI, Alfred DuPont was KICKED out of the DuPont corporation in a power struggle with his relatives. Alfred had been known as a friend of the working man in the DuPont Co. and was always willing to get his hands dirty. </p>

<p>Jessie Ball DuPont married Alfred. They invested heavily in real estate and banking in Florida and became very very rich. Most of their money did not come from the DuPont Co. After the death of her husband, Jessie became a major donor, including providing need based scholarships for hundreds of colleges, including UVa. The couple also funded two major children's hospitals, in Wilmington and Florida.</p>

<p>Jessie</a> Ball duPont - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<p>I believe the correct response is to provide a thank you letter to the Jessie Ball DuPont foundation in Florida.</p>

<p>Last year, I visited their grand estate near Wilmington, named Nemours. I highly recommend it, particularly if you love classical art and landscape architecture. The Foundation apparently only lets about 30 people onto the property per day, so you need reservations far in advance.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I believe the correct response is to provide a thank you letter to the Jessie Ball DuPont foundation in Florida.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I can agree with that. :)</p>

<p>That's great,evitaperon.</p>