5 cups of coffee = how many trips to the bathroom?!! ![]()
That will definitely make one move more! Maybe that’s the secret of the perfect combination of caffeine consumption and movement? ![]()
I’m bummed my espresso drinks aren’t included in the good news ![]()
I love this!!
I just wish the study participants were middle aged women instead of young men.
I had my first (and last) cup of coffee a few years ago when I read that it could promote prostate health. I felt like I was bouncing off the walls afterward. Wow! Is it possible to even drink 5 cups in a day?
Today was our “rest” day and we did a lovely 8 mile guided walk around the town of Winchcombe.
Thursday we walked 11+ miles with 2 big hills.
Yesterday’s trail milage was 7.5 but we walked to visit Sudely Castle ( best known as burial place of Katherine Parr–Henry VIII’s last wife) so our total milage for the day was likely north of 11. I’ve been at 22Kish steps every day
A little brag on my mom. She never exercised at all until 40 and then was an on again, off again exerciser. Mostly running. Didn’t learn to swim at all until 26 and to this day has not done a dive nor swum without a nose clip. Hates weights. But actually was a fairly decent runner - could do a 5K in her early 70s in 31 min, but then knee issues made her quit that.
I had been encouraging her to keep up some kind of weights. And today I found out she’s graduated to using the 10s (she was at 2s) for many exercises. And she swims 1 mile twice and week and walks 3 hilly miles every day at 18:00 pace. She will be 80 soon. I’m very proud of her and told her she’s doing great.
We are tired. We went on a fairly long hike today. We started to extend to another hike, but H “hit the wall,” and simply didn’t want to go on any longer. There’s an added level of stress bc we’re in grizzly territory (Moraine Lake Canada). I was a little disappointed but we always support the most risk averse person or whoever doesn’t want to go on for whatever reason. We hiked close to 8 miles, with 2K ft of elevation gain, and watches say over 10 miles total. We also canoed for almost 2 hours on Moraine Lake.
H and I agree that we like cycling more than hiking at this point, but are enjoying hiking too. (H would still say he likes running more than cycling).
Sharing today’s hike. 14+ miles and lots of cool scenery. Hard part was a 2 mile diversion that dropped back on same road just a few hundred meters from where we started
I love reading and seeing your adventures. However, I hate you just a little when I read them sitting in my office. NOT FAIR!!! Keep em coming!
Not sure if that is a serious question, but I drink a 12 cup pot and start on a second one. I don’t drink soft drinks. I drink decaf after lunch. I drink it black, no sugar. It counts as water.
Last 2 days have been lovely. Just short of 10 miles yesterday and just over 10 today. Lots of cool views out over the edge of the escarpment. We got to see the famous hill that they have the cheese rolling competition in the spring. Coolest thi gs a restored rococco garden. It was laid out in in the 1750s, lost by the 1959s and restoration started in the 1980s.
We just finished day 10. A couple of days were 14 miles and fairly tough. Today was 11 but felt easy. We finish up in Bath tomorrow.
I could not be more jealous!!!
It was a great couple of weeks. We stayed at Moraine Lake Lodge for 4 nights as our gift to ourselves for our 25 year anniversary. We had pretty great weather the entire time (smoke issues though on multiple days). We came home tired from all the hiking, which is not something we normally do. It seems like most of the good hikes involved significant up hills. We especially love Moraine Lake, and both of us mentioned that would be a great place to dispose of our ashes :).
Stunning scenery! Thanks for sharing the great photos.
We didn’t do much hiking, but the road trip from Vancouver/Sea to Sky Highway over to Kamloops and then the Icefield Parkway ranks as one of my favorite trips ever. It is probably #1 for trips without the kids. (kids make everything better for me)
















