French movie - "The Crimson Rivers"

<p>Has anyone seen the French movie “The Crimson Rivers” filmed in 2000? I had a hard time following the many twists and turns of the story; which includes the Nazis experiments with Eugenics. Would someone who has seen the movie, please explain it?</p>

<p>I saw it streaming from Netflix. I did not understand at all, so I read the wikipedia explanation. I'm still confused but maybe it will help you. Good Luck!</p>

<p>There were two Crimson Rivers movies (I and II/2000/2004). I watched both on DVD and the Special Features gave the viewer some insight into background of the movies. Unfortunately, streaming video doesn’t offer the viewer any audio commentary by the director or stars to explain what’s happening on the screen. </p>

<p>See:</p>

<p>The</a> Crimson Rivers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<p>Crimson</a> Rivers II: Angels of the Apocalypse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<p>As a side note, whenever there’s a foreign movie posting on CC, everyone dusts off their World Cinema 101 notes and lists are made of the important movies. Round up the usual suspects. How many really important movies are made around the world as opposed to just entertainment? Most of us have a sense of Italian “spaghetti westerns” or Asian “kung fu” movies. These movies represent popular entertainment. </p>

<p>What about French “film policier” (cop/detective movies)? Crimson Rivers I and II are fine examples. What about the movies of Luc Besson? Jean-Pierre Melville?</p>

<p>See:</p>

<p>Luc</a> Besson Filmography</p>

<p>Jean-Pierre</a> Melville / films / director / biography</p>

<p>There’s a new Steve Carrell movie coming out called “Dinner for Schmucks”. When I saw an ad for the movie, I thought it was a remake of “The Dinner Game” (France, 1999). It is…</p>

<p>See: </p>

<p>The</a> Dinner Game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<p>An award winner…? Probably not…</p>

<p>Thanks Yorkyfan, just read wikipedia, which helped but I still don’t completely understand the movie, especially about Judith and Fanny’s life. Who knew about the twins? Why did their mother fake Judith’s death and then become a nun - leaving Judith to live with whom????</p>