Two issues: first is financial aid. Does your family income qualify you for fin aid? Because in state tuition at public schools in PA is not gonna meet 30K/yr unless you qualify for merit money; same goes for OOS. Usually, OOS public with max merit award will bring you close to your in-state unsubsidized cost, which, at Penn State, I believe is over 40K/yr. So if you’re trying to stay at under 30K/yr, and if your family does not qualify for significant financial aid, you might want to consider looking at smaller private schools that are less selective, where your very nice academic record might bring you a merit award that could bring you down close to 30K/yr.
Second. Premed/prehealth is not a major at most colleges, and mostly not at the highly selective schools. Public health is usually a masters degree. If you’re thinking premed (and PA has gotten quite selective too), you want to major in something, anything, that you love, so that you can get a high GPA in it. For many people, that is not necessarily chem/Bio/physics. You’re going to have to take those for the premeds, anyways. I would shoot for premed, and if you wind up deciding to apply to PA school, you will have the pre-reqs for it.
For in state, Temple and Pitt are great choices, because of the affiliated hospitals within easy reach. Penn is out of your league, probably, and I think that it’s so competitive, once you’re there, in the premeds, that it could tank your dreams. Same goes for Hopkins, Georgetown, Emory, all the highly selective colleges. I don’t think that Penn State main campus has close proximity to a training hospital, so while I think you can get in there, you’re better off in a city with training hospitals where you can do clinical and public health type research, and clinical contact work.
Honestly, I felt that med school was easier than the premeds at my Ivy undergrad. You can get into med school from most undergrad colleges. I think that it is easier to compile the academic record that you will need at a less selective undergrad school.