Georgia Tech Admissions Fall 2022

Applying regular decision to Georgia Tech in 2022? This is the spot for the future class of 2026 to ask questions, swap stats, and share news and admissions updates with others applying to Georgia Tech.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the info below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Georgia Tech 2021 Admissions Statistics
Mean Unweighted GPA 4.1
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 88%
Mean SAT Score 1436
Admissions Test Policy Test scores are considered and required
Applicants Submitting SATs 71%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 51%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have updated statistics from a trustworthy source, feel free to update this post. To make changes, just click Edit in the lower right corner.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at Georgia Tech, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

A mean unweighted GPA of 4.1 seems pretty meaningless in a world of 4.0 grading scales.

USNews, presumably the source of the 1436 SAT (though they actually have 1437), says it’s a 3.9.

1 Like

Yes I read that and I was like say what!!
Don’t have a student apply but Go Jackets!!! Good luck to all applying.

Does GT ask all the RD applicants to apply for financial aid? Or only to a few applicants who are likely to be accepted? Thanks for your response.

All applicants are invited to apply for financial aid. It is not an indication of acceptance chances.

Note: I said “invited” because applying for financial aid is not a requirement.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like