Halle Berry, Jen Aniston, Sandra Bullock getting dumped

<p>These actresses seem to get dumped a lot. In days of yore, actresses like Lana Turner, Liz Taylor, and Ava Gardner went through men like Oprah through a buffet, but it seemed like they did most of the dumping. What do you think is going on that these current actresses who seem to have it all keep getting dumped?</p>

<p>Sandra is in a different category. Her ex seems to realize that HE made a BIG mistake. She probably took a risk with him, but she will turn out fine!</p>

<p>Halle & Jen, I think, are incredibly insecure. They are obviously over-the-top beautiful, but insecurity is extremely unattractive.</p>

<p>Just because someone is beautiful and talented doesn't mean that they'll have a wonderful romantic life.</p>

<p>The divorce rate in this country is sky high, and divorce and unfaithfulness happens to people who are beautiful as well as to people who are ugly and average looking.</p>

<p>I had to take a train and bought a magazine to read - Ladies' Home Journal? Christie Brinkley was on the cover, looking spectacular at age 56. She looks like she's in her early 40's at most. But she has been married 4 times and at least two of them were scumbags. She has 3 children from 3 different husbands. I think she's experienced much more anguish and heartbreak than the average not-beautiful woman.</p>

<p>Also, just because a woman is beautiful doesn't mean she has good sense when it comes to picking husbands.</p>

<p>The lifestyles of actresses and models isn't conducive to maintaining good relationships. They have lots of travel away from home, and they and their partners have lots of opportunity and invitations to be romanced by attractive, moneyed other people. They also are likely to attract significant others who are enamoured with their beauty, wealth, and fame, attractions that may not make a good foundation for a good longterm relationship.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Halle & Jen, I think, are incredibly insecure. They are obviously over-the-top beautiful, but insecurity is extremely unattractive.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Exactly what I was thinking. Completely agree.</p>

<p>I also agree with what Northstarmom said...</p>

<p>But you know, it could also just be because of factors like: the two not being compatible or things that are in their control like, faithfulness.</p>

<p>
[quote]
They also are likely to attract significant others who are enamoured with their beauty, wealth, and fame, attractions that may not make a good foundation for a good longterm relationship.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Interesting. I never really thought of it that way.</p>

<p>NSM I think you are right-on. I also think there are women who purposely sit their sites on the husbands or boyfriends of beautiful, famous women like Halle and Jen. Just like there are women who aggressively pursue rich, famous men like Tiger and Kobe.</p>

<p>They are all beauties, and they may have a lot to offer a fellow, but I'm spoken for.
Ha.</p>

<p>I thought Jen and Brad Pitt hit the skids even before Angelina Jolie entered the scene b/c he wanted kids and she didn't. Not saying they'd still be together today, but I seem to recall it was a significant factor</p>

<p>^
But do we know that it was really true? Or was that just what the gossip mags were saying?
Brad seems likable so it must be that SHE is the problem. I remember way back when he & Gwyneth Paltrow split and it seems as if the press was much more kind to him than her.</p>

<p>Halle is absolutely stunning, but I've never understood what's so darn great about Jennifer Aniston. IMHO, she's as plain as they come, and from what I've read, is indeed very needy and insecure.</p>

<p>just speculation, but Halle Berry is gorgeous but someone like her from a multicultural marriage may have some identity baggage. It has been my impression that she is insecure and mousy.
Jennifer aniston comes off the same way.</p>

<p>I think that many actresses, actors, and models are insecure. It has to be hard to be in a career in which you are judged so much on your looks and also attract lots of people who want to use you.</p>

<p>I agree with footballmom. Jennifer Aniston looks very plain to me, and I've never understood how so many people think she's beautiful.</p>

<p>Her appeal is she is like the girl next door, bad on her luck, not lucky in love. Insecure, mousy.
I don't find that appealing, but some may. Sandra Bullock seems to be a better actress, more of an assertive type and tom boyish.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Correct. A large part of Jennifer Anniston's appeal is that she is beautiful but in a believable or approachable way - like someone you might actually know or be able to talk to. The fabulously beautiful, like supermodels, etc., are so exquisite that they don't seems real. Women with that much beauty exist only in statues and paintings or on TV and in movies.</p>

<p>
[quote]
just speculation, but Halle Berry is gorgeous but someone like her from a multicultural marriage may have some identity baggage.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I think this is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read on CC.</p>

<p>I don't think it's ignorant at all. A lot of how we think of ourselves has to do with our background...when things get tough, that is sometimes what we fall back on to give us direction. If Halle is generally considered black, and the one parent she has to turn to in tough times is white, it's easy to see how things could be other than clear and stable.</p>

<p>GA2012MOM,</p>

<p>
[quote]
I think this is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read on CC.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Sorry but I know plenty of women, even in my own family who come from parents that are black and white and they have grown up with some serious identity issues. There is nothing ignorant about this statement. The only ignorance is to think that this doesn't happen.
Some of the issues stem from ridicule from other children, not knowing where one fits in, and the list goes on.</p>

<p>Wandering from the thread topic, but speaking of multicultural people/identity issues, I have often wondered where Barack Obama got his supreme self-confidence. This is something I would love my children to have (and would love to have myself). </p>

<p>On the thread topic, I agree that Jennifer Anniston is attractive in an ordinary way. Halle Berry's beauty is extraordinary, as is Christie Brinkley's.</p>

<p>milkandsugar, sorry to jump on your comment so quickly, but it hits a nerve with me. It's almost like people perceive that bi-racial children automatically have some kind of racial identity problems. "Are you confused" "what race do you identify with" or "what mix are you?" are common questions my D was asked growing up. She is bi-racial, black and white. She has used the same standard answer since she was young when asked what race she was, and that was "human." She has no identity issues, and would be completely oblivious to the whole issue if it weren't for others asking about it.</p>