Harvard Sophomore Facing Deportation

<p>Eric Balderas, a 19 year old sophomore at Harvard University, will have his immigration court hearing on July 6,2010, which will dictate whether he will remain in the United States. Eric was detained at the San Antonio International Airport while trying to fly back to Cambridge, MA for a summer research internship. If you want to help this young man out, you can go to a couple of facebook links to help sign a petition or simply learn more about his case, provide awareness to the community about him, and call some senators.</p>

<p>Online petition:
Help</a> Eric Balderas Fight Deportation</p>

<p>Facebook page for the petition(Invite all of your friends to join and sign it):</p>

<p>Login</a> | Facebook</p>

<p>Facebook page in support of Eric:</p>

<p>Login</a> | Facebook</p>

<p>I wonder what Eric did to trigger deportation? Usually, deportation is based upon conviction for a criminal offense. I understand that there may be other circumstances. Was he trying to bring drugs into the country? When individuals who have lived here for decades and raised their families here can get deported for a crime of moral turpitude.... why should we support a student who is probably getting a lot of financial aid to attend one of the best universities in our country in his quest to be re-admitted into this country ? You need to share more of the pertinent details. There may be a case for fairness that many could support but without details, one would be foolish to sign the petition.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I wonder what Eric did to trigger deportation?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>For illegally residing in the United States. To understand the concept of illegal immigration, see wikipedia article Illegal</a> immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.</p>

<p>
[quote]
There may be a case for fairness that many could support but without details, one would be foolish to sign the petition.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>LOL, it would indeed be very foolish to sign a petition if you have no idea what you're signing! Please refer to the links on the other thread to at least get an idea of what's going on:</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/harvard-university/943390-harvard-student-deported-us.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/harvard-university/943390-harvard-student-deported-us.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>
[quote]
I wonder what Eric did to trigger deportation? Usually, deportation is based upon conviction for a criminal offense. I understand that there may be other circumstances. Was he trying to bring drugs into the country? When individuals who have lived here for decades and raised their families here can get deported for a crime of moral turpitude.... why should we support a student who is probably *getting a lot of financial aid * to attend one of the best universities in our country in his quest to be **re-admitted **into this country ? You need to share more of the pertinent details. There may be a case for fairness that many could support but without details, one would be foolish to sign the petition.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>The details are there, but you must pick non-fictional ones.</p>

<p>Deportation is now off the table: BREAKING:</a> Detained Harvard Sophomore Safe From Deportation | The Harvard Crimson</p>

<p>Good for him. Three cheers.</p>