Helicopter parents - what's the worst thing you have done?

<p>As I read CC and see the comments addressed to parents to back off and let their children grow up, I wonder what is the worst thing you have done as a helicopter parent?</p>

<p>I would be interesting to hear the stories and, maybe, I would not fee as bad.</p>

<p>Don't feel bad. You love your child(ren). </p>

<p>**Helicopter parents - what's the worst thing you have done? **</p>

<p>Took a day off. </p>

<p>Just kiddin'...I would never do that. ;)</p>

<p>mom2collegekids, well done.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Helicopter parents - what's the worst thing you have done?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Forget to check the fuel gauge?
Throw one of your kids' annoying friends out when helicopterpooling?</p>

<p>Oops, we are not talking about real helicopters and real pilots. :)</p>

<p>Second worst thing I've done....</p>

<p>Installed a heliport on top of my kids' dorm.</p>

<p>"installed a heliport on top of my kids' dorm."</p>

<p>Hey....that's a good idea.</p>

<p>Got a ticket for flying too fast! ;o)</p>

<p>Took off without notifying Control Tower.</p>

<p>Forgot to file a flight plan and forgot to plan dinner! ;o)</p>

<p>Buzzed the school.</p>

<p>Nicely played, mom2collegekids!</p>

<p>My parents almost injured me by getting too close with their tail blades.</p>

<p>A real story, I think that's what OP was looking for.:)</p>

<p>When D1 was 19 she was asked out by an older boy (maybe man) age 23 to go to a dinner in NYC. She accepted it then later was reluctant to go because of a few things came to light. She decided to go anyway. A few hours after she left I tried to contact her on her cell, got no response. In my over active imagination, I actually called the matre'd to see if D1 was at the restaurant and I even asked to speak with her to make sure she was ok. It was one time she thought I was over the top.</p>

<p>Now it's out in the open, I feel much better.</p>

<p>@oldfort</p>

<p>I think you exercised great restraint by merely calling! I thought you were going to say that you actually went to the restaurant to see what was going on.</p>

<p>And hid behind the potted ficus and spied.</p>

<p>"And hid behind the potted ficus and spied."</p>

<p>Ha! And I bet most of us have at least had that thought cross our minds before!</p>

<p>*My parents almost injured me by getting too close with their tail blades. *</p>

<p>Love can hurt sometimes. :)</p>

<p>When D1 was applying to college she had a specific email set up. The day I returned to work after my Dad's death, I checked the email and saw that she had been invited to apply for a scholarship at her school of choice, but that the deadline was that day and she was at school. I cribbed an essay that she had written for something else and sent it in without telling her. She got the scholarship.</p>

<p>I love it, zmom!</p>

<p>Thanks PG! I've never admitted that to anyone but D before.</p>