Help an international student please!


<p>Q1) I am now applying for my US visa and I am from Andorra.</p>

<p>I know I have to give proof of finance to study in America. What exactly do I have to provide? A Letter from a bank that I WILL have finances or a letter from a bank saying that I NOW have finance?? </p>

<p>Q2) I have completed my GCE A Levels and I know I get credit from these if I do well (A or B grade). But what does 'credit' mean? Do I get to skip classes? Or do I get to do more advanced classes? Or Do I have to go to less classes for my degree?? </p>

<p>Please help!!!</p>

<p>[Q1] It's usually up to the college to verify your financial resources before issuing your I-20 or DS-2019. To be on the safe side, you should bring with you to the consulate:
- A bank statement showing that you have enough funds in a bank account right now to cover the entire cost of attendance for one year.
- Something that suggests that you can pay for the remainder of your college career w/o winning the lottery or robbing a bank. Your parents' income statements, for example.</p>

<p>[Q2]In general getting credit for A Levels means that you need to take less classes to finish your degree. You need to satisfy three basic requirements for a college degree in the US: the requirements for a major, general education requirements and a minimum number of credits requirement. Usually the credits necessary to finish a major and the general education classes stay below the minimum credit total. These extra credits are "free electives" which you can use for whatever you want (a minor, graduate-level courses in your major, or just fun classes in other fields). The credits you get for your A levels will count towards your free electives.</p>

<p>The A level credit may or may not get you out of a few intro classes or count towards your general education requirements. That depends on the college. It also depends on the college if placing out of an intro class means that you have fewer required courses in total, or if they would ask you to replace that course with a higher-level elective.</p>