Hollywood Producer Mistakenly Detained by Police

<p>@greenwitch - I have seen a bunch of those and I notice no one making them is black (or even female)…if there’s one I’d like to see it.</p>

<p>How would getting her ID help determine whether they were having sex in a car? The police officer never arrested them, so what was the whole charade for, other than him wanting to show his power over her?</p>

<p>A police officer wanting to show power over a person does not seem to me to be a legitimate cause for handcuffing someone. </p>

<p>Maybe the cop wanted to find out how old she is. </p>

<p>When I saw her picture and listened to the tape, my impression was that she was dressed like, and had the voice of a child (phoning and referring to “Daddy”). </p>

<p>How was it the cop’s business how old she is? Even if she were underage, it’s not illegal to be underage. It’s not illegal to kiss while underage. And it’s illegal for people of any age to have sex in a car in a public place in broad daylight, so knowing her age wouldn’t affect that crime.</p>

<p>It could make her BF a potential statutory rapist.</p>

<p>If they had sex in a car, it doesn’t matter what age she was-- they would already have been doing something unlawful. And, seriously, do you think any person would imagine this woman is under 18?
<a href=“http://instagram.com/p/s2cFGLMcTe?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo”>http://instagram.com/p/s2cFGLMcTe?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>The cop is the one who looks young in that picture.</p>

<p>I’ve been a longtime follower of many of the threads on these forums, particularly the race related ones, but have never felt it necessary to create an account and post until now. But after reading some of the opinions in this thread, I feel that I must give mine.</p>

<p>As background, I am an African American male in my 50’s. I was raised in the South but currently reside in the Midwest. I have lived in nearly every type of community; rural, suburban, and large urban. I have directly experienced racism in some form or fashion multiple times in my life from many different parts of the communities in which I’ve lived. I’ve seen racism from strangers, neighbors, co-workers, and yes, on occasion, from the police. I know racism when I see it, because I’ve experienced it VERY first-hand. That being said, I have this to say.</p>

<p>The incident with this young black lady isn’t racism. It isn’t even close. There was no intent to “profile” this young lady for “kissing while black” as she and several posters on this thread have tried to characterize the police actions. For those who “know” this couple was asked for ID when a “white couple wouldn’t have been” I ask you; Exactly how on God’s green Earth would you “know” this? If there was a white couple 10 feet away who wasn’t approached to question their actions I could see that being viewed as profiling or racist, but how is questioning the only couple involved racist? Regardless of their skin color, they were acting in a manner that someone considered inappropriate enough to call the police initially. If someone felt strongly enough about their actions to contact the police, it’s absolutely the duty of the police to at least perform a cursory investigation at the scene and I see no reason why asking for an ID from both the individuals involved is anything but appropriate police work.</p>

<p>What I see here is 2 individuals who think that their celebrity status somehow exempts them from the rules of acceptable public behavior and common cooperation with the police. While the young man remained relatively calm and cooperated with the police, the young woman chose to immediately react with hostility, resistance, and childish behavior. I have personally experienced horrific treatment at the hands of racist policemen, and still bear the scars from that treatment. I have had a gun pointed at my head and feared for my life, but I don’t allow the actions of one or two racist people color my view of an entire profession of amazing public servants just because they wear the same uniform.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, no matter how far we might progress someday in matters of race in our country, there will always be racist people who remain. It’s a simple fact of life but I choose to not let that fact, nor my personal experiences with racism, define who I am or how I choose to view the world. For those of you posting here who immediately see and cry “racism” in every situation involving someone of color I can only say that I feel sorry for you. It would take far too much energy and anger to live my life with a chip on my shoulder and a victim’s mentality from the things I’ve endured, and I choose to use them as motivation to work for positive change instead.</p>

<p>Those who want to see racism will always find it wherever they look. Every time you insert racism where none actually exists, you dilute the dialogue that attempts to eradicate racism where it does exist.</p>

<p>The police recorded this incident and the audio is on TMZ. The actress started screaming that she was going to call her ‘publicist’. ha. (Not her attorney).</p>

<p>Also TMZ says that witnesses (plural) looking out of the windows of the Art Directors Guild Office (not some crazy old lady offended by kissing) said that the couple was having full on sex in the car with the doors open and in full view. She was straddling him. </p>

<p>The police come off looking far better than the actress.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I would, and did. She looks petite and flat-chested, wearing a novelty white T-shirt with colorful shorts/mini-skirt and running shoes, bawling in public and phoning her “Daddy” for help. That profile matches a child/teenager, not a grown woman.</p>

<p>Oh, please. You really think she looks 16? 17? Plenty of adult women are petite and flat-chested, and plenty more dress younger than their age.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>If that was the case and such a thing is illegal, why no arrest?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes, and they are often mistaken for being much younger than they are. I know this from personal experience. </p>

<p>How old is she, anyway? I couldn’t find her birthdate by googling.</p>

<p>Got nothing on the birth date but TV credits going back to 2008.</p>

<p>Her IMDB page calls the celeb chef her spouse and has been updated to include the accosting by LAPD who mistook her for a prostitute in September of 2014. But, nothing about a birth date. I agree she looks very young and the Daddy, Daddy stuff could make ya wonder.</p>

<p>I looked too, Bay, and couldn’t find a birthdate.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Says the “witness” who wasn’t.</p>

<p>What does that mean? There are reports that a building full of people saw them. Of course, I have no idea if it’s true but it’s not nothing, either. The story is changing with time as usual.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/national/new-audio-paints-different-picture-daniele-watts-i/nhNHz/”>http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/national/new-audio-paints-different-picture-daniele-watts-i/nhNHz/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If she is 18 or older, that certainly gives her BF motivation for willingly producing her ID to the cop.</p>

<p>Read lergnom’s post #198.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Sally, the local news story above disagrees. As do the cops who should know the local laws I would think.</p>