Hollywood Producer Mistakenly Detained by Police

<p>I really don’t see what is racist or sexist about not letting people have sex in public.
If California wants to, they can make it legal to do so.
Then PR hounds would have to break some other law to get attention.</p>

<p>I think she is a PR hound and I am totally skeeved out about the public sex. I would probably have gone off on her myself, but I do think the cop was disrespectful in approaching her. Of course, once he did and she continued her performance art, it was always going to be ugly. It makes me sad, though, that a beautiful accomplished woman would have felt compelled to put herself in the position to humiliate herself in front of so many men – those in the building, the cop, and especially her boyfriend. There’s no amount of publicity to make that worthwhile.</p>

<p>If she simply didn’t want to show her ID, she could have handled the situation much better than she did. She could have simply said no, and stood there. Instead, she went into an emotionally-charged (she was crying) rant (for wont of a better word), calling and involving her Daddy and walking away. Although she may have had the right to do so, it doesn’t make her behavior appropriate, and it was certainly counter-productive. </p>

<p>Is she or isn’t she in the open? Either way she is a racist by presuming the white cops were approaching her because of her race. She stereotyped them even though she appears to have been engaging in more than just kissing while black. </p>

<p><a href=“DID THEY OR DIDN'T THEY? NEW Pics Of "Django Unchained" Star Daniele Watts STRADDLING Boyfriend "HINT" At Sex! | The Young, Black, and Fabulous®”>DID THEY OR DIDN'T THEY? NEW Pics Of "Django Unchained" Star Daniele Watts STRADDLING Boyfriend "HINT" At Sex! | The Young, Black, and Fabulous®;

<p>Yeah, it’s the black people who are the real racists. We always seem to come around to that eventually in this kind of conversation.</p>

<p>That is essentially what he said but he said if after she accused him of being a racist which nothing he did or said would indicate. Unless you don’t want the LAPD to question black people, ever. Disrespect is a non-issue in my opinion. First. it wasn’t that bad. He treated her the way she deserved to be treated based on her action, imho. She was flipping out over nothing. He treated like a child having a tantrum. Second, cops spend all day dealing with criminals. Respect?</p>

<p>If an African American woman falsely accuses a white police officer of being a racist, is that not false accusation not racist? It seems so to me because she is presuming the white cop acted in a specific way because of his race, namely because he is white. </p>

<p>And, she knew that was not the case. The guy who told them to knock it off threatened to call police. So, police show up. The girl knows what’s going on and basically instigated it. Perhaps purposely so she could raise awareness. Is this a good thing? Uh…no. Her BF told the cop she’s done it before. I believe him.</p>

<p>Hey, maybe she gets off on being handcuffed! I just get kind of tired when these discussions take such predictable courses.</p>

<p>The LA cops were a diverse bunch. One Hispanic. One woman. And one openly gay. They are trying.</p>

<p>I would encourage anyone debating this to listen to the early part of the recording and try to tune in to what the boyfriend is quietly saying. When she first mentions having been interrogated before (do you know how many times this has happened…?") the BF says “it’s true.” Later, when she is on the phone with her dad, he says something like “it actually happened the other day…we were just in our garage…(inaudible) a black and white couple.”</p>

<p>And Flossy, the “girl” (woman) did not “instigate” anything. She was having a little fun with her boyfriend. Maybe their judgment was bad about where to have it. But ALL the officer needed to do was scold them and move on. If you notice, he spent pretty much NO time at all in all the minutes he spent bonding with the boyfriend reminding him of relevant statutes and DOING HIS JOB. He was clearly interested in encouraging the drama.</p>

<p>As an aside, does no one think it’s “sexist” when the officer asks for a female officer to help with the situation? Is he basically admitting he can’t be supportive and neutral?</p>

<p>No Sally, that’s proper police procedure to avoid an issue. Sgt. Parker is not going to run after the woman and grab her. He properly requests a female officer. He’s the gay cop, btw. Does that change the sexist issue? I’m not sure.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I heard that part. I wondered what they were doing in their garage that attracted attention to the point of having the police called.</p>

<p>They had two other incidents according to the boyfriend. One time DW refused to speak maintaining her right to remain silent during a traffic stop. The garage thing was at his parents house. A neighbor called but we don’t know why. Also, the BF is an ex-con, so there is that. She told CNN she played a cop on TV so she knows her rights. lol.</p>

<p>The “fun” was the issue. Not her sex or race. Maybe, it was yoga. DW was off with the other cops during bonding time. They drove her back and BF produced her ID. That was the end of that.</p>

<p>

I think that’s true on both sides, but honestly, I think lumping this thread (did you read the details from the eyewitnesses – eww) in with the ones where people end up dead is unserious. This particular woman was either setting up an incident to get attention (or sue?) or she had some weird sexual thing going on which most people don’t care to be forced to watch. She wasn’t approached because she was black, she was approached because she acted like a pig in public.</p>

<p>Hmmmm, pulled over in a traffic stop, something going on in a garage, and action in a parked car. I’m starting to think their thing isn’t handcuffs, but having sex in the car with people watching…</p>

<p>Plus, him being 42 and a pot-head probably means he needs a little more excitement than a dark room and clean sheets to get his tools working properly…</p>

<p>Someone mentioned that it was a “victimless crime” , I assume related to having relations in a public place. Well why not do your business in the street like a dog? Or run around naked?</p>

<p>I’ll say that I’m conservative in that I think people should not be doing the nasty in a public place. And then be surprised if a cop thinks the woman is a ho.</p>

<p>(and related to marriage threads - do they REALLY have to do it in public to maintain their relationship?)</p>

<p>Yes, Hunt, it’s SO predictable, and I don’t know why I bother, but here goes. It’s very likely that someone saw “strange people” in the garage of their neighbor (BF’s dad) and called to report it. Seeing a black person in a garage they may not own is cause enough for some people. I’ve told this story before-my H and I managed a small apartment building when we were first married. One morning the young adult D of the owner was having a very loud physical altercation with her BF. We called police and the girl’s father. At the time we lived in an entirely white, upscale area. As it was difficult to tell which apartment was which, H went down to wait for the police to point out the one in question. Instead, they questioned HIM, asking who he was and what he was doing there.They eventually got around to believing him and checking on the girl’s welfare.</p>

<p>And the traffic strop ?This somehow makes them suspect of worse? Cops stop black people ALL THE TIME for made up reasons, They get followed too. Most black people I know have been stopped randomly, especially if they’re in a nice car. When my BIL and his wife were newly married (he is black, she is white) they were driving in fomr Canada with my H and when they stopped at the border, SIL was asked, “Are you all right? Do you want to be in this car?” Because they happened to have their new marriage license with them (to proudly show off to friends) they were able to prove they belonged in the car together. But they’ve always wondered, what if they weren’t? </p>