Hollywood Producer Mistakenly Detained by Police

<p>Interesting, Bay. It wouldn’t surprise me. There are people like that everywhere. Of course, it takes more to be an “exhibitionist” in LA than it does in a lot of other places. (As an aside, does that make the people watching/photographing the couple voyeurs?)</p>

<p>rhandco, when I said the crime was “victimless” I meant that there was no property to be recovered and returned to its rightful owner, nor any injury (other than having to see something objectionable) to any person.</p>

<p>Well, I wonder how many times the white boyfriend was stopped by cops before going to jail for drug possession…He alluded to a lot of prior experience with law enforcement. Maybe, her problem is her friend group.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes, of course this is a likely possibility. But I don’t know why you assume it would be the petite Black woman who would arouse the neighbors’ suspicions. Chef Lucas can look quite sketchy in some photos I’ve seen of him, and he would more likely to pose a neighborhood threat than she would.</p>

<p>And as far as the traffic stop goes, I’m going to guess that it was him driving, not her. So again, your analogy to your Black BIL’s experience isn’t necessarily parallel.</p>

<p>

It is not very likely. You don’t know that at all. The garage belonged to his father, not a perfect stranger. Neighbors often know the adult children of neighbors. Of course, in this case it is possible that the neighbor called police BECAUSE she knew all about the son.</p>

<p>Very true. I was listening to a radio interview of this guy who was a heroin addict. His girlfriend’s mom found drug paraphernalia in her house, when neither the guy nor the girlfriend were present. She called the cops on them, and they stopped the couple in their car (mom gave the license plate and description). Cops stopped them, searched them and the vehicle, and nothing. Track marks on them proved nothing. They had to release both of them, who went on to continue to do drugs. He OD’d after that and cut down the heroin but it took a while to get off it.</p>

<p>Point being, even if you do know someone is doing drugs, it is not always easy to catch them. </p>

<p>(And NFN, she’s not 30 yet and he’s a 42 year old druggie? Nice pick. Some suggest the opposite issue is at play: <a href=“A Crying Shame: 10 Black Celebs Who Don't Date the Black Woman”>A 10-Year-Old Nigerian Immigrant Who Was Once Homeless Becomes One of America's Youngest National Chess Masters) </p>

<p>Look, the woman is a sleaze. She doesn’t deserve sympathy because (thank God) nothing bad happened to her. She made a fool of herself and has to live with that. Otherwise, she wasn’t victimized. The officer may have been brusque, but I’m surprised that so many are fighting over this. I think it kind of disrespects the memory and dignity of real victims of racial oppression by the police, who are legion.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Except that not one of your comments showed that the police acted out of racism towards Danielle Watt which is what Ms. Watt claims. Her allegations about the police acting on race in this instance are false. No?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Whoa, hold up. It takes two to tango does it not? Why is she singled out as the “pig” and “sleaze” here?</p>

<p>Her BF is so slimey. He was treated with respect by the cops, basically tells the cops his GF is acting inappropriately, then publicly slams the cops for how they were treated. </p>

<p>I’ve gotten worn out explaining what “racism” is to teenagers that I don’t have the strength to explain it again to adults.</p>

<p>

Because she is the one claiming victimization.</p>

<p>Several of us already had choice words for the boyfriend. Go back through the thread. </p>

<p>Hunt, I was always very clear in agreeing with you in the terrible cases of racial injustice by the police. No mitigation, no excuses. But this simply doesn’t rise to the level. Sexism, maybe. But as I said, linking this with cases of real racism is a disservice to its victims.</p>

<p>And I still wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Ms. Watt set up the whole thing to get publicity. What better time than on the heels of terrible tragedies in Missouri and New York?</p>

<p>These are real victims of racism. Also classy.</p>

<p><a href=“Eric Garner's friends and family throw barbecue Saturday to honor his birthday - silive.com”>Eric Garner's friends and family throw barbecue Saturday to honor his birthday - silive.com;

<p>

</p>

<p>Not so. Jovial chat with the cops aside, he is also claiming victimization as one half of an interracial couple and doing a lot of posting/talking/interviews about it:</p>

<p>http://[facebook]/chefbelive2</p>

<p>So, the police are not allowed to question or detain interracial couples? People act like a white couple having public sex would be ignored. Where do you live? Being detained by the cops for refusing to cooperate in an investigation is not being victimized. And, he cooperated.</p>

<p>Do you believe that the white couple would have been (illegally) <em>required</em> to provide ID? And if they refused, do you believe they would have been (illegally) detained? </p>

<p>It is getting to the point where I would not be surprised if police simply refuse to address African American suspects unless the officer is African American. Just as the police often call in a female police officer to handle a female suspect, they will begin calling in an African American police office to handle an African American suspect. </p>

<p>I can remember the Puerto Rican parade in NYC in 2000 where the police were told to stay back from the crowd because it was an ethic festival and the police did not want allegations of excessive enforcement of laws against a minority. The result was many women being sexually assaulted and complaints that the police were not doing anything. The realty was that the police were taking a “hands off” approach to avoid conflict. It can’t be both ways. The cops can’t enforce laws only against whites but keep a distance from everyone else to avoid criticism. Cops should enforce law equally without regard to race and people should cooperate with police and report those police who act inappropriately. If there are racist cops, then get rid of them. But the cops in this case were not racist and were falsely accused of racism by Ms. Watt. </p>

<p>Yes, LasMa. I believe white people are routinely asked for ID’s by cops investigating reported crimes… It’s probably happening somewhere right now. No biggie. She wanted a situation.and she got it. But, it seems to have backfired on her, unfortunately.</p>

<p>That’s not what LasMa asked.</p>

<p>

Told by whom? Mayor Giuliani? I think this was actually a lame excuse pushed anonymously by some people in NYPD to excuse poor policing.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>BTW, this kind of thing can happen in the best neighborhoods. The Duchess of Cambridge is a serial flasher. But I doubt that she’ll ever be arrested for it.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-prince-william-new-2814180”>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-prince-william-new-2814180&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>(There are more explicit photos not in that article; you’ll have to find those on your own.)</p>

<p>So, I’m ignoring the illegally part because that part is inaccurate according to many. many legal experts who have analyzed this thing to death. But, I don’t have the time to provide links or any reason to think LasMa would care, anyway.</p>