<p>What does well-dressed have to do with it? Btw, he was wearing khakis and a T-shirt.</p>
<p>Oh no, another woman arrested for being a pregnant white woman. Terrible racial profiling. Police don’t like babies.</p>
<p><a href=“http://fox8.com/2014/07/28/mistaken-identity-woman-says-she-was-wrongly-accused-on-drug-charges/”>http://fox8.com/2014/07/28/mistaken-identity-woman-says-she-was-wrongly-accused-on-drug-charges/</a></p>
<p>I was briefly detained once when I was pulled over when driving in front of a police car with my toddlers in their car seats. I was informed that I was driving a stolen vehicle. I was incredulous and said, “What? I’ve been the only person ever to own this car and my two kids are strapped into the car seats in the rear.” He called the dispatcher again and discovered he had inverted some of the digits of my license number and sheepishly apologized. </p>
<p>I think a lot depends on how long the detention is, what rights are accorded the “suspect,” and whether the officers act reasonably in light of all known circumstances. When suspects are at least allowed to contact their attorney and the detention is for just long enough to ascertain the facts stated by the suspect, that seems reasonable. 6 hours while not being allowed to speak with an attorney does NOT seem reasonable to me.</p>
<p>You had to go back 4.5 years for that story? This thread is talking about a regular occurrence.</p>
<p>Something tells me razorsharp believes in the “race baiters” and that racism can’t be real because we have a black President. </p>
<p>Oh no, another tax accountant arrested for being white. Simply because there is an eye witness should never influence the police. Police don’t like tax accountants.</p>
<p><a href=“http://northendwaterfront.com/2014/03/man-arrested-for-valentines-day-sexual-assault/”>http://northendwaterfront.com/2014/03/man-arrested-for-valentines-day-sexual-assault/</a></p>
<p>Seriously, razorsharp, you’re saying that similarly situated white people and black people are treated the same by police?</p>
<p>A white dad would have been just as likely to have been arrested for no reason as the black guy in St. Paul? A white bald producer would have been just as likely as the black guy to have been wrongly arrested, humiliated, then held for six hours by the cops even though a quick check would have revealed their error? A white mother of four little kids, driving a red car, would have been just as likely to have been handcuffed as the black mother of four little kids, if the cops were looking for a tan car with four white guys in it?</p>
<p>Hahahaha. You’re so funny.</p>
<p>In Providence, RI several years ago, a man was denied admission to the police academy because his IQ was TOO HIGH!! The message is clear–Providence PD does not want smart cops. Their excuse was that due to his superior intellect, he would get bored with the job. ugh…</p>
<p>Oh my gosh, a white person was once arrested, that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no such thing as racial profiling.</p>
<p>Cardinal Fang, that video of the Dad waiting to pick his kids up from school was anger-inducing, saddening and disheartening, because it’s not 1968, or even 1998. It’s 2014, and when it comes to being black and deemed somehow “inappropriate” in situations in which it’s perfectly “appropriate” to be white, nothing much has changed. How is it that the St. Paul police felt it was perfectly okay to violate the law by demanding this non-lawbreaker’s ID, and then blame him for the mistreatment they meted out to him? This is not Nazi Germany whereby Jews were required to identify themselves upon demand, or to carry “papers”. It’s America (which for many black people, is still all too often “Amurica”, a different country altogether at times). As in the case of the woman stopped and handcuffed because she supposedly “matched the description of the suspects” (really?), what lessons do the poor kids receive when they witness their law-abiding parents being treated as a criminals—that the police are only sworn to serve and protect people who don’t have dark skin? I frequently overheard the adults talk about how to avoid getting shot by racist police during supposed “routine traffic stops” when I was a child. It’s disheartening in the extreme that, 50 yrs later, I and so many of my friends and family still have to impart this same information to our children and grandchildren.</p>
<p>@MADad, I believe the same thing happened in HI and there was a brief uproar but as far as I know nothing came of it. </p>
<p>Discrimination against high IQs for police department was approved by at least one court.<br>
<a href=“Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops - ABC News”>http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836</a> </p>
<p>I have no problem that the producer was picked up, I dont think that was racial at all, the problem is when he was not allowed a call to his attorney and detained for 6 hrs. I doubt someone who was not Black wouldve been treated that way. Also facial ids are NOTORIOUSLY BAD, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO NON BLACKS identifying BLACKS.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>First of all there is no such thing as one police. There are thousands of different police agencies with different levels of training and professionalism. Ignoring that for the sake of argument. Let’s think about this. Do you expect the police to arrest one woman every time they arrest one man? I don’t. Why? Because men are disproportionately more likely to engage in crime. I don’t think the police target men simply because of their gender. The same is true based on race. African Americans make up approximately 13 percent of the population but cause approximately 40 percent of violent crime and make up approximately 40 percent of the prison population. If African American males are more likely to commit crime, they will be more likely to be arrested. Presuming that every time an African American male is arrested it was the result of police bias is itself a reflection of racism. Suggesting the hollywood executive was targeted based on illegal racial profiling is simply wrong and anyone who suggested such a motive owes that police department an apology. At least the police department was professional enough to admit it made a mistake. The ex should have gotten a phone call, etc. but I highly doubt it was because of his race. They probably treat white inmates just as badly. </p>
<p>O.M.G. I Googled “drug use by race” and got this as my first hit. I wonder why, if drug usage is roughly the same, more minorities would be charged and in prison … whatever could the answer be?
<a href=“When It Comes To Illegal Drug Use, White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time | HuffPost Latest News”>HuffPost - Breaking News, U.S. and World News | HuffPost;
<p>
</p>
<p>No one said “every time.” But we have offered numerous recent examples of police bias right here on this thread. Why do you refuse to even discuss them? </p>
<p>Youdon’tsay, we are not allowed to talk about what the answer might be, because in the twisted logic of some people it is “racist” to point out racism. </p>
<p>Was the Beverly Hills incident racist?</p>
<p>Arresting him, I’m not sure. Detaining him for hours WHEN THEY HAD THE VIDEO and could have quickly eliminated him as a suspect, definitely.</p>
<p>I was wondering how long it would take before Razorsharp appeared to deny that racial profiling is still a problem in this country. Right on time. 8-| </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>O.M.G.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The thread title doesn’t have “race” or “black” in it so it took a little longer than usual. But we’ve now been shown three - THREE!! - examples of white people arrested for crimes they didn’t commit, so clearly there is nothing to see here and police absolutely treat everyone the same.</p>