Honors Program

<p>I wasn't accepted to the Honors Program, but I was wondering if I could appeal this decision. If I cannot appeal this, is there a way to transfer into the Honors Program once I enroll and begin taking classes next year? Also, if you were accepted to the Honors Program, would you mind posting your stats? </p>

<p>My stats are:</p>

<p>1300 SAT (540M/760V) and a 91 GPA
Strong recommendations (from math and AP US Teacher)
Essay on relgious faith
AP World (4), AP US (4), AP English (4/5, anticipated)</p>

<pre><code> GRADES:
</code></pre>

<p>ACTIVITIES:
-Student Government 9,10,11,12
-Treasurer (2001-2002, 2002-2003)
-Student Representative
-Homecoming Committee Organizer
-Junior Prom Committee: designed d</p>

<p>If you do go to Northeastern next year and get a gpa of 3.4 after the first semester you will be invited into the honors program. You can join the honors program any year if you have a 3.4 and are invited in.</p>

<p>thank you!</p>

<p>As great as your extracurriculars were, I don't think they matter in the Honor Program decision. I think it's strictly based on SAT scores and GPA based on what i saw on people getting admitted to it.</p>

<p>I will definitely be attending NEU next year, so it looks like I'll just have to work hard my first semester and go into honors after my first semester.</p>

<p>Thanks for all of your help!</p>

<p>Yeah thats what i plan on doing 2</p>

<p>Hey WestchesterGirl,
I will most likely attend NEU next year too. What part of Westchester are you from? I'm from Dobbs Ferry.</p>

<p>What benefits do Honors Students get besides the suite style dorms? Current Student: Do you consider the HP to be a real "step-up" from the standard program? Or is it simply a cheap way to spice up one's resume...</p>

<p>Oh and IanJG, I'm assuming Ian is your first name. I'm glad to see another Ian, such as myself! Happens to be quite rare, at least here on the west coast...</p>

<p>I heard that Honors Kids get better co-ops and higher pay on co-ops. Anyways, who wouldn't want an honors diploma?</p>

<p>As Jewls said earlier, the Honors program seems to be based predominately on grades and scores. From what I've seen, the cut-off looks like 1360 SAT, 3.75 GPA. This seems to be due to NU's goal to become more competitive and with the other Boston schools, so they're offering the Honors perks to the most qualified (statistically) students.</p>

<p>Hey, westchester girl, that really sucks, your EC's are so awesome. I have pretty ****ty EC's but I have a 4.12 weighted GPA and 1440 SAT and they gave me honors...I think that scores are usually what they base it on..=p
~ev</p>

<p>Yea, it is most likely based on SAT scores and GPA. I was accepted into the honors program at NEU with 1510 SAT and 4.something GPA.</p>

<p>bummer- i had 1400 SATs, 4.67weighted GPA (max is like 5.2 on my weird scale...)... which is above 3.75 unweighted.</p>

<p>and they didn't tell me anything about honors! whatever, i'm probably not going there cos i won't be able to sit for the CPA exam after 5 years </p>

<p>=/</p>

<p>CPA exam? whats that?</p>

<p>"From what I've seen, the cut-off looks like 1360 SAT, 3.75 GPA."</p>

<p>Hmmmm. I have a 1360, 3.78.. and no Honors. </p>

<p>Oh well. :)</p>

<p>i got honors and full ride scholarship with 1410 and 3.7 unweighted</p>

<p>I asked the honors program lady, and she told me the "bar" was a 1360 and a 3.7. If you have that and you didnt get in (luckybug) i would write them a letter, call them, or send them an email. Theyre pretty nice. And if you act like youll only go there if youre in the HP (even if its not true) then theyre more than likely to let you in. Good luck!!</p>

<p>i got into honors with a 1360 n 4.0 gpa.. sat 2's: 730,680,670... a lot of EC's (4 varsity sports n lots of community service and clubs).. but im not going cuz NYU gave me 20k n northeastern gave me practically nothing</p>

<p>I got into honors, and only an 11k scholarship with 1390 and 3.9....</p>

<p>It's odd how schools decide where scholarship money goes.</p>

<p>Had anyone heard about people appealing? Or decisions coming out on those appeals?</p>