Hoping and Praying for Those Kids and Coach Stuck in Underwater Cave in Thailand

Best news to wake up to!!!

The last rescuers and the doctor are now out of the cave. Excellent news – job well done!

I wonder if they will seal up the entrance going forward. I sure would.

Glad that’s over! What heroes!

Kudos to the team!!! They are true heroes.

Hope the entrance to that cave will be barricaded so no thrill seeking tourists will try to go in there…

^^^^ https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/asia/thai-cave-tourist-destination-intl/index.html

So relieved and happy for the boys, their families, friends, teachers. Amazing rescue efforts by true heroes. I hope the self-sacrifice of the Thai Navy SEAL who lost his life is not lost in the celebrations.

I couldn’t post earlier, too upset. I trekked this region less than 6 months ago.

At some point, I hope they get all the gear out of the cave as well, when it’s safe to do so. They did use a lot of gear, between pumps, hoses and other equipment. That’s not as time sensitive.

This is great news to wake to indeed!

@JazzyTXMom I love this cartoon representation of all the people involved in the rescue, it’s a true testament of what can be accomplished when countries work together for the common good.

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/the-super-cute-cartoon-paying-tribute-to-thai-cave-rescuers/news-story/0d9d5d4163c8c57a3d3785d223b9a667

I am one of those who could not post before now because it’s too emotional as I could follow the news in Thai and English.

So glad that the mission was accomplished. I echo everyone’s comments on how amazing this team effort has been. Those rescuers are true heroes.

My thoughts and prayers are also with the family of Thai Navy SEAL who lost his life during the mission.

This amazing international effort is a tribute to what can be accomplished when good people from all over the world band together for a common goal. It is an incredible achievement. Such a wonderful outcome to what at first appeared to be insurmountable odds.

A good article about challenges the boys will face: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/trapped-soccer-team-thai-cave-rescue-dive-physical-toll-health-1.4738209

@sly123 Love the cartoon!

We heard so much about the Thai, English, and Australian rescuers (and of course, Elon Musk) but I did not realize that there were many other nations and a K9 unit involved as well.

More cartoons:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5938247/Touching-drawings-miracle-Thai-cave-rescue-flood-social-media.html

https://www.smh.com.au/world/thai-cave-rescue-cartoons-of-hope-20180710-h12h50.html

There was an interview with a woman from the US team. She said their job was at the front of the cave, b.asically carrying those rescued the last mile or so. It’s hot and muggy. They needed a lot of muscle just to get the water pumped, the O2 canisters back to the tunnels day after day, etc.

The entire operation was amazing.

I was following it, but last night I got really scared because I just couldn’t find any information on TV or on line. It was just so tense at the end.

The world needed a story like this. So grateful.

A quote from John Volanthen, the British diver who found the lost boys.
“I dive for passion and always wondered if it would have purpose. Last two weeks we what I prepared for my entire life”

Mr. Volanthen - I am forever thankful.

Last two weeks was, not we.

Thank God.

Well, groundwork is being laid for a Hollywood movie already.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/10/hollywood-has-its-sights-on-thai-cave-rescue.html

To add more drama, just after the 3 seals and medic who had been with the boys left the cave, the main pump failed and the remaining support personnel barely escaped, having to abandon 100s of tanks, equipment and more as the chambers were flooding.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2018/07/10/Thai-navy-SEALS-barely-escaped-after-pump-failure-in-cave-rescue/3931531275148/