How do you make people watching not sound creepy?

<p>So one of the colleges I'm applying to is asking me, on one of their essay prompts, to write about my chosen major, what lead to me choosing it, and why it interests me.</p>

<p>For a while now, I've been interested in sociology, the study of people.</p>

<p>I love observing how people act and why, what makes them tick etc. When I was younger, I was more of an shy, introverted person, so I'd always been the quite one watching everything else happen. With nothing much to do, I began observing everything.
Though I've gotten out of my shell a lot, this hobby has stuck with me.</p>

<p>Now I'm not like one of those psycho stalkers in horror movies who always watches from afar lol. Just a dude interested in human nature :)</p>

<p>I don't wanna weird out the admissions officers though, any ideas? Thanks!</p>

<p>No it's not creepy at all. My bother was just accepted into college, and his major is Sociology. In his sociology class, they had to "spy" or observe people and write a formal report on their interactions, speech and social skills. I though it was really cool. Write how you feel. You writing down how passionate you are about this shows them how dedicated you are. I think you're on the right track and good luck :)</p>

<p>Haha that's so cool! Thanks dude :)</p>