How to be Accepted to Rutgers?

<p>Someone sent me a PM advising me to re-post this in the parents' forum, so here it is:</p>

<p>My academic record beyond high school is an utter failure. I went to Northeastern University after graduating high school. Dropped out after a couple semesters due to bad grades and a handful of W's. Went to two community colleges and performed poorly there as well. Basically I have been lazy, unmotivated, and depressed. But I want to turn my life around now. I had the idea of taking a couple courses at Rutgers this summer to help me get in (the summer program accepts everyone), and so far I'm doing really well in both. If I can manage to get A's in both classes (Macroeconomics and Intro to Sociology), is it even worth it to apply? If I were to take five courses in the fall again at community college and do really well, do you think I would have a shot?</p>

<p>Also I don't know if they would even care about my high school performance at this point, but my GPA was a 3.4 if I remember correctly and my SAT score was in the 1900s.</p>

<p>Bumping this to the first page since no one has replied yet.</p>

<p>Since you're already taking classes there, why not make an appointment with the counseling office and ask? They will certainly have more of an idea. </p>

<p>Also, make sure you have the funds to go there...don't know what the costs are, but would be disappointing to get accepted and have no funds.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>I think Capenn's advice is excellent
Best of luck. If not Rutgers, how about Montclair, Rowan or Kean?</p>

<p>I would not consider Kean University at this time. This is why:</p>

<p>Kean</a> University, Essex County College issued warnings after failing reviews | NJ.com</p>

<p>I think you will have to start off with a positive GPA from CC before Rutgers will accept you full time.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the responses. I plan to make an appointment with the counseling office..</p>