If I am Swiss do I need to pay the International Student fees?

<p>Hi! I'm a Swiss citizen living in the United States. I was wondering if I were to apply to a university like University of Cambridge, would I still have to apply as an international student (because Switzerland is not part of the EU) even though I am a Swiss citizen? I have heard many different answer on the topic and I just want to know before I start the application process and realize there are too many documents and fees for me to handle. Thank you!</p>

<p>I don’t think many people on this site are familiar with the English universities and their international status for non Brits. But you can wait to find out :slight_smile: </p>

<p>You’re not an EU citizen.
You’re living in the US, so presumably you’re neither an EU resident nor UK resident.</p>

<p>So why wouldn’t you be subject to int’l fees at a UK school?</p>

<p>Fees status is based more on tax-residency than citizenship. If you are tax resident in the EU / UK you pay domestic fees; if not you pay international fees. There are some gray areas- for example, if you are a UK diplomat posted abroad you still qualify for domestic fees, but simply having citizenship in a country that is next door to an EU country does not qualify you as a ‘home’ student :slight_smile: </p>

<p>(info is here: <a href=“http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/international/finance/feestatus.html”>http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/international/finance/feestatus.html</a>)</p>

<p>You are just another foreigner. It isn’t complicated at all, and even having British children, it is all very clear than unless you have 3 yrs high school in the UK up to a level or some very specific circumstances, you are foreign. But honestly, that is probably the least of your worries when applying to such a school. </p>