I want to take courses to become a Certified Nurse Assistant, but the ONLY prerequisite for the program I’m trying to enroll in, is a high school diploma or a GED.
I don’t want to wait 1 year.
That program is convenient for me as After-school classes. Normal class ends at 3, the CNA evening training starts at 6. So I can continue attending high school and getting training.
Can I just take the GED exam now, then enroll in that program, or will there be consequences?
What state are you in? NYS education regulations state that a student doesn’t give up the right to a high school education by taking the GED/Tasc exam. Check your state regulations or ask your guidance counselor about your state’s policy.
"4.Demonstrate/document eligibility to take the TASC™ tests of the following criteria: ◦One year has passed since you were legally able to leave school and last enrolled in a regular full time high school program on instruction leading to a high school diploma.
OR
◦You were a member of a high school class that has already graduated.
OR
◦ You are enrolled in an approved Alternative High School Equivalency Preparation (AHSEP) Program.
OR
◦You have applied to the U.S. Armed Forces, college, university or an accredited postsecondary institution.
OR
◦ You have been a participant in a Job Corps program.
OR
◦You are a resident confined to a narcotics addiction control center, New York State Office of Children and Family Services (NYSOCFS) facility, jail or New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervisor (NYSDOCCS) facility, or is a patient in a hospital in the State or county of New York.
OR
◦You are an adjudicated youth under the direction of a prison, jail, detention center, parole or probation officer.
OR
◦ You have been home schooled. "
“◦You have applied to the U.S. Armed Forces, college, university or an accredited postsecondary institution.”
Does the accredited Certfied Nurse Assistant training program count as an “accredited postsecondary institution”. I DID apply for it, and they said i needed a Diploma or GED to join. In this case, i can take the GED Exam for it, right?