Is getting Siemens semifinalist easier or harder for the midwest region?

<p>As compared to other regions, is the competition harder to get semifinalist in the midwest region (300 semifinalists 50 from each region) than other regions?</p>

<p>anyone?.....</p>

<p>..........no one?</p>

<p>im sure someone knows.</p>

<p>Well, I sure don't :)</p>

<p>.....one last time?</p>

<p>much easier than in NY! But getting it is never "easy."</p>

<p>thanks......does it matter if the we didn't get what we want through our results? IE if we are looking for a certain type of yeast and we didnt get it....</p>

<p>^ If you can draw some other important conclusion with that information, I don't see how it would disqualify you. A hypothesis is an educated guess, really. If it doesn't work out the way you believed it would, you aren't discredited. But you should understand why the results were the way they were.</p>

<p>Alright...I'll take a guess...</p>

<p>I think that Siemens is getting more difficult in all of the regions. Last year, over 1600 projects were entered, more than any year before. However, a lot depends on the caliber of the students entering, which will vary from year to year. On the whole, though, I'd say that the Midwest region is getting more difficult than it has been in previous years, but the most difficult regions are still the Western region and the New England region.</p>

<p>"does it matter if the we didn't get what we want through our results?"</p>

<p>There are such things as stupid questions.</p>

<p>SineWave=frustrated bigot
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.</p>

<p>bump...........</p>

<p>I don't think they do it by regions...</p>