Is having a YT following a good EC?

<p>If anybody is on YT, you know about the partnership thing they do on there. I was just wondering, would that look good on a college APP if you could say you had like 10-15 thousand subscribers on YT and had a partnership? On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate that as an EC?</p>

<p>It depends on what kind of content you put on YT. If it’s potentially offensive, I wouldn’t even include it. If you could use your platform to do something positive like advocating for a cause or starting a fundraiser, though, it would definitely look impressive.</p>

<p>Yeah. I agree with @puellamagi - there are some users on YT that have quite a large following but they post either offensive (TheAmazingAtheist) or pointless (basically every beauty guru) material - if that’s you, I’d probably leave it out, unless you were like Michelle Phan and ended up owning a make up brand because of your videos - but other than that, yeah, no. </p>

<p>If you were like, a miniature vlogbrother and you had videos that supported different charities or you had math tutorials or even simple cooking videos, I think that’d actually be a fantastic EC. Something that shows your passion and is educational to some degree. </p>

<p>I would put it down for high-tier universities (e.g State Flagship, Stanford, etc) if it fulfills the following:</p>

<p>(1) Family-safe content
(2)* Brings in considerable income - in excess of $10k/yr
(3) Large audience (~25k+)</p>

<ul>
<li>or raises money for a different organization</li>
</ul>