Is that Worth it for Internationals to take English in US?

<p>I am curious about it.
I like English Literature and thinking studying English (AS A DEGREE) in an English Speaking Country may be best for me. </p>

<p>But would that be worth the Price Tag??
What career aspacts can I expect after my completion of study?</p>

<p>Are you asking about ESL or a regular college degree in English literature?</p>

<p>Regular college degree</p>

<p>I don't know what doors a degree in English literature will open in your home country. You definitely would be able to speak English, but that is about it. You would not be an interpreter and you would not have any other professional qualifications. I would guess companies would prefer employees who can speak English and have something else to contribute. Studying English in an English-speaking country is probably better than in a non-English speaking country from an academic point of view, but from a career perspective studying anything else in an English-speaking country seems preferable.</p>

<p>Unless you wanna become a professor of English or something...</p>

<p>True... :)</p>

<p>So it's better if i take up a second major like economics for employment purpose? or how about Pre-med, if they let internationals do it?</p>

<p>You can do pre-med but admission to med school is very difficult for international students and financial aid is almost non-existent (i.e. be ready to pay $60,000 a year for 4 years of med school). If you do not plan to go to med school, don't do pre-med. It is just an introductory science sequence: calculus, physics, organic chemistry, biology - a little bit of everything but nothing in-depth.</p>

<p>Yeah (10 char)</p>

<p>^ so thats how u get your 3227 posts....by doing (10 char)</p>

<p>nathananise you probably know that a US college edu is seldom concentrated in a single discipline....the liberal arts curriculum means u'll probably be spending 40% of your time on subjects outside your major, which means you can spend a huge amount of time on english literature (your interest) and still graduate with a degree thats marketable i.e. 40% english lit, 60% econs, grad with econs major lit minor</p>