Is this even allowed to happen?

<p>A new semester began (we have two semester the entire school year) and my teacher continued the new semester with his old semester grades. So, instead of starting fresh with no grades in the grade-book (like every one of my other classes) he used the past semester and just continued with the grades. Is this allowed? If no, is there any documentation i can show him to make him start the semester fresh?</p>

<p>P.S. Our new semester didn't JUST start, I just happened to notice the problem now.</p>

<p>no not allowed bring it up with the principal</p>

<p>What the hell... kind of defeats the purpose of a new semester. I don't think that should be allowed.</p>

<p>I don't think there are any set rules about this if it's a year-long class. Go talk to a GC. There is no law about it therefore we can't answer it.</p>

<p>It could be a year long class in which case its perfectly fine, although I would think he would have told you guys at some point, which he might have when you weren't listening.</p>

<p>No, it's allowed sadly. Some of my teachers decide to do this while
others don't.</p>

<p>Talk about it with the Guidance Counselor..and if he does not do much, Principal.</p>