James Taylor and Carole King Tour

<p>James</a> Taylor, Carole King plan tour together - NewsFlash - NJ.com</p>

<p>This is a concert I would pay significant $$ and travel to see. The only US city announced so far is LA in May. What is the best way to keep track of tour announcements so I can jump on tickets for the closest concert as soon as they go on sale?</p>

<p>I would love to go as well. I hope they come near me!!</p>

<p><a href="http://store.jamestaylor.com/store/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://store.jamestaylor.com/store/&lt;/a>
official ticket presale site.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.jamestaylor.com/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.jamestaylor.com/&lt;/a>

<p>His video on the homepage (2nd link) make makes me feel old, though.</p>

<p>Fingers crossed that they will be near to me, too! Thanks for the heads up.</p>

<p>thanks for the links :)</p>

<p>I would love to see them together. Maybe they will come to all our cities and we can be there with all the other 50+ year old people trying to act like teenagers again!!</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up! I have seen James Taylor live, several times, but the last time must have been 20 or 30 years ago! Saw him on TV recently on - of all places - QVC! </p>

<p>I was just reading a review of Lyle Lovett concert, mentioned his drummer is Russ Kunkel. He always played with JT in concert.</p>

<p>oh wow....I'll start saving my money now......keep this updated...</p>

<p>I have seen both James and Livingston Taylor sing (separately) in small venues. It was years ago. They were wonderful shows. With Livingstone it was just him and his guitar. I suspect James and Carole will be able to fill huge stadium type venues. This will not be as great, but oh well, I would go anyway.</p>

<p>I so hope they come to NYC. I saw them together back when I was in my teens. Would love to see them again. Please keep us informed.</p>

<p>you can sign up for updates on Carole</a> King & James Taylor 2010 World Tour!</p>

<p>goo gle is a wonderful thing.....</p>

<p>Thanks for this - I love them both. Saw JT in college, it was my first concert ever. The first album I ever bought was Tapestry. I was in junior high.
I will pay $$$ for this!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Ha ha ha! When I read the beginning of this post I burst out singing "Tapestry." Better get it out of my system now so I don't drown JT or Carole out during the concert :D Still, I do hope we all get to sing along at least part of the time!</p>

<p>I'd LOVE to see these two on the same stage!.....Do you suppose more dates will be announced soon?</p>

<p>
[quote]
I would love to see them together. Maybe they will come to all our cities and we can be there with all the other 50+ year old people trying to act like teenagers again!!

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Like the Simon and Garfunkel concert I went to several years ago. It was so much fun!</p>

<p>I saw James (and Livingston!) in concert many years ago. And I met Carole when she was campaigning for John Kerry in 2004. She's as smart and nice as you might imagine.</p>

<p>I'd travel many miles to see this concert!</p>

<p>One of my favorite covers is when Eddie Vedder performed Millworker *, at the Arlington in Santa Barbara last year. ( Although * Walking the Cow by Daniel Johnston was pretty sweet too-everything is better from the third row! :D)</p>

<p>Tapestry was one of my first albums too ( and my daughter listened to Really Rosie every night for two or three years)</p>

<p>I saw them together a couple of years ago at Tanglewood on the fourth of July. For some reason, they were celebrating James Taylor's birthday, though his birthday is earlier in the spring, so they had a bunch of special guests. Yo-Yo Ma, Carole King, and weirdly, John Travolta. He also had a video birthday wish from Homer Simpson. He sang a few songs with Carole and it was just magical, so </p>

<p>"Girls like us" is a wonderful book -- I read it this summer while on vacation. My only regret was not having access to all my albums and the Internet, so I could listen to the music and look at lyrics while reading. </p>

<p>As my name suggests, I'm a big JT fan -- been to many concerts. One of my favorites was when I was in college, going to see his sister Kate in a small club in Boston, and James came on stage to sing with her.</p>

<p>Planning to take my wife and some friends in May to the Bowl. I was lucky enough to get tickets to see them together at the Troubadour last year. This is a tiny venue in West Hollywood. We were literally next to the band the whole night. It was great because this is where they first played together in the late '60's. They also had the old back up band that included Danny Kortchmor, Lee Sklar, and Russ Kunkel. What a great night. Jane and Peter Fonda came where there and it fun to see them rocking out.</p>

<p>Thanks a million to the poster with the concert site! I'm now signed up for concert schedule updates, and I've put the Weller book on my online "hold" list at the library. CC comes through again!</p>

<p>"All you Carole King fans have got to read "Girls Like Us: Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon--and the Journey of a Generation by Sheila Weller."</p>

<p>Even my teenage D read this book. Really worthwhile reading.</p>