Jan-2012- Biology (E/M)

<p>What'd you guys think ?</p>

<p>i found it a bit hard!
anyone wanna share the answers?</p>

<p>Let's wait a bit!</p>

<p>I found it exceptionally easy.</p>

<p>I found it to be mediocre. Some parts were insanely easy, others were a bit difficult.</p>

<p>What did you guys get for the matching question that said, "A new allele appears in an isolated population?"</p>

<p>Come on Biology EM takers, make this thread as active as Math or at least Chem...</p>

<p>Yea, Im on the west coast and i took it an hr ago, i think its safe. Plus math2 has like 170 responses...</p>

<p>I got genetic drift for a new allele and tight junction, but idk if it's right. Also got olfactory hairs and taste receptors</p>

<p>1: I put Olfactory for this one, Im pretty sure about it.
2: Don't remember, took M. Maybe on E?
3.tight junction.
4. oviduct
5. Tropical rain forest have poor soil and lush veg.</p>

<p>I put hemoglobin too, but when i looked it up, it seems co2 and h20 might be the answer</p>

<p>No i think genetic drift was when an alelle dissapeared from a small pop. Mutation was the source for isolated pop i think.</p>

<p>Eh i thought the molecule was a phospholipid, cus it had a glycerol component and 2 hydrocarbon tails.</p>

<p>What about the question about marsupials vs other mammals?</p>

<p>Specialized receptor cells called chemoreceptors transmit taste and smell. Chemoreceptors of the human tongue distinguish four different tastes: sweet, sour, salty, and bitter. In the human nose, chemoreceptors detect a variety of scents, including minty, floral, musky, putrid, and pungent.</p>

<p>In both taste and smell, chemoreceptors are stimulated by molecules and ions that reach the tongue and nose. Liquid materials affect the chemoreceptors in the taste buds of the tongue, while gaseous molecules affect the chemoreceptors in the upper reaches of the nose. The olfactory nerve carries nerve impulses from the nose to the brain for interpretation.</p>

<p>Lol, i didnt get the marsupial one, but I was about to put the long gestation period.</p>

<p>I also put nucleotide because it looked like a base, sugar, and phosphate</p>

<p>There was also one about fish gills vs lungs...</p>

<p>Anyone taking M get the last question for the first pedigree experiment, where they asked the probability for the girl to express the domaninant phenotype?</p>

<p>Same here! (Countercurrent exchange). Substrates are what the enzymes act on, or as I interpret it, the reactants, so I think h20 and co2 are right</p>

<p>Physics, since you've taken bio before, is the curve similar to the CB practice test for Bio curve? Or is it like -2 max for 800?</p>