Format (copy & paste all thing below):
Accepted: Govs, Berkshire, St. Mark’s, Tabor
Rejected: Andover, Groton, Deerfield
Wait listed: Concord, Taft, Brooks, Milton, Middlesex, SPS, Exeter, NMH
Likely Attending: idk lmao
• SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 86% and 85%, submitted both to all (if superscore then its 92%)
• GPA Unweighted/Weighted: N/A
• Rank: nope N/A
• Other stats: Honors math and that’s it.
• Interviews: all went pretty well, except for Andover, MX, and SPS ig lol
• Essays: i cringe so hard when i read them now. not really strong and personal.
• Math Rec: cant be bad, maybe like 7/10? *BLIND
• English Rec: pretty sure its good. like 9/10? *BLIND
• Personal Rec: my former science teacher and he really likes me, I do pretty well in his classes.
• Counselor Rec: I haven’t even talked to them for an hour when they wrote and submitted my rec lol. *BLIND
• Special interest Rec: my piano teacher and she really likes me. submitted to about 10 schools in total?
• Other subject Rec: my french teacher. i had her for half a year last year, and she’s always really nice to me. *half blind?
• Other Rec (only for Deerfield): my CURRENT science teacher. i think she likes me, but idrk. funny lady, and I also crack at her jokes. *BLIND
• Sports (if any): Basketball, Swimming, Tennis, (very bad) Volleyball
• Instruments (if any): Piano, Clarinet, some percussion, Xylophone, Marimba and smth
• Other ECs (if any): Ocean Science Club, tons of service, tutoring, debate, mun, DEI student advisory council member, prefect, pretty sure there’s more but I don’t remember them rn… ill update if I can ig
• Hook: nothing lol
• State or Country: MA
• Current School Type: Public
• Ethnicity: Asian
• Gender: Female
• Grade Applying For: 9th
• Age: 13 (almost 14!!)
• Financial Aid/Full Pay: FP
well rounded i guess? i do tons of stuff and all the AOs seemed pretty impressed about it. and I suppose I can contribute to sports, music, service, DEI, or whatever.
ORM. terrible ssat. blind recs. my teachers have ton of experience writing recs so I’m pretty sure it wasn’t terrible, but they can’t say a lot about me. lol I took the ssat twice and my results are terrible so that didn’t help.
Why do you think you were accepted/rejected/waitlisted?
i applied to 15 schools in total, WLed at 8 (surprise surprise), and I think they’re just soft rejections. i could never get into the T10, so that was a huge reach and I expected nothing (and i also got nothing). i was surprised that schools I reached out a lot to (like NMH) and had a great interview with WLed me in the end. probably because I was too “normal” and there were other applicants who were more qualified than me. this year has been HARD for everyone, and the admit rates dropped like crazy. i wasn’t expecting the offers, but I did put all my effort for all the schools. Rejected bc I’m seriously not qualified for schools like Groton and Andover.
my advice would be to truly show these schools that it’s their loss if they don’t accept you. show them that you’re amazing (which you are, don’t ever doubt it!) and show your interest in their programs and stuff. I emailed like crazy after J15, and I connected with a lot of teachers. Best of luck to you!!!