Mid-Year grade report for EA?

<p>Quick question - S2 checked his status and the only outstanding item is the "Mid-year grade report" which has a due date after decisions are released and aren't even available until January anyway. He did apply EA - double checked that on the common app. Thoughts?</p>

<p>I am sure Dean J will answer here when she has a moment however I imagine the decisions for EA are based on your sons academic results through the end of Junior year. UVA will then want to see his mid year report to make sure he is staying on track. They always have the option to rescind an acceptance if a students grades take a turn inconsistent with the results that the decision was made on. The same goes for any admit through the end of their high school career. :) Good Luck</p>

<p>Dean J addresses this in the comment section of her latest blog post: Notes</a> from Peabody: The UVA Application Process: Preliminary Early Action numbers</p>

<p>If you haven't subscribed to the blog I would highly recommend it. She regularly posts the latest updates there first. You'll get an email alerting you of new blog posts so you'll always know when she has new updates. You can also post questions directly to her there (as well as search to see if she's already answered it). :)</p>

<p>Thank you. Blueiguana - I actually did see that comment on the blog to ignore the status for a while because it takes a few weeks to match it all up. The question is more that the status is asking for something that isn't required, not something that is waiting to be matched up. Maybe the "SIS" isn't set-up yet for the new EA admissions so still has "mid-year grade reports" which would be required for RD.</p>

<p>It is required just not currently. Mamalumper answered it perfectly. The mid-year report is required of all applicants to make sure they are consistent with their grades at the mid-year juncture. They will also ask for a final grade report after acceptance to again be sure the student has maintained their academics. If at the mid-year and/or the final transcript the grades have fallen off then UVa will inquire about the change and a decision will be made at that point. </p>

<p>Basically, do not worry about it now. UVa knows it is there, it is built into the SIS system as you assumed and it will eventually be required after the reports for a high school come out. Which is usually January/February. </p>

<p>If still unclear reread Mamalumper's response post or go to the UVa blog as suggested by BlueIguana and inquire there. Dean J is the facilitator for that site and will get back to you or you can email admissions directly. </p>

<p>Best to you and your student! : )</p>

<p>While your school may not have MYs until late January, there are schools that send them in December. The SIS can not discern the time line of your high school and it is asking for MYs of all applicants.</p>

<p>If an applicant gets to the point that the MY Report is the only item on the to-do list, they have nothing about which to worry.</p>