Mind Not Working

<p>Has anyone ever had those times where they really want to study, but their mind just isn't there. I'm having one of those moments right now. I just woke up an hour and a half ago from a nap on the couch, and cannot think straight as I'm studying for the SATs. Like, I tried to do a level 3 problem and totally messed up because I misread a part. Something I wouldn't do. I don't know if it's because I'm getting lazy (which is what I'm afraid of) or I'm just dizzy still from the nap.</p>

<p>Anyone have any methods of waking your brain up?</p>

<p>yes, i have those everyday. but at least you opened an SAT book. I can't even get myself to do that. what can i say, i'm an extremely lazy person and i've gotten so used to procrastinating that i get better at it every time. but you don't sound lazy, i think you just need some motivation, that adrenaline rush. I usually get that adrenaline rush the DAY of the test or the night before. but that's just me. basically there's not much you can do about it besides "forcing" yourself to study. Set goals for yourself, and try your best to reach them. Be hard on yourself, but not too hard that you kill yourself over it. What i'm saying is don't make excuses NOT to study. OR, you can always just come on this website and go to the "What are my chances" thread and read the posts there. After reading them, i usually feel dumb, but motivated, which makes me want to do well on the SAT's. But that feeling fades away quick lol. Seriously though, you just need some motivation. I , on the other hand, have been afflicted with severe indolence. And i desperately need a cure :&lt;/p>

<p>Your mind is working fine! The problem is that what you're doing is not working with your mind. And that's because what your doing isn't natural. Blame the society, your schedule, what your made to do, etc., but PLEASE don't blame your poor mind.</p>

<p>Another things that doesn't work with your mind: you thinking your mind doesn't work. That's unnatural too, and its a symptom of everything else that's unnatural.</p>

<p>Ok lol......^^^</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>