Most ridiculous college app padders

<p>Hey everyone,</p>

<p>I thought it might be fun if we all shared some of the ridiculous things that either we or someone we know have done to "boost their college applications." Some of them can be quite ridiculous.....</p>

<p>I'll start! One kid at my school started "Twilight Book Club." Another one started "Food Club." Yet another started "Future Veterinarians Club" and one more started "The World War II Club."</p>

<p>It is my hope that colleges are able to tell that these kids are just resume padders.... none of these clubs meet regularly and all of them have fewer than 5 members. Just saying.... </p>

<p>What are some of the ridiculous things you have heard of people doing to put on their college application?</p>

<p>My school:</p>

<p>Anime Club
Harry Potter Club
Ping-Pong Club</p>

<p>"Twilight Book Club"? Seriously? I would throw that app in the trash.</p>

<p>Hm...at my school...</p>

<ul>
<li>Chess Club: seriously in some schools, a joke with three members in mine</li>
</ul>

<p>A kid I know wrote every essay about how tough it was growing up as an African American in America....</p>

<p>That doesn't sound too bad, except for the fact that he grew up in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the country and there is virtually no discrimination here. He got into every college he applied to.</p>

<p>^ why I refused to write a real diversity "how have you experienced discrimination?" kind of essay (mostly because I live on the entirely hispanic side of town so to face racism against it I have to drive to the north side and I don't really like the north side), wrote about my extra toe bringing diversity to the college instead</p>

<p>this guy put himself as president of math club, which is wrong in so many ways as he's not president, there is no election or officers for that club because we made that club up just to make AP calculus shirts and shirts can't be made by the school unless it's under a club. so happy he got rejected from MIT, that guy was a jerk overall</p>