Movies I wanted to/or did, walk out of

<p>I would have walked out on Inception if I hadn’t been with people (My kids can’t believe it but it’s true)!!!</p>

<p>Loved Days of Heaven… Richard is really good in that role. Also liked him in that movie that featured a black spirit of some kind that made a bridge collapse. Name? Weird movie but I like lots of weird movies. </p>

<p>Agree that Julia is annoying. I don’t understand what all the fuss is about. She’s not even that pretty. </p>

<p>And yes, Jim Carey does have some really good movies now that you mention it.</p>

<p>I can see people walking out on Inception. I didn’t hate it but it did seem too long. And pretty hard to follow…although I like that sometimes. I was looking at my watch during the snow scenes. But I do like Dicap…so I had no problems sticking with it. </p>

<p>I’m wishing for the good movie thread again! So many great recommendations…some movies I’ve never heard of before, ordered and LOVED. Well I guess now I have a list of movies to think twice about before ordering!</p>

<p>Richard Gere and Keanu Reeves remind me of eachother. Cute, but you look into their eyes and there’s not much there.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>And that is the attraction!</p>

<p>

With you on that one, greenwitch! I agree she’s given some great performances, but spare me when she plays a tough guy. I’d have walked out on Hannibal if I’d been in a theatre (walked out of the family room instead). And in Next (have we mentioned Nicholas Cage yet?) she was doing a Bogart impression or something.</p>

<p>I’ve actually liked some Nicholas Cage performances, but he’s another who almost always picks lousy or just plain stupid movies.</p>

<p>I think Angelina Jolie is talented. But does she have to get every part?</p>

<p>I hate to admit it, but a lot of whether or not I’ll watch a film once or twice is due to having a bit of a crush on the female lead. Good example is “Meet Joe Black,” which focuses on a lot of whiny rich people but I get captivated by Claire Forlani and can’t turn it off. Ditto Rachel McAdams in “Wedding Crashers,” Kate Mara in “We are Marshall,” and Kate Beckinsale in anything.</p>

<p>Charlize Theron, Kate Hudson, Demi Moore, Julianne Moore, Helen Hunt, Jodie Foster, & Drew Barrymore could be in the greatest movie of all time and I think I’d have trouble enjoying it because I find them so completely boring.</p>

<p>Tom Cruise was good in Jerry McGuire because he was believable as a goofy klutz. Not so believable as a butt-kicking secret agent.</p>

<p>Wish there was a button I could push to make both Colin Farrel and Colin Hanks fall through a trap door.</p>

<p>I saw some Tom Cruise movie recently and he was some sort of secret agent. I can’t believe I’ve forgotten the title already, it must have been really bad!</p>

<p>Still, we all agreed that Tom Cruise does a really good fast run on camera. He’s done it in several movies and he looks like a short distance sprinter. </p>

<p>Oh, I just remembered, it was that awful movie with poor Cameron Diaz. Title, anyone?</p>

<p>Knight & Day didn’t see it</p>

<p>Meet the Spartans.</p>

<p>It was the worst thing Ive ever seen on film.</p>

<p>"It was the worst thing Ive ever seen on film. "</p>

<p>Worse than “Nothing but Trouble”?</p>

<p>I don’t mind Julia Roberts, I just wish she didn’t have so many teeth!</p>

<p>I liked In Bruges too.
Love Days of Heaven- and no Gere isn’t an intellectual- but I like him.
I also think Cruise can be a very good actor- but an idiot and he makes some obvious choices in movies.
I just started watching 30Rock on hulu and Julianne Moore with a really bad Boston accent plays Alec Baldwins love interest.
I also liked her in Far from Heaven with Dennis Quaid /Haysbert</p>

<p>I used to like Carrey in the television show The Duck Factory & I liked Spotless mind ( although I wanted to slap Elijah woods character around a little)- but I haven’t seen any of his broader performances</p>

<p>I also have liked Drew Barrymore ever since I saw her in E.T & our whole family liked Ever After + I think I could watch anything that Anjelica Huston was in.</p>

<p>I also think Charlize Theron is a very good actor- I first saw her in Two Days in the Valley.</p>

<p>Iv’e also liked Nick Cage in a few things, Birdy, Moonstruck, Red Rock West- but he should give up the Chuck Bronson shtick.</p>

<p>I will admit I love watching Drew Barrymore movies (I am not including the Charlies Angels Series). Yes, they are mostly the same, but H and I cannot resist Wedding Singer and the last 5 minutes of Never Been Kissed always makes me smile. They are silly but sweet. She is very likable.</p>

<p>Same goes for Hugh Grant. He does play the same character in most films, and I just love that character - can’t explain it. I loved him in Notting Hill and had no idea what he saw in the Julia Roberts character (as others have said, I do not care for her either)</p>

<p>Enough confession for me tonight.</p>

<p>Emerald - thanks for reminding me of Ever After - we love that movie!</p>

<p>I’ve never seen Knight and Day but I heard it wasn’t too bad. Better than Killers, honestly I was very disappointed because I like Katherine Heigl but I hate Ashton Kutcher. I was very, very, very disappointed with the Last Airbender. Especially since I love the television series.</p>

<p>I enjoyed Knight and Day. Cruise did a good job slyly mocking himself. Diaz, not so much.</p>

<p>Terence Malick: Supposedly, the film that was supposed to be a sequel of sorts to Days of Heaven – The Tree of Life – was going to be shown at Cannes and released this year. Then . . . not. I think it’s supposed to be in the can, though.</p>

<p>Drew Barrymore: Really? People dislike Drew Barrymore? Not I. There are a few movies from her teens I could do without (Poison Ivy, for one), but E.T., Ever After, Whip It, 50 First Dates, Everyone Says I Love You, The Wedding Singer . . . .? I like watching her a lot.</p>

<p>Don’t know if anyone mentioned this, and I’m dating myself, but…</p>

<p>Eraserhead.</p>

<p>Worst. Movie. Ever.</p>

<p>I think Drew Barrymore is a great actress. She’s not too sexual in her movies but is still that fun, flirty type. I think she’s a good actress, not my favorite, but I still enjoy her.</p>

<p>I agree about Eraserhead, ick! And then David Lynch got all mainstream artsy and we had to put up with more of him.</p>

<p>I prefer John Waters’ rebirth in Hairspray and Crybaby.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I love Stranger than Paradise, Jim Jarmusch’s first film. First time I saw it was on a double bill with Koyaanisqatsi, the Phillip Glass film, another film I really like. But just to show how odd my taste in movies is, I cannot stand Meryl Streep and can’t watch any of her movies. Same with Jack Nickelson. I find them both of them annoying.</p>