Music you and your college student like

<p>Daughter (college sophomore) and I are taking a mini-road trip and have challenged each other to create a CD of songs that the other will like. So far all I can come up with are a few songs from shows like Glee or Wicked. Any suggestions?</p>

<p>My kids both LOVED the Beatles. And they both liked the Eagles too. And Bruce Springsteen.</p>

<p>S2 likes Cat Stevens. He has seen Bob Dylan in concert... me, never.</p>

<p>My son and I are both in awe of the Beatles. We also get a huge kick out of Richard Cheese, who does covers of pop, rock, death metal, and gangsta rap songs in the lounge-lizard/big-band style. We find the ironic clash of styles hilarious.</p>

<p>My college age daughter likes hip hop & rap, but I would go crazy if I had to listen to it on a car trip for very long.</p>

<p>I like most of the music my daughter likes including Coldplay, Matchbox 20, Maroon 5, Goo Goo Dolls, Counting Crows and The Wallflowers. We both like some of the old classic bands too. I like some of the more rough sounding bands like Dave Matthews and the Red Hot Chili Peppers while she likes some of the more mellow ones.</p>

<p>My kids and I like Laurie Anderson. We also like Dan LeSac vs. Scroobius Pip.</p>

<p>Dave Matthews is rough?</p>

<p>We pretty much listen to the classics, classical music, and bands like Maroon 5, U2, Coldplay, etc.</p>

<p>I wouldn't advise listening to much Coldplay on a road trip. You might fall asleep and drive off the road.</p>

<p>With my D's, I share all of the artists that kathiep named, and just about any Country artist. </p>

<p>D2 tries to keep me current with some of her music, and I'll listen to most of it -- but not some of the rap that she likes. I can handle some Eminem, but I don't really care for WizClef or B.O.B.</p>

<p>music that I think would be good for a road trip is [url=<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Music-Motion-Picture-Into-Wild/dp/B000ULQV0W%5DMusic"&gt;http://www.amazon.com/Music-Motion-Picture-Into-Wild/dp/B000ULQV0W]Music&lt;/a> for the Motion Picture Into the Wild: Eddie Vedder<a href="or%20a%20hike,%20or%20cooking%20dinner...">/url</a></p>

<p>Foo Fighters!</p>

<p>DS loaded up his iPod with about 6 U2 albums that took us from NorCal all the way to LA, pretty much nonstop. It was epic ;)</p>

<p>add Sara Barellis....my first thought was Maroon 5 (as others have mentioned)....also, Cee Lo</p>

<p>Matthew Morrison's solo album is fantastic.</p>

<p>My dad likes pretty much everything I like...Mumford & Sons, Vampire Weekend and Local Natives are the big ones right now.</p>

<p>Mom likes Katie Costello and Glee.</p>

<p>My mom and I only agree on Johnny Cash.</p>

<p>Music my kids like that I also like:
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Arcade Fire
Owen Pallet
Snoop Dogg</p>

<p>Music I like that my musical kid likes:
Beatles
Grateful Dead<br>
David Wax Museum (these folks are REALLY GOOD)</p>

<p>Dave Matthews- not rough like punk rockers, but a rough, rumbly voice with lots of bass sounds.</p>

<p>Both daughters really like The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, and Paul Simon. They envy that I got to see S&G in concert many years ago during their Bridge Over Troubled Water tour.</p>