'My Future, My Choice' $1,000 Scholarship: If You Could Pick Any College, Which Would You Pick and Why?

Dallas Baptist University would be my college of choice if I had the opportunity to attend. Dallas Baptist University is a Christian based college that helps students religious or non religious get closer to Christ while obtaining a liberal arts education. It has many resources for students regardless of the field of study that are easily accessible and made to ensure the university values all who attends. Strengthening my faith has always been a goal of mines and to attend a university who sole purpose is to connect those lost souls back to Christ is a wish come true. I also love how I can study my field of interest while getting closer to God in the same atmosphere surrounded by like minded peers. If having any doubts or feel lost in life, I highly recommend applying to Dallas Baptist University where you’ll definitely find your purpose.

I am a college freshman starting my second semester and while University of Connecticut wasn’t initially my first choice, I am very happy I went. It’s a big school and you definitely get all your steps in but besides that they make the large population into a community. through clubs and activity’s, it really feels like I belong.

If I could choose any college, I would pick Indiana University in Bloomington. I plan to study sports management and Indiana has one of the top countries in the country. Going to a university with such a well-respected program will help me in my future career get a good job. There are also lots of oppportunites for internships and experience to help prepare me for future in sports management. The campus is also really beautiful and in the middle of Bloomington which gives me a hometown feel. Visiting the Indiana University gave me a sense of belonging and made me feel very excited for college, making it my dream college to attend.

If I could attend any college, I would attend Georgetown University through the Joint Program in Public Policy. I want to enter the field of education policy and the JPPP would allow me to spend my college years in D.C., at the heart of American policy work, and then I would even be able to spend two years living on the Capitol Hill Campus close by to the Department of Education and Congress. I would be able to take advantage of these opportunities during the school year, a unique prospect that other universities don’t offer, and I would be guaranteed either a congressional intership or a policy lab internship through the program. All of these options make Georgetown a top choice for me to take advantage of the resources of being in a city, and better yet, Washington D.C. itself. Moreover, the emphasis on Jesuit values would compel me to always continue my policy work while grounding myself in service within D.C. communities.

If I had the opportunity to attend any university in the world, I would choose Columbia University without hesitation. Growing up in a developing country, I learned early that financial instability, limited access, and global inequality are not abstract concepts, they shape real lives, including my own. From a young age, Columbia became my dream because it represents global leadership, opportunity, and the power of education to change trajectories. I aspire to study Economics with a strong international and business focus, so I can understand how global markets, policies, and decisions impact countries like mine, where talent exists but opportunity is often scarce. My international background taught me resilience, adaptability, and responsibility far beyond my years, but financial barriers remain my greatest obstacle. This scholarship would not simply support my education but it would make possible a future I have been working toward my entire life, proving that someone from a second-world country, with determination and vision, deserves a seat at the global table Columbia prepares its students for.

If I had the opportunity to attend any university in the world, I would choose Columbia University without hesitation. Growing up in a developing country, I learned early that financial instability, limited access, and global inequality are not abstract concepts, they shape real lives, including my own. From a young age, Columbia became my dream because it represents global leadership, opportunity, and the power of education to change trajectories. I aspire to study Economics with a strong international and business focus, so I can understand how global markets, policies, and decisions impact countries like mine, where talent exists but opportunity is often scarce. My international background taught me resilience, adaptability, and responsibility far beyond my years, but financial barriers remain my greatest obstacle. This scholarship would not simply support my education,it would make possible a future I have been working toward my entire life proving that someone from a second-world country, with determination and vision, deserves a seat at the global table Columbia prepares its students for.

If I could pick any college to go to it would definitely be Ferrum College in Virginia. The reason why I would like to attend Ferrum in the fall is because I fell in love with their campus and atmosphere the very first time I went to tour it, even the small stuff like the school colors. I am hoping to be in their volleyball program one day because I can’t imagine playing anywhere else. It’s close enough to home for me not to get homesick, but far enough away for me to have to move out. This distance is perfect for me because I’m ready to move out, but I still want to be close enough to come home on the weekends if I wanted to.

The University of Chicago is my first choice of school. I fell in love with the campus and the city my first time visiting the Midwest, and I was really captivated by the student culture and mindset there. As my tour guide showed my group each building/area, she had a unique story to tell about experiences from all sorts of academic backgrounds. For example, despite being a humanities major, she was able to talk plenty about her time spent with friends at Searle (the chemistry building). Additionally, I’m extremely interested in the school’s dedication towards research, especially since its connection with Argonne Lab would be extremely beneficial towards building a career in STEM. Overall, it’s the holistic approach to development that drives me towards UChicago, and I can’t wait to attend this fall.

If I will get the opportunity, I would pick Georgia Tech because I want to continue on with the career I want in Cybersecurity and Software Engineering (major in cyber and minor in Software, or the other way around) and this school is perfect for these fields. I have already started online training for Cybersecurity. I most likely would get a bachelors degree or maybe even a masters if I get a chance.

If I could choose any college, I would attend the University of Georgia because it has a strong academic environment and is ranked among the top 50 universities in the United States. It is also located in the state where I currently live. As someone who recently moved here, I prefer attending an in-state university so I can stay close to my family. Studying in-state would also help reduce the financial burden of tuition and allow me to adjust more easily to my new surroundings.

If there were any college in the world that I could pick, it would be Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona, not just because of the wonderful aviation and aerospace programs they have, but because of the new up-and-coming cybersecurity major. It’s a major I’ve studied in high school, and I am so excited to hopefully study more of it at Embry-Riddle! After driving 13 hours to visit the school, I had always known that ERAU was going to be my new home, and being able to grow and learn there would become my most exciting dream come true.

If I could choose any college, it would be the University of Cincinnati. Ever since I moved to Ohio in 2014, UC has been my dream school because of its strong sense of community and the opportunities it offers, especially through its co-op program. Now that I am in my second term here, I can honestly say that UC feels like the right place for me.

As someone who is multiracial—African American, Caucasian, and Puerto Rican—it is important to me to be in an environment where different cultures are valued. At UC, I have met people from many different backgrounds, and that has helped me grow both personally and socially. Being able to connect with others through campus life and student organizations has made me feel like I truly belong here.

I come from a low-income family, and my parents had children at a very young age. Growing up this way taught me responsibility and perseverance early on. One of the most important people in my life is my brother, who has autism. He has had a huge impact on who I am today and has helped shape my goals. Because of him, I want to become a psychiatrist so I can help people who may struggle to be understood or supported. I plan to continue my education at UC by earning my bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences and eventually pursuing a doctorate.

Going to college means more than just earning a degree for me. In many ways, I am doing this for both my brother and myself. I want to create a better future for my family and work toward building generational stability so that no one in my family is left behind. Since UC is only about fifteen minutes from my home, I am able to stay close to my family while still being fully involved on campus.

The University of Cincinnati has already given me so much through its professors, students, and campus experiences. I am excited to continue my education here and work toward a future where I can improve my own life, support the people I love, and give back to others.

I always thought that I knew what University I wanted to go to. I was so sure, I paid the enrollment deposit practically the second I got admitted. I knew I could get into so many good Universities, I have a 4.0, good ACT score, extracurriculars, yet I never applied myself to apply to any Universities other than my hometown one, University of Lincoln, Nebraska. I am grateful to be going there. It’s a good school, close to my family and all my friends. My whole life is here. But my best friend got accepted into Pepperdine in California. I started researching the school and realized, that’s my dream school. I cannot afford to move to California, so I’m hesitant to even apply, I’m lucky enough to be going to UNL and hope to get scholarships to afford that alone. But truthfully, my dream school will always be Pepperdine, with my best friend.

Community. I love the community that Washington State University has, it’s infectious. The school follows you wherever you are because their school pride is so unique. Pullman isn’t a big city with lots to do, it’s a quaint college town built on the people in it. That is why WSU, is my dream school.

For me I am planning to attend the UMN program as a PharmD student, which is actually my dream school. They now have a combined curriculum called MNspire which is focused on integrated learning rather than the traditional method of having multiple different classes. As a result, you don’t have multiple exams each week because the curriculum is integrated so the tests are larger and mimic the NAPLEX exam which you are required to pass in order to become a practicing pharmacist. I really like the idea of this integrated curriculum and think I will learn better and perform better due to the integrated nature of it. Thus meaning it is easier to focus on studying and spend longer studying for a larger exam rather than trying to cram for a bunch of smaller exams. The community is also strong and seems tight knit which I am excited to be a part of! I am definitely confused though on taking out loans and how to afford grad school because although my mom has her bachelor’s degree, she didn’t take out any loans and I am on my own financially for school. Regardless, I am excited to become a pharmacist as it’s my dream job and the UMN is my path there! :slight_smile:

if i could go to any college, id say ferrum college. i go there right now but i really like it, environment wise, people wise, and conveniency.

If I could choose any college to attend, it would be the University of Alabama. Not only is that where I’m intending to pursue my education, but it’s been a second home to me before I could even walk around my first one. There’s nothing like walking the campus with my dad, savoring every moment and breath because we know at the end of the day we both have to leave at some point. But, with the opportunities I’ve been given, I don’t have to. I never envisioned myself anywhere else, and when I opened my acceptance email sitting in the 7brew drive-thru, I almost spilled my drink all over my lap. I had it all. Then, the financial reality hit. Without scholarships, I would never be able to give Tuscaloosa the title of my first home. That’s when I received a letter in the mail, from Troy University. They offered tuition, books, stipend, room and board, you name it. One problem: I wasn’t very fond of Troy. They could not draw me away from Alabama. If anything, it did the opposite. I was determined then and now more than ever. I signed up for my sixth ACT and waited for test day. There was no other place I’d rather call home, but my parents had other thoughts. They wanted nothing more for me than to obtain my goal score, attend my dream school, and start my life. However, they also had to get me to face reality in the worst-case scenario. They knew the weight of student loans, debt that followed you for life and they would not wish that on my future. My dad looked me in the face, put his hand on my shoulder, and said “I know you don’t like Troy, but we can’t send you to Alabama right now.” I was faced with the hardest decision of my life, but it all became clear a couple days later. My dad sent me a picture of a screen with my score, a 32 staring me in the face. Everything I had planned, studied, read and wrote down was for this moment, I had overcome my wall. Now, as I stand on the other side, I can say my journey is far from over. It’s with scholarships like these that I can cover everything else that a score cant, and replace my second home as my first.

If I could pick any college I would attend Rhodes College, because Rhodes College is located in one of the best parts of town, the college is full of activities for the students, and there are study abroad programs. This college not only would be an amazing school to attend, but it would also help my future by teaching me how to be strong and dependable in the work field. This school encourages me to excell at whatever I may find challenging. For me, Rhodes College’s pillars align with my pillars for an exceptional education alongside fun and creativity.

If I could pick any college, I would pick Florida International University in Miami, FL. I would pick FIU because it has a excellent psychology program, is local, and is has a very good reputation.

If I could pick any college, I would attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am interested in studying economics and the opportunities provided by UW are incomparable in that field. Although Madison is far from my current home, when I visited campus in November I felt a strong sense of belonging. I hope to be attending starting fall 2026.