<p>heres one of my brothers friends</p>
<p>aca deca stays till 2:00-(8:00-12:00) daily it gets later as it gets closer to championships (we are the national aca deca champs 2009)</p>
<p>shes taking 5 tough ap’s</p>
<p>heres one of my brothers friends</p>
<p>aca deca stays till 2:00-(8:00-12:00) daily it gets later as it gets closer to championships (we are the national aca deca champs 2009)</p>
<p>shes taking 5 tough ap’s</p>
<p>BC Calc
AP Econ
AP Psych
AP Physics C
AP English
Art painting</p>
<p>She only got into Pomona</p>
<p>this guy has been taking >6 AP’s since freshman year… absolutely obsessed. and is on the youth orchestra in cello and varsity tennis among other things. but he has a very poor personality…</p>
<p>Wow, that’s tough. Of the people I know, I have the hardest schedule. I take 5 Honors/ AP classes, only two regular classes ( choir and P.E). I have cross country (or track depending on the season), Mock Trial, Sierra Club, Interact Club, CSF, singing lessons, and tons of homework. I don’t get home till late, so I don’t have a lot of time to sleep before getting up for my early flight class.</p>
<p>AP Chem (7 AM start!)
AP English language
Spanish III honors
AP US History
gym and lunch (included to show lack of study periods during schoolday)
Math tutoring (4 days a week, full period)
AP Calc BC
AP Biology</p>
<p>that was a fun year haha. Not to mention my mom wouldn’t get up to drive me or let me drive myself, so I had to ride my bike 2 miles to and from school (I’m from the Midwest, btw).</p>
<p>ahaha i know personally people like him who got rejected from all ivy’s because he had no personality or emotions for that matter ._. but took like 20 ap classes and was captain of like 4 teams</p>
<p>while someone else i know captain of like 2 teamsand 12 ap’s got into yale and hopkins, but he was really funny and chill</p>
<p>danny, that’s exactly the person i’m describing, he’s almost run out of ap’s to take.</p>
<p>5 IB HLs, I would be taking 6, but they stopped me.</p>
<p>Put that in with 10 APs Jr year. And then more Sr year.</p>
<p>i was too naive believing that i can get 7 hours of sleep throughout highschool…</p>
<p>i havent gotten more than 7 on a school night for a while</p>
<p>^
Lucky. I get nowhere near 7 hours of sleep.</p>
<p>^what? i average 5-6 per night haha. unless you get less than that.</p>
<p>I thought you said that you get more than 7 hours per night. Anyway, I only get 4 hours or less.</p>
<p>^ lol I tried sleeping early at ten thirty to wake up for band camp and I couldn’t do it because I haven’t been to bed before twelve in so long. I don’t know many people’s schedules, but we have a seven periods max(including zero) so I don’t think anyone in my school could possible take 10 APs junior year, not even in summer school because there are no AP courses offered in the summer here. I guess the hardest schedule I’ve heard of at my school was someone planning to finish at least eleven AP classes by graduation(which I think is child’s play for people on CC LOL). By the end of this school year I’ll have…one AP lol.</p>
<p>the average only really went up because i crashed in march last year. found myself falling asleep by 1, leaving lots of hw unfinished come morning… energy drinks don’t work on me either, but i managed straight A’s.</p>
<p>I’m taking all APs this year (5) for a total of 9 AP classes in high school. I am president of my dance team
(practices at 6:45 am) and involved in at least 5 other clubs/leadership positions. I get maybe 4 hours of sleep per night.
And the crazy thing is, my schedule is relatively easy compared to some of my classmates. The pressure and torture we put ourselves through… It’s crazy!</p>
<p>^^
I think I will try to go to sleep by 1 or 2. Maybe if I do that I will be able to focus better. I seriously hate that I will have yet another early flight class to force myself to stay awake in. Especially because it is honors english and the teacher will expect us to work at the “Honors” level at 6 in the morning.</p>
<p>^
I totally agree. We put ourselves through a lot of pressure, endless hours of studying, and whatever else comes with working at such a high level.</p>
<p>and compared to your parents and more recent, man it seems like you used to just be able to maintain a decent grade point and stay out of trouble. times have changed… :(</p>
<p>I know! Times have definitely changed. I used to be able to hang out with friends, read books for fun, and actually enjoy summer vacation. That seems a million years away now. This year I took a college math class over the summer and came home only to study and do AP homework.</p>
<p>When does it end for you guys? When will you stop trying so hard to succeed?</p>