need one complete reach school...is UVA the one?

<p>ok guys so the colleges I am applying to are: George Mason, Virginia Tech, VCU, U Pitt, and I want to apply to one school where its a complete reach for me. soo is UVA the one? </p>

<p>Instate, NOVA
UW: 3.6
W: 4.0
* note about GPA: my grades have had a significant upward trend:
W GPA's- 9th: 3.6 10th: 4.2 (w/ 2 ap's) 11th: 4.3 (with 4 ap's)</p>

<h1>of Ap's: 6 (signed up for 5 more senior year), this is one of the more challenging courses</h1>

<p>ACT: 33
SAT US History: 780
SAT Math Level 2: 770
SAT Biology: 780
Significant EC's + Awards:
Founder and President of the History Honor Society
Founder of an organization in India that allows underprivalged kids to play sports and video games and to read for free.
Member of NHS, Math Honor Society, and Science Honor Society
3rd Place Regional Science Fair
Internship with NASA (VASTS program)
2 month research in India in microbiology
Lots of hours community service</p>

<p>also senior year schedule: ap lit, ap comparative, ap bio, ap physics, human anatomy, ap calc ab, engineering physics 2 </p>

<p>btw will be applying to college of arts and sciences</p>

<p>The GPA is a bit low but with an upward trend, your standardized test scores, and being in state, I think you have a great shot at UVa.</p>

<p>not a complete reach atall I would say youve got a 75% chance or higher to get in... Are you just posting to make us feel bad?</p>

<p>not at all..its just that w/ that GPA i feel i have 0 chance. and added to that the NOVA area is very competitive and im pretty sure my GPA is gonna rape me in college admissions. </p>

<p>im sorry if i came off as a total jackass..didnt mean that lol</p>

<p>its just that w/ that GPA i feel i have 0 chance. </p>

<p>You have more than a zero chance. UVA would be a "low" reach school that you have a good chance getting accepted to! Good luck!</p>

<p>Speaking as someone who does a lot of first-year advising, I can say that many NOVA students are admitted with similar stats. That doesn't make admission a sure thing, of course.</p>

<p>A critical piece of information here is where you stand within your class. As I recall, some NOVA school districts do not give "class ranks" to it's students or colleges (Fairfax??), but they often tell colleges the percentage of students within certain GPA ranges (usually weighted GPA). If you are in the top 5 or so percent of your class, unless you go to TJ where it is more like top 50 to 60 percent, you probably have a very good chance of admission if everything else in your application is solid. Up to 10 percent, some chance. Below 10 percent, small chance absent some impressive plus factor not noted in your original post.</p>