NEW Vice P. revokes Junior Parking... I kind of want to do something abuot it...

<p>Background information. This is the schools… 3rd graduating class. I’m not sure how many years? anyways… The Senior class consists of, I think, 750 students. Junior class is about 800. Now, Last year, Seniors got priority and about 80 Juniors were given Parking. This is fair because NOT very many juniors have their licenses at the beginning of the school year. This includes “honors parking” for the top 10 students of both classes. Last year I got my license, as a sophomore, the first month of school. The parking for Non Permited studnets is about a half a mile away… THe walk got old, but I dealt with it because I was a Sophomore and it was fair.</p>

<p>THIS YEAR
New Vice Principal comes in. Decides, WE don’t have enough Visitor Parking. Now, there is NO WAY he can justify losing 80 student spots for Visitor Parking.
Now, What REALLY gets to me, is there is a Staff Lot in the back that is VERY EMPTY. 40 spots are easily left available, but nooo about 20 or so staff members park in the front lots because it may be a little closer for their class… ok that might be understandable.
And… the Elimination of All Forms of honors parking.
I’m not going to lie, the top ten students (of 800 per class) deserve to have decent parking (hell it doesnt even have to be set aside, it just should be gauranteed permits)… and I KNOW that allll this visitor parking is NOT going to be used, and the staff lot will be EMPTY as usual. There WILL be a LOT of extra spots. </p>

<p>Which is why I feel I should do something.</p>

<p>I don’t think it is right. If there weren’t the spots, then sure, let it be Senior Only…</p>

<p>BUt there ARE spots.</p>

<p>It’s funny, I am one of 80 “upperclassmen” who run freshmen orientation. The new VP was talking about how if anyone needs anything or wants to talk to him, he is open for suggestion (this was to the freshmen)… And the Principal is a very nice, young, understanding guy who has dealt with similar problems (teachers who… don’t deserve to teach and whatnot)
I think I might be heard…</p>

<p>But, in what fashion should I do it. I’m not shy, I don’t mind confronting him or anything…</p>

<p>Alone or in a Group?
any suggestions</p>

<p>interesting. i couldn’t drive as a junior bc i wasn’t old enough but that sucks. i can sympathize about the 1/2 mile walk though bc our parking spots are all the way down past the gym and it’s like 10 flights of stairs AT LEAST to get to homeroom from there. not even counting the walk from the parking lot to the gym which is at least 1/4 mile from the junior parking lot and 1/5 mile or so depending on where your spot is in the sr parking lot</p>

<p>at first at least, i would approach him alone so you can just ask him what his rationale is for this change and just have a normal conversation so it won’t seem like you’re ganging up on him or something.</p>

<p>Um, not sure if I can be helpful, but if you state that some teacher like to park in the front of the school for convenience, it might be a good idea to fence some space (or mark it as “staff only”) and maybe do the same in the staff parking lot, when violators will be towed away, for example.</p>

<p>As for visitor parking…I don’t understand why you would possibly need 80 spots for visitors. Say it was possible you would have 80 visitors on a regular school day; then how will the security monitor that many people? It’s difficult enough to monitor students as it is; having that many strangers on campus might not be a good idea. I would say 10-20 spots would be decent for visitor parking.</p>

<p>I would probably do it as a group as I think that the school can’t possibly run without students (as the school would lose government and other funding) if you choose to skip class and such.</p>

<p>Honors parking, however, is a good idea as it helps reinforce the idea that successful and hardworking students deserve priviledges (a closer walk to school seems fair) and it would be nice to continue that philosophy.</p>

<p>Anyways, hope my suggestions were helpful.</p>

<p>its not 80 visitor spots… Its 80 spots taken away from Juniors Allocated to… Staff Parking, Seniors jUst In Case, and Visitor</p>

<p>And I don’t want to bring a mob on this guy, He seems nice
I just want to sit down and talk to him about his rationales (as I have only heard this from numerous teachers, counselors and secretaries).</p>

<p>then I’ll go from there</p>

<p>How can I present the Idea of honors parking again? I don’t want to sound a little… pretentious or anything</p>

<p>And another thing… We scored pretty well on our State tests. In CA there is something called an API, and apparantly an 800 is pretty good. And supposedly we were number one in San Bernardino County… I know that by having 20 kids willing to only do average even… would drop us that extra 5 points (we were at 805)… but thats kinda blackmailing. ;)</p>

<p>Well I’m not sure I really agree with the idea of honors parking but if I were to bring that up I would probably say that it’s a good motivator for students to get good grades and hard working students deserve to be rewarded so it’d be a good thing for him to consider reinstating</p>

<p>Exactly. At this point, its everyone for themselves. There are 800 juniors, probably 300 of which Eager toget 50 permits. I need an edge… My edge is Honors Parking. That needs to Work</p>

<p>I COULD try to get him to do a raffle if we find multiple unused spaces. (2 of my best friends mom are in the office as Counselor and Principals Secretary… I have connections)</p>

<p>Hell I would be GREAT in the Teacher lot. Some kids in the past have gotten special permits for that, but I hear that has stopped… Please, noone even parks back there. I understand a teacher not wanting just anyone back in the teacher lot;… but I mean… I’m not about to key one of their cars or anything… </p>

<p>Its sad how much I’m willing to do for this permit.</p>

<p>Make a fake senior permit in photoshop.
:)</p>

<p>What if… I got a Parking Ticket last year because I didn’t have enoguh time to make it to my first period where (PE) I would have dropped a letter grade for being tardy…</p>