NYUAD appeals to me because of its study-away opportunities and the possibility of returning home to Nigeria during breaks. Feeling safe is also important to me, and I’m drawn to its international community, including the opportunity to connect with fellow African students. Alongside my academic interests, these are some of the reasons NYUAD is my first choice. And because I don’t know which other university has this benefit
These are all valid. I don’t know what part of Nigeria you are from so not sure what your local customs/norms are, but if you get in, do familiarize yourself with the customs for women in public life there before you go - they may or may not be similar to what you are used to.
Am okay with it, as long as it is beneficial to myself and my career, I will do my best to adapt
An am also a muslim
Here are a couple of websites of interest:
NYU Islamic Center (New York City)
Islamic Studies Requirement (Abu Dhabi)
Here are also links about two example of past Nigerian students, both male, that were admitted:
I suspected from your name but did not want to assume, but I also would not know how secular or observant you /your immediate community are; just wanted to ensure it’s an eyes-open thing (having known some people who worked as expats in the UAE).