Official McGill Acceptances '14

<p>Sign here if you were accepted!</p>

<ol>
<li>darkblademaster</li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li>jng9221 :)</li>
</ol>

<p>Congratulations, acceptees! Would some of you mind posting your stats, as well, so that future McGill applicants have an idea of what to expect? Thanks!</p>

<p>Faculty of Agriculture:</p>

<p>SAT: 670 CR 660 M 610 W
GPA: 4.18 weighted, 3.9 UW
EC: Lots of them (not that that it mattered)
Percentile Rank: 99%</p>

<p>So! Two of us so far!</p>

<p>Faculty of Arts (intended major: economics)
SAT: 1600/2350
GPA: 4.0 UW

<ol>
<li>darkblademaster</li>
<li>jng9221</li>
</ol>

<p>puryearn (Materials Engineering)</p>

<p>wellyouneverknow
faculty of arts & desautels
act 31
GPA: 3.88 weighted (3.76 unweighted)
5 on 3 aps
+700 3 SAT IIs
like 4.0 + average weighted for senior & junior year THANK GOD mcgill doesnt look at grade 9.</p>

<p>I've got to say, darkblademaster, I think it would have been impossible for McGill to reject you with those stats...</p>

<p>darkblademaster, what other schools are you applying to?</p>

<p>I'm applying to the University of Toronto, most of the Ivies, Stanford, and MIT. MIT is my top choice.</p>

<p>What about you guys?</p>

<p>Arts & Desautels
Gonna be doin Poli Sci/Econ Double Major</p>

<p>SAT: 2270
GPA: 3.87 unweighted (took 3 ibs & an ap)</p>

<p>got into gtown for intl. relations and umich honors program for government but LOVE MCGILL so thats where ill be goin</p>

<p>hope to see u guys in the fall!</p>

<p>Management</p>

<p>SAT: 2070
IB: 39/42</p>

<p>Deferred from Duke (early) and accepted to Western Ontario :P</p>

<p>got in yesterday to arts</p>

<p>SAT: 2360
GPA: 4.2</p>

<p>Still "reviewed, decision pending" for sciences and arts +scs, which would be my first choices</p>

<p>but still psyched to be going to Mcgill!</p>

<p>Faculty of Arts (prob Political Science)</p>

<p>SAT: 2280
top 15 %</p>

<p>u guys in the facebook group for class of 2014?</p>

<p>Well... I think I'd probably be in the class of 2015 since American students normally go for five years (so I've heard).</p>

<p>???? You may have heard the American students spend an extra year at McGill compared to Quebec students. That is because Quebec students out of CEGEP have a three year program. Virtually all programs are 4 years for Americans and out of province Canadian.</p>

<p>yeah to reiterate what tomofboston means.
quebec students have to go to CEGEP after high school, which is essentially two years at a junior college. and once accepted to university they skip a year and are able to finish in 3 (despite being older). for americans and international students, the normal program length and design is identical to US institutions, 4 years = bachelors</p>

<p>congrats to all of you! just wondering, did you receive your decision after you sent in your mid-years? because my school is still sending them since the grades just became official last week.</p>

<p>Well... I was reading somewhere on McGill's site that I would be entering U0 (terminology is different from American terminology, and is a bit confusing sometimes), and going to McGill until U4 (I believe). Also, this was for Materials Engineering which is a CO-OP program, and could take longer because of that. Maybe. I have no idea how long I will be at McGill, lol. But I do remember looking at the courseload which was for a 5 year program.</p>