<p>TheAnalyst: Great news!! Fingers crossed you will have some even better news to share on Monday or Tuesday. You are very fortunate to have options to fill the pay gap.</p>
<p>Good luck to all of you in your weigh loss endeavors as you approach these exciting life events!</p>
<p>TheAnalyst–good luck to your husband as he pursues this lead! That would be great, esp w/the opportunity for advancement. And good luck to you, also, as you look for the additional client. I’m sure w/your experience you will find someone soon!</p>
<p>I finished interview w/nice firm this a.m. for long-term per diem assign. Since son took ‘near full scholarship’ I’ve been less inclined to jump frantically at the first full-time job that opens up (w/all the attendant responsibilities, long hours, commitments, etc.). Would be nice to have at least some leeway in these last few months w/son to not be completely stressed and working 10+ hr days to get up to speed.</p>
<p>Re: t-shirts–son has several from his favorite schools we visited. Have to say the color of the school he picked (crimson-AL) looks best! lol. :-)</p>
<p>Analyst - keeping my fingers crossed for your H, mine had to do the same a year ago, so we have been there!</p>
<p>I have to do some sort of “cleanse” as well as far as weight loss. Probably won’t get very far by graduation, but the families are having a big grad celebration for my D in mid-July at the amusement park/campground we always go to. Whatever I lose I will gain back there for sure!</p>
<p>Dizzimom - we have to have that “half-century” party for you next week!!! No-carb treats though!!</p>
<p>Like the Cinco de Mayo party idea! I think all the moms (& dads) here should dance on the virtual tables then! May 1st has come (and will soon be gone) – we survived; our kids will do wonderfully and we can celebrate!</p>
<p>Son is very proudly wearing a WPI shirt that doesn’t say WPI. Instead, it has the formula for Work (W), Pressure (P), and Imaginary Number (I). Yep, he’s a nerd.</p>
<p>TheAnalyst: All the best with the job issues. I agree that a 25% pay cut is certainly better than a 100% pay cut. Even if you have to really tighten the budget, you can make up part of that 25% difference right there. </p>
<p>I went through all of our expenses and we managed to cut nearly $1.5k out of our monthly expenditures. Refinanced the house, cut house phone service (we all have cell phones anyway), reduced trash pick up from 2x to 1x/per week, stick to a grocery list…instead of my whatever, winging it shopping habits, lots of other little things too. </p>
<p>Also, thank you to everybody for the lovely comments of support. Very heartwarming and helpful.</p>
<p>hobie1/je<em>ne</em>sais_quoi : I believe you may be right with the “grow to love” vs. “fall in love” with the school thing. </p>
<p>As well as I think I know my daughter, she continues to surprise and impress me. She is NOT one to jump into a situation and let the chips fall where they may. That is more my style. I have to stop and realize how my D processes things…much more of a thorough process than I expect. I’ll put money on it that she has less problems in life with her approach, as opposed to mine !</p>
<p>Okay, y’all made me feel so guilty that Son owns no attire from his school that I just went on line and ordered a t-shirt and a hoodie from the bookstore. Go Pirates! (We still have two Baylor t-shirts still in the wrapper if anyone is interested…)</p>
<p>D refuses to buy the shirt for SMC or Scripps until she hears from Scripps. The Sr Pic w/ shirts is scheduled for 5/6 but don’t think she will know by then. So…Don’t know what’s to be done…</p>
<p>LIMom Glad you can make it and of course you can bring your magical Sangria pitcher. Sounds like something Mrs. Weasley would supply doesn’t it? doesn’t she have an 09er too??</p>
<p>Hi all- I must have fallen off the face of the Earth for a week.
S had prom last weekend - wore the **Yellow Jackets **bow tie & cummerbund! (that’s GaTech for those who are West & North).<br>
Also I am joining Missypies weight loss group. Seems we all are so worried/busy we have put ourselves last over the past months of this college search process. Time for a change.</p>
<p>NMinn. did you hear anything on SAMMY? we have not.</p>
<p>Fireflyscout said"Work (W), Pressure (P), and Imaginary Number (I). Yep, he’s a nerd. "
I read this great article from Pratt at Duke (yes they hate us now), it admitted nerds are lacking in social skills, however thank God social skills are not necessary to hold up buildings! :)</p>
<p>ksabbo–that is really impressive (cutting $1.5 k from budget!). It’s definitely all about sticking to a plan of spending…we used to be great at that, need to get back to it.</p>
<p>Oh boy would my son like that shirt. Where did you get it?
He got a T-shirt for visiting (too small unfortunately - but I can wear it) and a great hoodie for being from the farthest away during the visit day. But both just say WPI. Maybe I can find a shirt like your S’s for him and give it as a graduation present - that would be cool</p>
<p>prom update here
S asked for money to buy a prom ticket, (the prom is tomorrow!)I with raised eyebrow said, just one? and he mumbled something about maybe going with a girl who was already going (not sure if this was soemone whose date backed out or just wanted to go to her prom and did not have a date) So we are still in limbo but this could be a good tactic for a boy on the cheap</p>
<p>According to my D she is a nerd not a geek She has friends! Got yelled at by my doctor for not taking care of myself. He should remember what this was like! I tried to relax on vacation in March in Fla-D2 ended up with an emergency appendectomy! My H says he wishes I enjoyed this more, I am getting there, definately going to take myself OFF the back burner though. Aren’t having tee shirt day at HS yet, too many undecided, or not happy. One kid all waitlists! I feel bad. Congrats to all and To
Analysts’ good news.</p>