<p>Yay 2ed! Happy Homecoming with S1!</p>
<p>Yum to croissants & coffee.</p>
<p>Waving to All. Stay </p>
everyone!
<p>Yay 2ed! Happy Homecoming with S1!</p>
<p>Yum to croissants & coffee.</p>
<p>Waving to All. Stay </p>
everyone!
<p>Many thanks for coffee and croissants. I’m sitting in a waiting room about to have a bone density scan.</p>
<p>Good day all.</p>
<p>Good Morning!</p>
<p>DB - Sorry to hear about your friend.</p>
<p>Good luck and good healing to all the kids getting their wisdom teeth out. S1 had oral surgery last week for an implant. He had a baby tooth that never came out and there wasn’t a permanent tooth at all. He’s doing fine, but it’s a long process. The first part was removing the baby tooth and putting a screw into the bone where the tooth will eventually be attached. It’s 3-6 months before they can attach the tooth. Luckily the tooth is in the back and not easy to see.</p>
<p>2ed - Welcome home to your S!</p>
<p>mathmom - Is your S home yet? Did I miss the homecoming?</p>
<p>I’ve been reading the SAHM thread in the Cafe…now I’m sitting on my hands saying - “I will not post, I will not post…” There’s one poster that…needs to stop. </p>
<p>I went into my classroom yesterday and now I am feeling overwhelmed…another school year begins…</p>
<p>Have a good day everyone!</p>
<p>ETA: Hi alice, I hope you have good results from your scan!</p>
<p>good morning all!!! thanks for the coffee…yay for son coming home 2ed!!!..mine comes home tomorrow so know how excited you are</p>
<p>Morning, everyone!</p>
<p>alice, good luck on the scan.</p>
<p>2ed, sooo excited that your ds will be home soon.</p>
<p>BU, dh went to his classroom yesterday and has a leadership team mtg Friday. We are officially in BTS mode. Oh, and I read that thread when there were just 7 responses. Now I see there are hundreds. I think I better avoid it. :)</p>
<p>Best wishes to all those looking at oral surgery. Took ds1 to the ortho yesterday, and they are willing to see him one more time before he leaves, otherwise it would be almost four months between visits. We’re still on track for his big surgeries next summer – jaw surgery, deviated septum AND potentially wisdom tooth removal.</p>
<p>Speaking of ds1, I don’t think I’ve posted since he’s been back from his camp job. He LOVED it and wants to do it again next year. He went on and on about the kids, including a couple of bad apples. He’s going to be such a great dad. Now, he’s back at work at his bank job, and he said his boss actually had a lot of work for him yesterday, which is great as the job isn’t particularly stimulating.</p>
<p>acm, glad to see you.</p>
<p>Have a great day, all!</p>
<p>Good morning all…and thanks for the coffee and croissants! :)</p>
<p>Arrived home from work yesterday to DH saying “we have a problem…”. Washing machine (which is on our second floor) had leaked and water stains have shown up on the kitchen ceiling- arghhhhh!! We’ll be making lots of calls today. This on the heels of sending off fall tuition payments for both Ds- it never rains but what it pours :(.</p>
<p>Good morning.
Welcome back to everyone who was on vacation or otherwise off-thread. Glad to see you. Thanks for the sympathy for my coworker.</p>
<p>Is there such a thing as Wisdom Teeth Season? If so, I think we’re in it. ;)</p>
<p>
Me too. I’ve been lurking there since it started. For reasons too numerous, complicated, irrational, emotional and sensitive, I never participate in SAHM/WOHM discussions. But this one is testing my willpower. I think I need to step away. </p>
<p>D’s COLLEGE list is down to 11 schools. I was hoping for fewer. But, in the hunt for merit aid, this will be doable. 10 are common app (Elon the exception), so that helps.</p>
<p>4 days before we start launching!!! yikes!</p>
<p>)xoxoxxoxox></p>
<p>JC40’s D; prayinglady’s D – 8/6
Parent56’s S; SWTCAT’s D – 8/10
CheckersMidwest’ S – 8/14
Tx5’s D—8/15
Lafalum84’s D – 8/18
BUandBC82’s S; 2education’s S1 --8/19
MaineLonghorn’s S, Twinmama D2, Shillyshally’s D – 8/20
RobD’s D; AL34’s S – 8/21
Twinmama D1-- 8/23
CaliforniaDancer – 8/26
Coskat’s D-- 8/27
mdemvizi, PinotNoir’s S – 8/27
DougBetsy’s S – 8/28
limabeans’s BB3, SLUMOM’s S – 8/28
zoosermom’s D2 – 8/28
jbehlend’s S – 8/29
psychmom’s D – 8/30
Yds’ ds – 9/4 (we leave the day before)
CountingDown’s S2, Mathmom’s S2 – 9/4
jackief’s D – 9/6
pugmadkate’s S – 9/7
aliceinw’s S – 9/9
ProudNJMoms S; G#s D2 – 9/10
Tx5’s S – 9/14
FindAPlace’s S – 9/18
2leashes’ D --9/19
psychmomma’s S – 9/20
mommusic’s S – 9/21
esobay’s S – 9/22</p>
<p>S2 arrived home last night. His suitcase is somewhere in Heathrow. We saw him for the drive back from the airport. </p>
<p>He’s glad to be home. While I think his goal of getting ahead in Arabic so that next semester isn’t so tough was met, on the whole the program got negative reviews from him. His family situations were sufficiently not what was advertised that I will be asking for my money back on that score. Sad, because the school year (vs the summer program) had gotten good reviews from Tufts students.</p>
<p>^ sorry to hear that mathmom! Did he stay in individual homes? I’ve often wondered how that goes for the kid that’s not terribly outgoing. DS2 was selected for an international music tour (not the one we’re doing with our school next Spring), and, besides the cost being out of line, the students stay with different families for 2-3 days each. Can’t see it at DS2’s age, though I’m sure it is great for many. Good luck with your refund!</p>
<p>The SAHM thread - reading voraciously but no way am I getting in there. The initial question is inflammatory, you know where this one ends (lockdown!)</p>
<p>I wake up optimistic and getting things done, enjoying the summer and all, then come on here to see the countdown and the pit in my stomach returns… I’m so happy DS1 is dying to get back to school but I really love having him here. Last night (to humour me) we traced around one of the dog’s paws and made a paw-turkey. :)</p>
<p>woohoo to another son home mathmom…but sorry about the course!!!</p>
<p>awww AL34! sorry! hugs (and i’ll go back on standby duty for the year)</p>
<p>Huh, I wasn’t put under for getting my wisdom teeth out (all 8 of them) but now I’m thinking that’s a good thing
Then again my dentist knows my pain threshold and usually refuses to give me novacaine, meanie. Yes I can handle it but I hate all things dealing with my teeth and the smells/sounds of being in a dental chair so please make me unaware! :)</p>
<p>Awww, I love the paw-turkey idea - I have 2 dogs who would likely be very uncooperative to any outlining :)</p>
<p>I’m hopeful the number of times I had to use my horn on my commute this morning is not an indicator of how the day will go - I may be joining you for that cosmo RobD!</p>
<p>I need to step away from the SAHM thread, also! This is when it’s probably a good thing I’m a moderator, because otherwise I would post something I shouldn’t! The annoying poster on this thread is a problem - he steps right up to the line, but usually doesn’t go over it, so we can’t do anything about him.
TWINMAMA, sorry to hear about your washing machine woes. It’s not fair that it’s happening at tuition bill time!</p>
<p>No news here! DS’s last physics class is today, his final is Thursday, then he flies home Friday! Since he and DH are leaving early Saturday morning for the music festival where our other two kids will already be, I won’t really see him until Sunday afternoon. I’ve signed up for a 10K race Saturday, and I don’t want to let my running partner down by skipping it. I am in HORRIBLE shape, though, so I will be walking a lot of it. I think I will restart the Couch to 5K program next week.</p>
<p>ML: Is that a real run, Couch to 5K? How exciting to have DS home soon!</p>
<p>Shilly: I haven’t exactly followed the recent discussion about wisdom teeth, but ouch to no novacaine. BB2 has to see his dentist today due to some throbbing pain. Sounds like he’s the right age for it to be wisdom teeth, but he’s saying it’s a cavity.</p>
<p>mathmom: my nephew stayed with a family in France one summer. It wasn’t great, since he felt so dependent on them to find activities to do and they weren’t great conversationalists.</p>
<p>About that SAHM thread. I’ve been lurking too, but it annoys me to find one persistent poster dominating the discussions and asking such naive questions or making such unwelcome statements. I wonder how old he is.</p>
<p>I can’t believe we’re almost at our first launch date. Not fair. Mom just left for a visit with my brother, oh-so-reluctantly, but we needed some family time before kids leave.</p>
<p>BTW, anyone here interested in putting up BB3 and another student for a night as they make their across-the-country on their road trip? He needs a place near Louisville and maybe Nashville. He was thinking of finding a hotel, but this may be more adventurous.</p>
<p>I was not as strong as many of you. I lurked on “that” thread and then couldn’t resist one post. Hopefully I won’t regret it. I am glad I already took 2 aleve this morning cause that thread surely gave me a headache.</p>
<p>My running has taken a back seat lately. It is so hard to be motivated when the heat index is usually over 100 degrees. Trying to bike a couple times a week and the family is still rowing twice a week. D2 has continued with a high level of patience for her family and our learning curve. We are still working on so many technique issues that it really isn’t a workout (except for sweating cause it is so stinking hot).</p>
<p>Hope everyone is having a nice morning. :)</p>
<p>Back from the medical universe. Bone density scan, check. Blood work, check. Thyroid ultrasound, check. I get tomorrow off, then Thursday I actually see the doctor and find out what it all means (which I fully expect to be a big fat nothing).</p>
<p>My D has stayed in homes a few times. She spent a month in Paris as a sophomore in HS and lived with a family that was very good to her. She spent a month in Morocco between her freshman and sophomore year in college studying Arabic, and lived with a family that was really wonderful to her, and that was SO disappointed when she was unable to visit them during her term in Paris. And of course, during that Paris term this past fall, she lived with a “family” in Paris that was actually an elderly widow. It had its drawbacks, but she was a lovely caring woman and it all worked out. I’m not sure I can imagine my S doing this, though. The jury is still out on whether he will do a term or summer abroad.</p>
<p>Off to check out the much mentioned SAHM thread.</p>
<p>I couldn’t stand it any longer, so I posted on the thread. It galls me that the guy judges any other family’s situation. Oh, I wish he would make one misstep so I could do something about him.</p>
<p>somewhereinga, yikes! That is too hot to run.</p>
<p>limabeans, Couch to 5K is a program designed to get people starting at ZERO up to running 30 minutes straight, with three sessions a week. Of course, that won’t be 5k (3.1 miles) for a lot of people. Even after running a couple of years, my 5K PR was just over 30 minutes! You start out by walking five minutes, then alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. It’s a 9-week regimen. I caution people, though, that they might need to repeat days or weeks. There is one point where you’re supposed to jump from 8 minutes jogging directly to 20 minutes jogging, and I just couldn’t do that. My friend and I increased the jogging increments by about two minutes a time. Here is the link to the program for anyone who might be interested: </p>
<p>[Cool</a> Running | The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan](<a href=“http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml]Cool”>http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml)</p>
<p>Good morning!! Thanks for the coffee and I will take you up on that cosmo. My two neices are visiting. We had to get the 5 “kids” (14,16,18,19 & 20) up and out by 8am this morning so our cleaning lady could clean and it was no easy task. My husband and I went off to work and we sent them out to breakfast. </p>
<p>Teeth: I still have baby tooth! I think they call it a desiduous (?) tooth. I didn’t have a permanent tooth underneath. When I was about 30 years old they put a cap on it, but otherwise it is fine. Shilly you had 8 wisdom teeth??? No wonder you are so smart!</p>