Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Shilly - the CC parent in me would like to see an ACT test taken before and after extraction :)</p>

<p>lima if they want to dip down 2 hours south of nashville.they can stop here!!</p>

<p>Lima: If they get lost and end up in GA, they have a place to stay. :)</p>

<p>ML: I whine a lot during the summer months about the heat, but appreciate the winter running a lot. It is never too cold here to run.</p>

<p>Good morning everyone. I’m ready for a second cup of coffee here on the west coast.</p>

<p>D1 survived getting her wisdom teeth out last year. I think the painkillers and lack of food caused her to throw up the first day, but after that she recovered alright. Since I never had wisdom teeth does that mean I am not very smart? My dentist always told me it was because I was highly evolved!</p>

<p>RobD - Can you tell me anything about the University of Tennessee at Martin? They have a NCAA DI equestrian program and D2 is very interested after spending the last two weeks with college friends that ride for different D1 teams. Both friends went with their teams to compete at Martin and said the school was really nice and that the barn is right on campus and the horses were great too. The school looks small and seems to have a good PR major which interests D2. Thanks!</p>

<p>somewhere, yep, I’ll be whining in a few months! My running partner and I have agreed that we were way too wimpy this past winter - that cannot continue!</p>

<p>showmom…just made a fresh pot …help yourself</p>

<p>should i go look at that thread???hmmmmm</p>

<p>I also had a baby tooth with no adult tooth underneath. I had it capped sometime in the early '80’s, but had to have it removed and replaced with an implant when I was around 54. Baby teeth were just not meant to last that long.</p>

<p>I experienced absolutely no temptation to post on that other thread.</p>

<p>LOL I was born with a double set of teeth - my DH just thinks that means I’m related to sharks :slight_smile: I still have a few teeth well hidden but they will stay that way unless they ever come near the surface, I had to get a few removed 8 years ago that came up to the surface but otherwise I think my days of double bitemarks are over - let me tell you that is not as cool to other kids as you think it would be as a kid :)</p>

<p>I’ve poked in that thread but am avoiding it - plenty of other threads that are more enjoyable :)</p>

<p>think i’m going to break down and see a dentist… i have a tooth that the gum is receding from…may have to have a graft on there. dont know why its just one tooth…rest of the gums are fine. but S2 had to have cadaver grafts across his bottom teeth a few years ago…surgeon said it was herititary…but we couldnt figure out from whom? guess it was me</p>

<p>All this dentistry talk is worse than that other thread! Blech. (I have a dentist phobia but have a Thursday appt!).</p>

<p>I’ve got a definite dentist phobia (with a cleaning before I go back to IC) and all of this talk is not making me feel good, haha.</p>

<p>I went to a new oral surgeon a few weeks ago (this miserable process is still ongoing) and it was actually a very relaxing experience. Gave me headphones with my choice of music and everything about the room and the professionals’ demeanor was carefully designed to be relaxing. Almost like preparing for a massage.</p>

<p>^ resisting the impulse to make some comment about happy endings…
(guess I just did!)</p>

<p>tx5athome, you have a desiduous tooth?! I’ve heard of deciduous trees, like an oak tree, but does this mean your tooth comes out in the fall and grows out again in the spring?</p>

<p>ML: thanks for the Couch-to-5K running program details. Makes me think I should get off this couch sometime. Hummm.</p>

<p>Update on BB2’s sore tooth: dentist said teeth look good and it wasn’t a cavity. Should he make an appt to get his wisdom tooth out now or wait until it’s an emergency? Took xrays, so he’s ready. Our dentist has a tv high up on the wall. Too bad you can’t always hear it, what with the drilling.</p>

<p>This oral surgeon was incredibly attractive and, dare I say it, sexy! (Oh shut up all of you!!!)</p>

<p>I have a new dentist who I found last year and love. I actually thought to myself, If I found out he did something horrible (like he’s arrested for lewd conduct or something), I’d still let him work on me. That’s how much I like him and how scared I am of everyone else. Then I started thinking of how awful the thing would have to be before I wouldn’t go to him. Let’s just say it would have to be pretty bad. I realize this sounds really weird, but what else is new? :D</p>

<p>zmom: I feel that way about my flirty rheumatologist!</p>

<p>Lima - I’d be glad to let BB3 stay here, but Colorado would be too adventurous a route! </p>

<p>Best wishes to all those dealing with dentists and oral surgeons. I supposed I need to stop procrastinating on my checkup. Work schedules are so unpredictable that I hate to set a date/time, especially since kids have goofed a few times on appts (and dentist practice alone with one chair and no assistant).</p>

<p>YDS: I read your post too quickly and thought it said “I have found a new dentist and love.” I was quite intrigued: this could have been interesting reading! :slight_smile: Curse these middle-aged eyes.</p>

<p>

:smiley: You do realize that next week is Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, don’t you?</p>

<p>All this dentist talk just reminded me that I have an appointment next Wed. He’s a very nice guy, though I won’t be swooning like Zoosermom.</p>

<p>Alas, where is SWTCAT when we need her?!</p>

<p>P56: I had a gum graft this past Nov. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, though I would have preferred to spend the $$ on a nice vacation :(.</p>

<p>now would we say anything? :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>12rmh… S2 said it wasnt that bad…he was just grossed out that i insisted on cadaver graft…otherwise they would have scraped it off the roof of his mouth and he had his herp’s thing in for his orthodontic stuff, and i just thought that would be too much…</p>