Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>

You are wicked!!!</p>

<p>

No, not this innocent group!</p>

<p>zmom: you sure wouldn’t say my oral surgeon was sexy, but I did have to switch ob/gyns.</p>

<p>Now, THAT sounds like an interesting story! ^^^^</p>

<p>great big ditto to that yds!!!</p>

<p>Sorry to divert the conversation from dentists and teeth, but I just need to whine about the fact that the people from Servicemaster are currently at our house, cutting holes in the floor and pulling up flooring so that they can dry out the water that seeped out from our washer into the sub-flooring. Our homeowners’ insurance should cover all but the $500 deductible (and the cost of a new washer), but still…I don’t like having to deal with the chaos and inconvenience! :(</p>

<p>ouch twinmama… sounds like time for a glass of wine!!</p>

<p>Too much going on here with the Dentists and Oral Surgeons, Ob/GYNs! All I have to say is I can’t wait to see what IL and GSharp have to say about all of this!! ;)</p>

<p>I glanced at the other thread, will have to look more later.
Welcome home to the kids that arrived back this week. </p>

<p>Will hopefully post more tomorrow (boss will be at a golf outing!!):D</p>

<p>~~~Waving to everyone.</p>

<p>

Oh I’m sorry! That really does stink. I don’t like my house unsettled at all.</p>

<p>parent56, I think a glass of wine (or something stronger) will be in order as soon as I get home! :)</p>

<p>Sorry twinmamma - I’m with you and would prefer to avoid that sort of stress!</p>

<p>I did find a dentist I love and with my history and great aversions to all things dentist I can totally relate YDS - when you find one you love you don’t leave them, LOL! I adore my oral surgeon which is a good thing given my need for him over the years but I could never convince him to do everything else but fortunately the dentist I found doesn’t make me like going but does make me not hate it as much!</p>

<p>Rescue from P2!</p>

<p>Lima: Deciduous teeth is evidently another term for baby teeth. </p>

<p>Cute dentists: Mine is OK. Very nice. I have very good teeth (1 cavity my whole life!) so I mostly only see the dental hygienist. She has kids my kids age so we talk about, what else, college admissions. Last I heard her oldest was headed to Butler and was waitlisted at TCU, which was his first choice.</p>

<p>I’m going to the dentisit/hygienist tomorrow (what is it with all of us at the same time?)</p>

<p>Again, mostly see the hygienist. The dentist is a nice guy, but loves to talk about himself & his kids. Asks me questions I can’t answer while my mouth is wide open and never bothers to hear the answer I eventually try to give. :D</p>

<p>S and I watched 1776 (the movie) last night. It seemed appropriate with the current congress wrangling and all… :)</p>

<p>I thought of CC when I was reading a novel and one of the characters was described as being named a “National Merit finalist based on her SAT scores.” Almost made me stop reading right there.</p>

<p>Sigh. ;)</p>

<p>Son has landed on American soil :smiley: Welocme back to MAthmom’s sorry about the host family Urgh! :mad:
What thread do I need to lurk at ;)</p>

<p>woohoo 2ed!!! glad he is back safely!!</p>

<p>Thank God for safely returned sons!</p>

<p>ok guys…need all your good thoughts!!!..S1 just called…his lovely french bulldog Lilly…suddenly couldnt walk today…she is in the mri scanner now…they suspect a ruptured disc and surgeon is standing by… so thoughts for her safe surgery (and he really doesnt need an estimated 6K bill right now…but i can not even begin to suggest he is not in a position to consider that kind of bill… so hoping she is not going to require surgery also)</p>

<p>Poor Lilly! Ruptured discs are NO FUN! Just ask pmk.</p>

<p>since he called i’ve been googling and apparently french bulldogs are prone to this… thankfully S1 got her to the vet asap… and seems like surgery has pretty good results if necessary… waiting to hear mri result!</p>