Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>S2 just called…looks like he will be home about 10pm tonight! no word from S1…feel like i’m worrying about a grandchild!!</p>

<p>tx5…frenchies are so cute</p>

<p>twinmama… just keep drinking that wine and thinking calm thoughts</p>

<p>

I’m so jealous! Have a great time!</p>

<p>just got text… dr said surgery went well, but wont know about her walking for a few more days…so now we wait a bit longer…thank you all again!!!</p>

<p>We liked Muhlenberg a lot, also! DS got a good aid offer, too. Gosh, the college search really did feel like “The Bachelor” - a lot of good choices, and hard to say no to a lot of them.</p>

<p>DS’s doctor called, just because he told her I wanted to talk to her. He’s doing so well that she hasn’t phoned in awhile. She said that today, he was the best she’s seen him. “Unbelievably good, no symptoms.” He told her about the running, and she thinks that will be really good for him. She also said his eye contact with her is much better (although my sister says it’s still not good with other people - she was happy the last couple of days when he managed to look at her a few times!). The doctor said DS told her that he is “very happy” - about his class ending and coming home.</p>

<p>It’s nice to be able to share good news with you! I’m sure hoping the hardest part is behind us now.</p>

<p>great news ML!!!</p>

<p>

Oh thank goodness!! That’s wonderful news. You must be dancing.</p>

<p>Wonderful news about your DS, ML!! :)</p>

<p>Sounds great ML!!</p>

<p>ML - I am so happy to hear your good news!</p>

<p>My D leaves for her sophomore year on 8/31. She arrives home from her camp job 3 weeks from today and we get 1 week with her before she heads back to school. I have missed her so much, but she has had such a wonderful summer and is excited to get back to NYC for her next year.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for sharing the good news, ML. We are right there with you hoping that the hardest part is behind you - and we’ll be right here with you in any event.</p>

<p>tx5 - I think I want your job!!</p>

<p>~~ to everyone else.</p>

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>So many good news I just love it :slight_smile: ML you just warmed my heart :heart:</p>

<p>P56~

Merci :D</p>

<p>S1 is home and running…going around dentist, doctor, and chiropractor.
He shared his pictures with us last night…What an amazing trip! If he is willing to share I will post them on Shutter or FB. </p>

<p>Well DB, we are almost in the move-in window. Saturday S1 willl be turning twenty. We will spend the day in the city, still debating on the restaurant’s choice (especiallly after last night conversation about his French meals).</p>

<p>Well life is good :)</p>

<p>Wow on turning 20 2ed - I know D1 will hit that in April but it just seems so real that our kids will be moving out of their teens!</p>

<p>ML - such great news!!!</p>

<p>That’s great news, ML! :)</p>

<p>Best news I’ve heard all day ML!</p>

<p>ML: Wonderful News!!</p>

<p>P56: Hoping Lily is recovering from her surgery and sending good wishes to her human Dad! </p>

<p>AL34: Sounds like a great night! :D</p>

<p>DB: Good luck to your D & S on their college tour adventure!! :)</p>

<p>psychmom: A Big Welcome hojme to your D!! </p>

<p>Shilly: Congrats to D2!! Did you call the insurance company yet??</p>

<p>~~~~Waving to BUandBC and KS!!! </p>

<p>They are fixing the roof here a work. :frowning: Not only are they hammering away it feels/sounds like they are driving a truck up there!</p>

<p>Wonderful news ML!!!</p>

<p>Initiate Launch:</p>

<p>I saw your passing reference to DS2 talking to a baseball coach. If, and when, you or your son want any advice on playing college baseball and the whole recruiting process, just drop me a PM. DS is a college baseball pitcher so first hand experience here!!!</p>

<p>Speaking of DS - I owe you guys an update. He is now two weeks post surgery. Stitches in elbow and knee came out yesterday. The local doctor who took them out said that his elbow was in “incredible shape” and that he is “way ahead of expectations”. Lots of smiles at our house on that one!!!</p>

<p>ML: Wow, that’s just great news, especially after a semester of summer school!<br>
What did the doctor say about DS’s eye contact? Geez, if only BB1 could get that “fixed”.</p>

<p>Speaking of BB1, it’s his birthday! I feel kinda badly, because none of his “friends” have called or made plans to get together, so it’s just us. He also thought he might be asked to work today, but nope.</p>

<p>P56: Poor Lilly. I hope she is starting to feel comfortable.</p>

<p>ETA: yeah to scualum’s son! Sounds like he will be playing like Tommy John soon.
IL: SAHM = “stay-at-home-mothers”</p>

<p>lima - Happy Birthday to BB1!!!</p>

<p>Scualam - so glad your S is recovering faster and better than expected!</p>

<p>p56 - hoping Lily follows suit and is back up and walking quickly!</p>

<p>ML: That’s such great news! I’m so happy for your family :)</p>

<p>Scualum: Awesome news about the post surgery visit! Love hearing doctors say that things are better than expected :slight_smile: I’m going to send you a PM about baseball recruitment; my next door office mate has a little brother who is being recruited. They’re familiar with regular admissions (she used to work in graduate admissions) but has no clue about how the athletic recruiting piece fits in. </p>

<p>Happy Birthday to BB1!</p>