<p>RobD - happy to help. DS and I got a lot of help from other parents during his recruitment - so I am happy to pay it forward</p>
<p>Piping in with a YEA for ML’s ds! </p>
<p>Oh, and for Lily, too! </p>
<p>And scu’s ds! Did he ever get his steak?</p>
<p>yippee glad the surgery went well scualum!! and seconding yds…did the poor boy get his steak?? enquiring minds need to know</p>
<p>And Happy birthday wishes to BeanieBaby1!!! </p>
<p>lima…S1 says they cant see her until tomorrow…needless to say son is really upset…he doesnt deal well with pet illnesses…never has…his heart just breaks…and dont tell him…but it breaks my heart when my 27 yo old is in tears</p>
<p>YDS - on the second night… a very nice New York strip at a place called McGuire’s Irish Pub. Great place for those of you visiting Pensacola.</p>
<p>DITTOING YDS’s YEAHs for ML’s S, scualum’s S and good thoughts for Lily.</p>
<p>Sending out more good wishes for all those with dear children returning home! Enjoy those HUGS. We will see D in about 2 weeks after her summer away. I can’t wait!</p>
<p>~Waving to all~~ with a special
and return shout out for PNJ (Hope the roof work is over!) And adding continued good thoughts for your Dad.</p>
<p>Adding my healing thoughts to Bonnie for your mom and glad your sweet granddaughter is okay.</p>
<p>lima: Wishing your #1 son a wonderful Birthday!</p>
<p>Staying
here and enjoying my R and R. :)</p>
<p>ETA: Good move scualum! Sounds great. ;)</p>
<p>another text… per the vet…apparently she has feeling in her paws now!!! still isnt able to walk, but vet says he is hopeful, maybe know more later</p>
<p>ML–What great news from DS’s doctor. Making good eye contact seems like an accomplishment–even for our young men who don’t have a “diagnosis”. I hope that you all share some very enjoyable time while he is back visiting the nest.</p>
<p>p56–It is so hard to have a pet in such a fragile state. I’m glad that you S1 feels comfortable enough to let his true emotions show with you. It helps to share his grief. I hope it helps you for all of us here to share your grief. Let’s hope that Lily has a good neurological recovery. Do they have her on steroids to combat spinal cord edema?</p>
<p>G#–You make me laugh so hard…</p>
<p>DsS is in the middle of the third week of a 4 week summer course. He’s in class now. It’s hard to believe he’ll be 2/3 through the course after today. After next Friday, he has two weeks of down time, then starts a full-time load on the 29th. He’ll still be living with us, so does that count as a launch date?</p>
<p>Good luck to all with launches and returns to the nest.</p>
<p>donnagal…thank you! not sure about the steroids, but i hope they do… i’m going to call him tonight so i’ll ask. </p>
<p>who is good with those pics gsharp taught us??? we need a huge bday cake for BB1!!</p>
<p>Lima: Happy Birthday to BeanieBaby1!!!</p>
<p>Happy Birthday to Lima’s BeanieBaby1</p>
<p>ZM, ML, DB and others, thanks for the insight. That’s what I like about CC - someone has usually ‘been there, done that’. </p>
<p>fist bump for your S’s improvement ML.</p>
<p>Scualum - I may take you up on that at some point. S2 is only a rising sophomore, and doesn’t have a clue what he wants to do. It was a pretty general conversation and the coach was a straight shooter. A fellow I work with went through the recruiting process with his Lacrosse playing son who plays at a highly competitive D2. The stories are brutal to say the least. Glad to hear you S is on the mend. Was it his throwing arm?</p>
<p>Lima, thanks for explaining the acronym. I’ll avoid that like the plague. DW has been on both sides of that discussion. From my perspective the thought that comes to mind is “lose-lose”. HBD to BB1.</p>
<p>Positive thoughts for Lilly P56!</p>
<p>BonnieNJ Glad that you are getting some relief! You are right, your DD has a wonderful opportunity, but I bet that you could do without the extra stress right now!</p>
<p>ML Good news is always appreciated!</p>
<p>Scualum Great news from you too! S got an excellent steak if it was from McGuires. There is a dollar on McGuires ceiling with my name on it somewhere. The restroom signs used to be labeled something like the other restroom is the MENS and the other restroom is the WOMENS, so that if you didnt pay attention, you went to the wrong one. I think that the state made them change that after some incident. Dont know if you noticed the Residence Inn across from McGuires I have spent many nights there. If you dont parse the semantics too closely and use too much decimal precision on your GPS, technically, I once spent the night with Shania Twain there.</p>
<p>Aliceinw / Checkers You are redeemed. The IE Users / IQ report was a hoax.
[‘Dumb</a> IE users’ report faked, admits scam’s architect - Computerworld](<a href=“'Dumb IE users' report faked, admits scam's architect | Computerworld”>'Dumb IE users' report faked, admits scam's architect | Computerworld)</p>
<p>RobD Friday is ATL day for me this week, but Ill wave anyway.</p>
<p>Mommusic I thought of you on Monday. One of the moms at work was out so that she could take her S to UC orientation.</p>
<p>
I aspire to look this good someday.
</p>
<p>
As am I. The difference is that my ineptitude doesnt stop me.
You gotta be willing to fail!</p>
<p>I sure am glad that things cleaned up around the thread today and we didnt have to get back on the bus to Chippendocs! ;)</p>
<p>D1s housing saga continues, but there is an end in sight. She and the roommate have found 2 potential apartments ready to move-in in a days notice. But they want to check out one more tomorrow, ergh! Its part of the lets see how high G#s blood pressure can go plan that has been on-going since she was about 1 day old.</p>
<p>Lima Last, but certainly not least just for BB1 from his CC Family
.-"-.
* ( + / \ . )
) ) |# | ( *<br>
. ( . _<strong>/ .
+ .-"-. * /^ + (
/ \ ) ( .-"-. ) +
. |# | ( * / \ ( )
_</strong>/ ) ( |# | ( '
* /^ ) ___/
( * ' ( ^\ * '
. \ , , , , , ' \ +
) | | | | | ) .
* . @%@%@%@%@%@%@ ( )
( { happy } \ ( *
) * { birthday! } ) (
( @%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@ ) '
+ { BB1 Rocks! } * (
{ } . )
{so does his Mom} (
* @%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@%@ +
Or maybe hed prefer
\\ ,
\ <code>|
) ( .-""-.
| | /_ { '.
| | (/</code>\ } )
| | ^/ ^<code>} {
\ \ \= ( { )
\ \ '-, { {{
\ \_.' ) } )
\.-' ( (
/'-.'_. ) ( }
\_( { _/\
) '--'</code>-;\ \
<em>.-' / / /
<\/></em>.' .' / /
<\/></>/. ' /<\// /
</> _ |`- _ . -/|<// (
<\/> - <em>- <code>_.-'</code></em>/- | \
</> - - - - \\
}<code><\/> <\/></code>{
{ </>-<\/><em><\/></em><\/>-</> }
} </> </> </> {
<\/>. <\/>
</> </>
{<code><\/> <\/></code>}
} </>-<\/><em><\/></em><\/><em><\/>-</> {
{ </> </> </> </> }
} }
{ H A P P Y {
<\/> B I R T H D A Y <\/>
</> B B 1 </>
`<\/> <\/>'
</>-<\/></em><\/><em><\/></em><\/>_<\/>-</>
</> </> </> </> </>
</p>
<p>^^^ Look who’s smutty now! LOL Is she a doctor?</p>
<p>G# you always make my day.</p>
<p>Happy Birthday to BB1 and here’s hoping for better things on the work front for him.</p>
<p>ML, so glad to hear your doctor’s good report! Also happy for SCU’s son.</p>
<p>Quiet here. So far S likes his job and said his boss is a “cool guy.” There’s 6 people in his group, none of them over 30. </p>
<p>D is vacationing with her BF’s family in upstate NY. She was supposed to come home Fri night to work Sat, but just got a text that the pond she lifeguards at is closed till Wed because their water failed its testing.
So she’s coming home Sat morning. The in-laws and S are coming on Sat as well, we’re all going out to dinner to celebrate H and my 25th Anniv (which actually the middle of next week). :D</p>
<p>Gotta get back to my task for the evening: booking flights for Family Weekend at D’s college. This year it will truly be Family Weekend for us, because S says he’ll come with us (I’m paying for his plane ticket, of course). Its a lot of money for basically one day, but it will be one day with the 4 of us together at D’s college, and it will be my birthday weekend and that’s what I want for my gift. :p</p>
<p>Thank you gsharp!!! a wonderful cake (take your pick) for a wonderful BeanieBaby1!!! </p>
<p>Laf… good to hear your S is settling in…how goes it for mom???</p>
<p>Gsharp… i hope the perfect apartment is on the horizon!!</p>
<p>last update…hasnt walked or stood yet…bladder… still not sure if it is functioning</p>
<p>S2 update…well he left indiana about 12 our time…called about 30 minutes ago…
S…“i’m taking a break for a bit”
Me… where are you?
S2… walmart
Me…ummmmmm</p>
<p>I know why I stayed at home with my first, Germany paid me my full salary to stay at home six months.
I actually was able to work part time once I went back to work which I thought was a great compromise. </p>
<p>The suitcase arrived. They called around nine and said they’d be delivering it at 3 am so was there somewhere they could leave it so they didn’t have to wake us up. It was waiting at the side door when we woke up. </p>
<p>I’ve been at continuing ed class all day - it ran from 8 am to 6 pm and I am exhausted. More of the same tomorrow and then I’m all done for this three year stretch. Well except for actually doing some tests officially on the computer. I did them in the car on print outs, and need to input the answers into the websites so I can collect my pile of certificates. I hate continuing ed. I hardly ever learn anything I can actually put to use.</p>
<p>Happy Birthday to BB1!!</p>
<p>Bonnie - Sending wishes for continued improvement and health for your mom and granddaughter.</p>
<p>psychmom - Good to hear your D is home safely!</p>
<p>ML - Yay! :)</p>
<p>scualum - Glad your S is healing well. </p>
<p>p56 -Thoughts for Lily.</p>
<p>mathmom - Glad the suitcase showed up.</p>
<p>Getting my classroom ready has been crazy. I now have a smart board on one wall. That’s wonderful, but I had to move or get rid of all kinds of stuff to make room, and my classroom isn’t that large. It’s also possible that this may be my last year working as a teacher at my school…maybe. If I stop teaching, I may do some part time work for admissions. With that in mind, my plan is to organize all my units and materials this year. That means every time I open a cabinet or a box, I’m cleaning it out. I’m starting my 13th year at this school, so I have lots of cleaning out to do.</p>
<p>ML - Yay!!! </p>
<p>Lima - Enjoy the birthday celebration
</p>
<p>BU - Good luck on the organization tasks. The students are lucky to have a dedicated teacher.</p>
<p>Thanks for the festive birthday wishes. That’s pretty risque (w/ accent) GSharp. I’m tempted to ask how you did that, but no. I’m not that techy.</p>
<p>We enjoyed a nice dinner out and home made cake (which I really didn’t need, but it was delicious) when we got back. THEN I got a phone call from my sister. My mom, who is visiting my oldest brother, is on her way to the hospital. Was that only two days since she left? My brother told me not to come because that might just make mom think this is how she can come back here quicker. Good thing; he’s about 2 hours away. Guess what I’m doing tomorrow?</p>
<p>Happy organizing, BU. The handouts and the lesson plans may be worth $???, but the memories are priceless.</p>
<p>P56: I’m cheering for Lilly.</p>
<p>mathmom, glad to hear the suitcases came home. When Carnival lost my son’s suitcase, they charged us to ship it home. :mad:</p>
<p>Lima, Happy Birthday to BB1 and hope all is ok with your mom</p>
<p>wow nice cakes G#, include me as one who only had 2 wisdom teeth</p>
<p>Get well wishes for Lily</p>
<p>ML & Bonnie & Scualum yeah for good news</p>
<p>Laf Happy upcoming anniversary</p>
<p>Good thoughts to all or anyone I missed, It’s been hard to keep up, I’ve been fighting a sinus infect/summer cold, really dragging me down but I’m looking forward to DD’s return from Iowa on Sat after 10 long weeks, 3 weeks home before back to Buffalo. Of course we will be off to the Delaware county fair by my parents before that to load up on all sorts terrible deep fried food.</p>