Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p> :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:
Checking in and WaViNg to all. We just returned from ‘up north’. The weather was perfect and we were ‘unplugged’ with no internet or cell phone service. It was very nice. We saw loons, bald eagles, and hummingbirds, but no moose, bears, or deer this time. We stopped to see my mom on the way and had a good visit. Our son could take lessons in ‘How to have a clean house when your parents return’. ;)</p>

<p>It’s nice to read about all the returning sons and daughters. :slight_smile: Enjoy!</p>

<p>Sending prayers and good wishes to all those with healing family members and pets. </p>

<p>Wishing all the early returning teachers a successful beginning. Good luck BUandBC82 and jc40! Is anyone else back this early? I officially have a few more weeks, but my teaching partners are getting anxious to get going. We’re working tomorrow. :rolleyes:</p>

<p> ♬♬ Happy Birthday to BeanieBaby1! ♬♬</p>

<p>Staying :cool: here… I’m very thankful for AC this summer.</p>

<p>Good morning. :)</p>

<p>Welcome back, BT. </p>

<p>lima - HB to BB1! May a job be one of his presents. :)</p>

<p>Laf - I think it’s great that S will come to family weekend! Aren’t the grandparents coming, too? Sounds like a blast. </p>

<p>scualum - I glad your S is healing well!</p>

<p>p56 - I hope today brings more good news from the vet. </p>

<p>Enjoy your Thursdays! :)</p>

<p>Gee Blessed, you could just come to this thread if you wanted to see loons, would have saved you the trip :slight_smile:
In and out this morning - up to marching band - have a good day everyone!</p>

<p>good morning all!! coffee is ready!! good to see you BT</p>

<p>S2 arrived safely and headed straight to bed</p>

<p>)xoxoxox></p>

<p>JC40’s D; prayinglady’s D – 8/6
Parent56’s S; SWTCAT’s D – 8/10
CheckersMidwest’ S – 8/14
Tx5’s D—8/15
BUandBC’s S - 8/17
Lafalum84’s D – 8/18
2education’s S1 --8/19
MaineLonghorn’s S, Twinmama D2, Shillyshally’s D – 8/20
RobD’s D; AL34’s S – 8/21
Twinmama D1-- 8/23
BonnieNewJersey D- 8/25
CaliforniaDancer – 8/26
Coskat’s D-- 8/27
mdemvizi, PinotNoir’s S – 8/27
DougBetsy’s S – 8/28
limabeans’s BB3, SLUMOM’s S – 8/28
zoosermom’s D2 – 8/28
jbehlend’s S – 8/29
psychmom’s D – 8/30
showmom858 D --8/31
Yds’ ds – 9/4 (we leave the day before)
CountingDown’s S2, Mathmom’s S2 – 9/4
jackief’s D – 9/6
pugmadkate’s S – 9/7
aliceinw’s S – 9/9
ProudNJMom’s S; G#’s D2 – 9/10
Tx5’s S – 9/14
FindAPlace’s S – 9/18
2leashes’ D --9/19
psychmomma’s S – 9/20
mommusic’s S – 9/21
esobay’s S – 9/22</p>

<p>

Happy anniversary! That’s quiet a wonderful milestone.
Lima, happy belated birthday to the Beanie Baby! Please let us know what goes on with your mom (fingers crossed!).</p>

<p>Hugs and thoughts for all with ailing family members - p56 my heart is with your S, I am a total basketcase for all things furkids! </p>

<p>G# - glad they have options, even if they do it at the expense of your stress - ahh, parenting, they know just how to tweak those buttons :)</p>

<p>Best to all our teachers heading back - have you read Matt Damon’s speech to teachers? I know I don’t say thank you enough but my life was shaped and made better due to teachers I was blessed with and I know the same is for my children!</p>

<p>Just a quick hi to everyone. So happy it’s Thursday. It really is hard coming back to work after 2 weeks off.</p>

<p>Lima - Happy birthday to BB1! I hope all is well with your Mom.</p>

<p>Laf - Happy upcoming 25th anniversary to you.</p>

<p>Today is my 21st anniversary. H and I are celebrating with a quiet diiner out tonight and a good bottle of wine. D2 is up at my parents house until Sunday and D1 is still working her camp job for 3 more weeks in the mountains. When I woke up this morning I had a moment of panic as I thought about how this would be the “norm” in our house in just over a year when she too goes off to college. Where have the years gone?</p>

<p>Good morning! </p>

<p>S spent the summer writing music for a marching band and hanging out with friends and family. We talked about next summer and how it will be most important to get a job!! Neither DH nor I worked during our first two summers but in the field S wants to go into, it is important to get some practical experience. His move in day is 9/8 and I’m not really crazy stressed like I was last year! What a difference a year makes.</p>

<p>DH and I have decided to attend our HS reunion. In a couple of weeks we’ll be chatting with people we haven’t seen in years (and some we’ve seen at twice a year) and from what I’ve seen on Facebook, many have kids in college and high school like us. I’m not sure I’m ready for this…</p>

<p>Happy anniversary show mom and lafalum!</p>

<p>Happy anniversary to showmom858 and laf!!!</p>

<p>Good morning!! First day of my vacation, I slept in!! Woo hoo!!</p>

<p>Last night S2 and N1 (houseguest niece age 18) went up to Los Angeles to see a taping of a new comedy. I had gotten the tickets online (for free) and didn’t know what to expect but they said it was amazing! and Free!! </p>

<p>Positive thoughts going out to Lily. </p>

<p>D1 is supposed to run down to San Diego today with “friend-boy” and drop off her bed in her apartment. This is making her very testy.</p>

<p>Happy anniversary Showmom and Lafalum!!</p>

<p>Lilmom: I just went to my reunion and it was lots of fun. I was really glad I went.</p>

<p>Happy Anniversary Showmom and Laf!</p>

<p>Adding my Happy Anniversary wishes to showmom today and to Laf for next week. Hope you both enjoy your special celebrations.</p>

<p>Also sending good wishes to jc40, BUandBC and BT as you get ready to return to work for your always lucky kids and their parents.</p>

<p>BT: Sounds like a nice vacay! And glad you are staying :cool:</p>

<p>Sending good thoughts for all whose dear S’s and D’s are getting ready to return to school. Wishing all a wonderful school year. May the bumps be few and the rewards and successes be many.</p>

<p>Have a great one all. :)</p>

<p>Hi all.</p>

<p>Happy Anniversary to showmom and showdad today!</p>

<p>And in case I forget, Happy Anniversary to Lafalum (f) and Lafalum (m) for next week. </p>

<p>And since I did forget, Happy Belated Birthday to Beanie Baby 1.</p>

<p>Hooray for things to celebrate!!</p>

<p>Best to jc40 and BUandBC as you return to your classrooms - hope the rest of our teachers are enjoying what’s left of their summers and looking forward to their returns.</p>

<p>It’s hard to believe that “our” first (jc40’s D) has started her trek back to school - S is still home for another month.</p>

<p>Here’s to a successful school year to all (sophomore year for many, first year for BBD’s D, and first year at Olin for coloradomom’s S)!!</p>

<p>alice…thanks for the reminder… i totally forgot that Brooklynborndad’s D will be going soon!!!</p>

<p>~~~~ waving at KS!!!</p>

<p>Happy anniversary to Laf and showmom! LOL. That looks like they’re married to each other. ;)</p>

<p>Lots of things to celebrate! I will take the easy way out and add my congratulations to everybody!</p>

<p>We were going to go to the beach today, but it’s too cool and rainy. We’ll try again tomorrow.</p>

<p>DS’s final exam in physics starts at 3:00 Eastern time - if you happen to remember during that time, send thoughts and prayers that he will stay unstressed and do his very best.</p>

<p>Somehow I got roped into doing shop drawings for glulam (laminated wood) trusses for a fancy house DH designed. Those are the drawings the fabricator will use to actually produce the pieces. Each piece is “cambered” (curved) slightly, and I have to make sure they all fit together properly. Yikes! This kind of thing makes me very nervous!</p>

<p>ML - that sounds like stuff my D1 would love to do, I’d be nervous too but I know you’ll do great!</p>

<p>Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Showmom :)</p>

<p>God’s speed to JC40’s wonderful daughter and Grandpapa :)</p>

<p>Waving to all</p>

<p>I won free tickets to see a comedian/hypnotist tomorrow night in KC. I think H is off tomorrow…however, the kids & I have plans Saturday (H works) and have to leave by 6:00. Not sure I want a late night Friday night. </p>

<p>Saturday is our 23rd anniversary. For our 10th - we went to Jamaica. For our 15th - we went to Cancun. Haven’t been anywhere just us since then.</p>

<p>I’m not as stressed about getting S ready to go either this time. In fact, he leaves a week from Sunday and we haven’t really packed anything. However, everything from his dorm is stuffed in the alcove in his room. We do need to sort it & move it to the diningroom. Maybe Sunday…</p>

<p>P56: Thinking of Lilly</p>