<p>Hi, applicannot! I hope you get the medication figured out. I sure appreciate how important drugs are, after DS’s year!</p>
<p>DH and I had a wonderful day on the beach. PERFECT weather, after a cool start. I noticed a couple of women were wrapped up in towels and sweaters when we first arrived, but then the sun came out and it was plenty warm.</p>
<p>DS got to Newark. He said they changed the gate in Austin, and he didn’t know it until the last minute. Whew! We leave in about an hour to pick him up. I’ll get about five hours in bed (not sure I’ll sleep) before getting up for the Beach to Beacon 10k, which starts at 8 am. I’m nuts, I know. I shouldn’t even be trying it, I’m so out of shape.</p>
<p>My sister and her family are going to Williamsburg at Christmas, so I will send her these suggestions!</p>
<p>lima - sending hugs your way. So glad you got some good news about your mom and your S today. :)</p>
<p>GSharp - yay for your D1 finding an apt within walking distance of her job! I am envious.</p>
<p>Applicannot - so great to hear from you! Thanks for posting the link to that article - it was so nice to see you quoted, and to hear about how you spent your summer. I am happy to hear that you’re working on issues from your past. </p>
<p>Laf - enjoy your weekend. :)</p>
<p>It was a looooong work week for me, and I’m glad to have the weekend off to recuperate. Tomorrow, I’m getting together with an old friend - someone I’ve been friends with since I was 17. We only manage to get together once or twice a year, but we always have a blast.</p>
<p>ML - I almost forgot - yay for almost having your S home! That’s such great news!</p>
<p>P56 - so glad to hear that Lily is ok. Keeping my fingers crossed for her.</p>
<p>ML I’M SO GLAD YOUR DS IS COMING HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 360 DAYS!!! I hope you have a wonderful visit together and he enjoys the nice, cool weather!</p>
<p>Nice to hear from applicanot, sounds like a major I would have enjoyed. I wrote my senior thesis about low cost housing and have always been interested in how cities develop and thrive.</p>
<p>I’m waiting for dh to come home. He checked himself into the ER this evening, but thankfully his problem is not serious at all. He should be home soon.</p>
<p>Appicanot - Glad to hear you are doing ok. Neat link/article.</p>
<p>ML - Enjoy your son’s return home! </p>
<p>I’m still in denial about launch. The summer break was long, but DS did a lot what he wanted (online and CC classes, moderate socializing… less frantic than senior summer). Not much of the organizing/projects I had in mind. This week work was crazy busy and DD (who til now was in rebound mode for college) is not doing well in her comp sci class. Still after comparison to world woes and TX heat and Lima’s challenges… my live is pretty calm and easy.</p>
<p>DS IS HOME! Thanks for your good wishes. He keeps saying, “Wow, it feels weird to be home!” but he’s smiling when he says it. I wondered how our collie would react to him. With strangers, the dog goes wild. With DS, he just sniffed him and wagged his tail. Like he’d seen DS the day before!</p>
<p>DH is cooking breakfast for him now (I’m not sure why breakfast!).</p>
<p>Mathmom, I’m glad your DH is OK! ERs are no fun.</p>
<p>That’s great ML. Give him plenty of hugs - one for each of your friends on CC who has been rooting for him. That should keep you busy for a while.</p>
<p>Good morning iPeeps! Coffee is up: today’s blend is MESCO, roasted by the M.E. Swing Co., a DC institution located a block from the White House.</p>
<p>ML: Welcome home to DS! You sound so happy - and so does he. We, your CC friends, are basking in the afterglow. Enjoy!</p>
<p>applicannot: it is so nice to hear from you. I was sorry to hear about the rough patch but it sounds like you handled it well. You are amazing. Sending good wishes for the coming year.</p>
<p>mdemvizi: bon voyage & have a great trip! PS. it’s better to buy a vintage camera than a 250-lb TV - or a mega-watt sound system. :D</p>
<p>sewemma: may I add to GSharp’s excellent Williamsburg Guide? The Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Museum for American Folk Art is very nice. And it is adjacent to Colonial Williamsburg.</p>
<p>GSharp: safe travels to NoVa & congrats on D1’s housing! It sounds like the nerve-wracking search paid off with a walking-distance location.</p>
<p>alicew: I’ll be channeling you this morning on a bike ride. But this is much shorter (~15-20 miles) & unsupported. Good for you for helping with the ride!</p>
<p>ETA: ~~ good morning P56. ~~ Thanks for the launching pad, the coffee, & good news about Lilly!</p>
<p>ML–So glad to hear that DS is home. Breakfast at nearly midnight–why not? What a great comfort food for his arrival home.</p>
<p>p56–Thanks for the coffee. Needed that. Next door neighbor (very close) had a big party last night. We were invited and went for a while, but it was hot and very well attended. We ended up slinking back to our own house to cool off. Isn’t air conditioning great? We went back later for another visit and some dessert, but no more wine. The theme was island and they had a Jamaican band that we had no trouble hearing over here (in the house with the windows closed and fans on)–until very late at night!</p>
<p>I’m more than a little tired. DH is still blissfully asleep, but I have trouble trying to sleep in.</p>
<p>DsS is crashed in the basement. Seems the loud music next door interfered with him playing his latest video game. Such a shame. He is now 3/4 of the way through his 2nd summer course and will be a full time student starting August 29th.</p>
<p>Happy Anniversary to Everyone who has been celebrating or will soon…Laf, showmom, Checkers, somewhereinga, & SWTCAT, </p>
<p>Thanks for all the good wishes to the start of my school year! My room looks good. Now I just need to learn how to use the Smart Board.</p>
<p>BT and ks – Enjoy the rest of your summer vacation. Trust me when I say it will be over too soon. :)</p>
<p>ML – Welcome home to your S!</p>
<p>lima & kinderny – I hope your moms are doing well today.</p>
<p>PNJ – I hope your dad is doing well, too.</p>
<p>Yds/SWTCAT – I also love listening to fiddle music. S2 took fiddle for a couple of years. His instructor taught Appalachian Mountain fiddle music by ear. The music is handed down through the generations without being written down. S2 never saw a note of music. Of course, the strings teacher at school wasn’t thrilled with S2’s new casual style on the violin, but it was fun!</p>
<p>jc & prayinglady – Safe travels to your Ds!</p>
<p>Good to see you checking in applicannot.</p>
<p>P56 – {{Hugs}}for Lilly.</p>
<p>[size=+1]Happy Birthday Alice!!<a href=“yesterday%20:”>/size</a>) There are better ways to celebrate than cleaning the basement!</p>
<p>Happy Saturday to all!!</p>
<p>ETA : Happy Birthday to 2eds S1! </p>
<pre><code> Mathmom - I hope your H is okay.
</code></pre>
<p>Good Morning all and Thanks for the coffee :)</p>
<p>Alice~Happy Belated Birthday :)</p>
<p>Applicanot ~ Glad to hear from you</p>
<p>Lima~Happy to hear your Mom is reading the NYT</p>
<p>LAf~Enjoy your week-end and your babies ~Happy Anniversary week-end~</p>
<p>Mathmom~Hope your Dh is well </p>
<p>P56~Hugs to Lilly </p>
<p>G#~So happy to hear your D1 found a place, and will be lovingly moved in :D</p>
<p>~<strong>YAY to ML and Family</strong>~ So very happy S1 is home after 360 days, this is a heck of a long time…So sweet to have DH cooked breakfast for him, sending hugs to you all :)</p>
<p>God’s speed to JC40’s D & Prayinglady’s D :)</p>
<p>Let me ditto the fine wrap-ups this morning.</p>
<p>Just finished a long walk with the dog while ds2 did 4+ miles and hills with his cross-country group. Good run: “Mom, I almost threw up on the last hill.” And a couple of homeless guys good-naturedly heckled him – “You know everyone is supposed to be behind you, right?” Now on my way to take him to an event with the congressman. Then tonight he’s going to a friend’s house for a game night. Did I mention I am taking him to get his license next week so he can drive himself and buy his own gas!!!</p>
<p>Have a great day, iPeeps.</p>
<p>ETA: BU, that’s really cool about the Appalachian fiddle teacher.</p>
<p>BUandBC, I’m assuming you weren’t affected by the flash flooding yesterday? I thought of you when I saw it on the news.</p>
<p>So glad ML’s son is home. Can feel the glow and happiness all the way from there to here!</p>
<p>Not much else new. Tomorrow I will get on D’s case to order her books. Not sure if they should come here and join the Clampett pile or be sent straight to campus. Her post office has a limit on how many boxes they will hold per student in August… I think its 3. </p>
<p>Have a good weekend everyone! Stay if you can, Texas friends!</p>
<p>XC: S3 runs cross country. I once heard if you don’t throw up you didn’t try hard enough. Although he always blames it on whatever we fed him for breakfast.</p>
<p>S2 is spending the weekend in San Diego with his college roommate. He seemed very excited so I am happy for him, but that leaves the rest of us with just one car. When he gets home Sunday we have to pack the car up because we are leaving bright and early on Monday morning for Lake Tahoe. We are leaving DH and D1 home, they both have to work.</p>