<p>We got up and did our parking stint at 4:30, and have been working on the basement since we got home around 8:30. Finally, it’s lunch time, and there might be light at the end of the tunnel/basement.</p>
<p>Good afternoon all! Slept in today and it was nice!</p>
<p>Thanks to 12rm, 2ed and BUandBC for the great recaps. Still tagging along to say DITTO. :)</p>
<p>ALICE: Adding my BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!. Glad you got the basement done and that there’s an end in sight. Hope the rest of your celebration was a good one. Wishing you the best for a wonderful year.</p>
<p>And more HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO 2ed’s S1!. May he have a wonderful day and year ahead. Stay mama! And I know, you’ll continue to stay proud of your dear S.</p>
<p>ML: More cheers for your S1’s arrival home. Sending good thoughts for his continued progress and comfort. </p>
<p>Checkers: Enjoy your anniversary today!</p>
<p>BUandBC: Glad your classroom is “looking good!” I am not yet counting the days til I return to work, though I agree the next few weeks will probably fly.</p>
<p>Adding good thoughts for lima’s mom, mathmom’s H and others on the road to healing in health and spirit.</p>
<p>add another tagger on to KS plus all the other wonderful recappers, ditto happy birthdays, anniversaries, get well wishes, welcome homes and happy trails
enjoy these fleeting Aug days of summer</p>
<p>I’ll let ds know that throwing up is a badge of honor. Ewww on the incontinent runners. I once did a trail marathon and saw many people step off the trail and drop trou. :eek: Or shorts, in their case. YUK! After that, I was careful to stay in the middle of the trail.</p>
<p>All my boys are going to the Planet of the Apes movie. I’m staying home and making a cake for ds2’s party tonight. I really wanted to see it originally, but after all the hype of the past week I’m over it.</p>
<p>YDS, it sounds like a fun party! I couldn’t believe the glowing review that the “Wall Street Journal” gave Planet of the Apes! Practically slobbering.</p>
<p>I don’t think DS ever threw up after a race, but he did collapse a couple of times and scare us to death! I have seen a LOT of very pretty teenaged girls upchuck at the finish line. That impresses me every time!</p>
<p>Well, this morning I ran the worst 10K I’ve ever done, no surpise! But I got to shake Joan Benoit Samuelson’s hand as I crossed the finish line, so it was all worth it. Later, the awards announcer mentioned that Joan is equally happy for the person who runs the race in 27 minutes as the one who takes an hour 27 minutes. Guess my time, LOL? 1:27 exactly. That cracked me up. That was a full 19 minutes slower than my best time a couple of years ago. Oh, well, it was the kick in the pants I need to get going.</p>
<p>At this moment, DH and DS are running in a nearby park. Then we’re off to the music festival in New Hampshire. I thought I couldn’t go because of the race, but the guys ditzed around long enough that I can!</p>
<p>D1 is coming home tomorrow after spending a week in VA at the grandparents. She has finally decided on 8/11 as her launch date. That gives her a couple of days to deal with the dorm mountain from May. She claims it will be easier since she didn’t put much away. I will just have to keep reminding myself how much I’ll miss her when she is gone.</p>
<p>D2 has come through the wisdom teeth surgery with flying colors. She is handling the pain meds well. Main side effect I’ve seen is that she’s been a lot nicer than usual. They gave her a contraption to hold ice packs on her cheeks that has been great. She has had minimal swelling. At the rate she is going, I think she will be fine at high school on Monday.</p>
<p>Throwing up is a badge of honor for running. On our Wednesday night bike rides if you don’t have trouble sleeping cause your legs ache, then you haven’t ridden hard enough.</p>
<p>I have to say that I always have found a bush or tree to go behind when nature calls.</p>
<p>somewhereinga - thanks for the report on D2s wisdom teeth - sounds good. About the same here, DS1 had an easy time of it and felts so good we just went out for mexican food today. One very odd thing though, he’s taking the meds (hydrocodone) for a few days, and isn’t feeling loopy or anything like that, just in a good talkative mood, but when he went to draw a floorplan of his upcoming college room he couldn’t get it right. Understand that above all DS is an incredible artist and can draw anything at any time… not getting his lines where they should be just freaked both of us out. It was so bizarre. SO - good thing now is his knowing that any recreational drug use could have a similar effect!
Looking forward to hearing that G#s D got that apartment, and that everyone else is getting ready for the big launch!</p>
Thanks for thinking of me Laf. We were fine, although it was quite a rain storm. </p>
<p>My S’s dorm mountain grew over the summer. His bedroom is frightening. He will be launching himself this year. H and I both have to work. S is taking a car and will fit whatever he can in the car, then H or I will bring more over the weekend. I still have my nephew’s dorm mountain, too. He’s coming back on the 17th and then wants to go back to school on the 27th. I am ready to have both boys’ mountains disappear. I love them, but they can be messy.</p>
<p>I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night…and that it’s more exciting than mine.</p>
<p>Mathmom’s husband is uncomfortable but fine.</p>
<p>We went and saw the Harry Potter movie at last with S2 preceded by BBQ. Got lots of heirloom tomatoes at the farmer’s market. Pleasant day.</p>
<p>ML I’ve only run a 10K twice. The last time I ran it took me over an hour, though not too much over if I recall correctly. The funny thing was that although I was one of the last people to cross the finish line I got a medal in my category. No one could believe it since everyone younger and older had beaten me. I was the only one in my 20s in the race. Most were teens or their parents!</p>
<p>p56 and donnagal - thanks for the coffee, bagels, lox and cream cheese. A welcome virtual treat.</p>
<p>Did another parking lot stint at the Pan Mass Challenge this morning - in the rain. I am having trouble staying awake, but have much to do today, and we have tickets to the Red Sox Yankees game tonight. When we got the tickets, it was supposed to be a day game - but not surprisingly it was chosen for the Sunday night televized game. The comibination of it’s being a Sox/Yankees game and it’s being televized means it will go VERY long. I’m not sure I’ll make it, especially if the weather doesn’t improve.</p>
<p>P56: Thanks for the bagels, I’ll have mine with cream cheese!</p>
<p>Alicew: Have fun at the game! :)</p>
<p>2ed: Happy Belated Birthday to S1!! :D</p>
<p>ML: Hope you are enjoying the time with your S! and Congrats on finishing the 10K! </p>
<p>JC40 and Prayinglady: I hope you had a stress free launch! </p>
<p>BUandBC: Time for us to start going through the dorm mountain and get rid of what he doesn’t need this year. My night was little more exciting than yours. Played Scrabble with S2 and beat the pants off of him!! :D</p>
<p>Lima: Sending good thoughts for your Mom and you. Good luck to BB2 tomorrow!</p>
<p>~~~ Waving to everyone and wishing all a great Sunday!</p>
<p>alice, jealous that you get to go to the Red Sox-Yankees game. I watched yesterday’s on TV.</p>
<p>ML, congrats on your run. Look at this way – those speedsters were only out there for a half-hour. You were running lots longer! :D</p>
<p>Hoping our launches were successful. Hard to believe a year has passed.</p>
<p>We were all up and early here – well, early for a Sunday. Ds1 has walked the dog, ds2 gathered info in preparation for getting his DL tomorrow, I paid bills and did a whole host of things, and dh washed dishes and made breakfast. I wonder who’ll take a nap first? My money is always on dh.</p>
<p>Morning all! Tea, babybel cheese & bananas here for sharing :)</p>
<p>Trying to catch up after not being online since Wednesday. Y’all were particularly chatty! And of course, I forgot to open a 2nd window to comment. </p>
<p>Applicannot!!! Thanks for checking in. I’m sorry that you hit a rough spot, but I’m glad you were self aware to address the situation. Even if you have to go back and revisit places that aren’t particularly pleasant. And the major sounds like a fantastic fit for you :)</p>
<p>ML: My heart is so happy that your son is home. For all of you. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!</p>
<p>
Another reason why running isn’t for me! I avoid throwing up at pretty much all costs. As for the peeing runners…I remember a number of years ago reading about marathon runners who wouldn’t stop for anything including #2. Um no. Including an uber famous world class female runner who was photographed during a race who had encountered um, feminine protection failure during a certain time of the month. And the convo around that was that it wasn’t uncommon above a certain level of runners. Yikes!</p>
<p>Best of luck to today’s launchers! I can’t believe it’s already starting. </p>
<p>Glad that our wisdom teeth kids are doing well. AL34: that’s so interesting about the line drawing with your son. Just say no :)</p>
<p>D is back in the US! It sounds as if everything was fabulous; she’s still working on one last paper. Spent a little time in Atlanta, including a stop at Ikea. Dorm kitchen will now be fully functional.</p>