Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>

It wouldn’t happen to weigh 200+ lbs, would it? Then you would qualify for membership in the 200+ lb TV Club with CountingDown & me! :D</p>

<p>i’m going to ditto limom!!! great recap!</p>

<p>no word from S2 yet today… think he is at honors retreat…should meet his “mentee”… a girl from colorado!</p>

<p>YDS–I never cared much for the egg crate mattress pads, but they do allow for ventilation. What we got for DsS and we have is a memory foam mattress pad–3 inches thick, I think. If I was sleeping on those dormitory mattresses, I would definitely want some kind of mattress topper. However, if I recall correctly, I was generally tired enough at the end of the day in college that I had NO problem getting to sleep. Now, getting up–that was a different story altogether.</p>

<p>Apparently it’s quite heavy. Probably 200 pounds. It’s a 36-inch flat screen but not flat in back, kwim? Dh just measured, and it’ll fit in our entertainment center. We’ll wait until halftime to actually move it.</p>

<p>I vow to never get a beer pong table, however. ;)</p>

<p>^^On behalf of CD, welcome to the 200 Club!</p>

<p>lol donnagal…S2 and you are alike…he can sleep at the drop of a hat…hard to get him out of bed. we got him a fake feather pad thing for his bed…(he’s allergic to feathers…and just about everything else… has a legitimate excuse not to cut grass though…breaks out in huge welts, red face, wheezing and anything that actually touches grass breaks out in a rash)</p>

<p>BBD – It is a little out of the way, but I like the Trout House B&B in Hague, NY for a getaway. I once arrived there very late after snow delayed flights and snow all the way from Albany, unpacked, and got in bed when my brain kicked in and I realized that I was in the wrong room. :eek:
[Trout</a> House Village Resort, Log Cabins in Hague on Northern Lake George, NY](<a href=“http://www.trouthouse.com/]Trout”>http://www.trouthouse.com/)</p>

<p>Lima – You said that you needed a halo, so I found you one. :wink: You definitely deserve it. Glad to hear that your mother is on the mend. My grandmother will be 99 this year and I’m convinced that she will outlive us all too. And I had no idea that you actually had a D&B purse. The girls each had one with heart-shaped tags (unless I am hallucinating), so I went with it. Glad to hear that the BB’s are doing well too, esp. BB2’s internship. Get some rest and take care of yourself too!</p>

<p>ProudNJMom – Glad you enjoyed Times Square. Even I have been to Times Square (and the M&M store w/ obligatory tourist photo). Of course, it probably would not have happened had it not been for D1’s internship in NYC. I have pictures of us at “Top of the Rock”, but not much else.</p>

<p>ACM – You reminded me to get my hair blown out… there, done. ;)</p>

<p>

It might not be too late to start a 529 account. :)</p>

<p>

That’s me, a big ole cherub-bearing wuss! ;)</p>

<p>Drum roll please…… D1 has a signed lease, keys, and everything! :slight_smile: Sometimes it’s the little things. She is moving in tomorrow. Starting next week, she walks to work. Unfortunately, there is no way that we could get to DC to meet the early time slot that the freight elevator was available Saturday, so I guess she will be sleeping on her air mattress for a week.</p>

<p>D2’s internships in Williamsburg are officially over. They had a get together after work last night. Her next trip to Williamsburg is Saturday with DW to the spa. Saturday is DW’s birthday. Me, I’ll be looking for a truck.</p>

<p>woohoo…good day today… BB2 internship…gsharp D gets apt…yds gets tv…proudnj sees times square!!!</p>

<p>Lima, the blow out…It is simply having someone else wash and style your hair. Some things I prefer to leave to the professionals!</p>

<p>ditto what parent56 said!</p>

<p>S and I saw a free performance of Julius Caesar in the park tonight. Shakespeare in the park is traditional for summer here…the other one they’re doing is Midsummer Night’s Dream. Hope to see that as well later this month. Yay summer! When it’s not 98 degrees and humid, that is. :)</p>

<p>Good night all!</p>

<p>Following P56 - fist bumps, back pats and high fives to all!</p>

<p>Good Morning!! Happy Friday!!</p>

<p>I’ve had a busy week and would like to ditto any and all recappers. Thanks!</p>

<p>I hope all the launches and arrivals have gone smoothly. </p>

<p>PNJ –It sounds like you had fun in Times Square! </p>

<p>G# - Yay for the apartment lease!</p>

<p>Waving ~~ to everyone! Enjoy your day!</p>

<p>Good morning all, coffee is ready!! Next on the launch pad Checker’s S!!!</p>

<p>JC40’s D; prayinglady’s D – 8/6
Parent56’s S; SWTCAT’s D – 8/10
somewhereinga D…8/11</p>

<p>)xoxoxoxox>CheckersMidwest’ S – 8/14
Tx5’s D—8/15
BUandBC’s S, austinmtmom’s D - 8/17
Lafalum84’s D – 8/18
2education’s S1 --8/19
MaineLonghorn’s S, Twinmama D2, Shillyshally’s D, Brooklynborndad’s D – 8/20
RobD’s D; AL34’s S – 8/21
Limabeans’s BB3 – 8/22
Twinmama D1-- 8/23
LIMOMOF2’s D – 8/24
BonnieNewJersey D- 8/25
CaliforniaDancer – 8/26
Coskat’s D-- 8/27
mdemvizi, PinotNoir’s S, coloradomom’s S – 8/27
DougBetsy’s S – 8/28
SLUMOM’s S – 8/28
zoosermom’s D2 – 8/28
jbehlend’s S , donnagal’s S-- 8/29
psychmom’s D – 8/30
showmom858 D --8/31
sewemma’s S – 9/3
Yds’ ds – 9/4 (we leave the day before)
CountingDown’s S2, Mathmom’s S2 – 9/4
jackief’s D – 9/6
pugmadkate’s S – 9/7
aliceinw’s S – 9/9
ProudNJMom’s S; G#’s D2 – 9/10
Tx5’s S – 9/14
limabeans BB2; FindAPlace’s S – 9/18
2leashes’ D --9/19
psychmomma’s S – 9/20
mommusic’s S – 9/21
esobay’s S – 9/22</p>

<p>p56–Thanks for the coffee. You’re up early.</p>

<p>Ditto to all the above. I hope that all the launches go smoothly in the upcoming days and weeks.</p>

<p>Morning all…</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee p56 and thanks and another DITTO to all the great recappers, as I’ve been silently following along with smiles and support when needed.</p>

<p>PNJ: So glad you enjoyed your Times Square visit. And I know you’ll enjoy seeing it too when it’s all lit up. :)</p>

<p>BUandBC: Sending continued good wishes for your new work year.</p>

<p>acm: Hope CrazyDad has an awesome birthday. I know his party will be fabulous!</p>

<p>lima: Rock that halo! So glad your mom is doing better. I agree with others in hoping you have some time for yourself.</p>

<p>GSharp: Just sending a big, fat YAY for your D1’s apartment. Hope the move-in goes smoothly and wishing her much success and happiness with her new job.</p>

<p>D returns home tomorrow after a summer away. SO looking forward to having her here for a short while before she heads back to school. Her returning as a sophomore doesn’t really feel like a launch to me, though I’m sure there will be aspects of “it’s deja vu all over again.” Certainly lots of shopping and schelpping will be involved. ;)</p>

<p>Adding my good thoughts and cheers for happy send offs and safe travels for all.</p>

<p>Sending shout outs to BT, momof3 and austin! :)</p>

<p>Have a great TGIF everybody.</p>

<p>Still staying :cool:</p>

<p>its actually a little cooler this morning… would love for this heat to be over, but think we still have a way to go</p>

<p>hope Checker’s exchange student arrived safely!!</p>

<p>waving at donnagal, ks and BU!!</p>

<p>p56–waving back. Any update on Lily’s rehabilitation?</p>

<p>havent talked to S1 in a few days…hoping she is getting better or i think he would have called. it would be good to hear she can walk without the sling! last time i talked S1 was busy scratching her face and side as she couldnt do it… S1 will worry about everything until the recovery is over… once he knows what her abilities are, he’ll be fine and Lily will be more pampered than ever!</p>

<p>Morning all!</p>

<p>ks - Ditto! And enjoy your end of the summer time with your lovely D! Hope she had a great time at camp!</p>

<p>Sending safe travel wishes along with have a great year wishes to all our launchers!!!</p>

<p>We leave in 2 days to start the road trip to SC. Have I done anything to get ready for that? No. Staying :cool: here anyway!</p>

<p>p56–I was hoping that no news was good news. I am very much encouraged by her early neurological recovery. How much function she will ultimately regain is up in the air, but I am hoping for an excellent functional recovery.</p>