<p>Anyone else having trouble getting adjusted to the summer schedule? Only SOME of my activities ended with the school year, and I’m having trouble remembering to go to the rest of them.</p>
<p>With this great weather, my mind and body are both on vacation! Oops.</p>
<p>Managed to get into a doctor this afternoon. Good news: My foot isn’t broken. Just an ankle sprain with some required physical therapy and instructions to stay on crutches for a little while longer. The best thing about this is that I can drive so I won’t have to rely on my parents to get me to class or doctor appointments. </p>
<p>Maybe since I now live in Florida where it feels like perpetual summer I now jus have the routine of classes, doctor appointments, and family things. I think I’ll get a week break or so between summer and fall classes. I think it is already summer here with the heat and the humidity.</p>
<p>CD: you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you posting here again! And I had no idea your DS had to perform CPR? Holy cow! Boy, does that put you on the hook for a really good birthday present or what ;)</p>
<p>YDS: Hoping surgery went well!</p>
<p>mdem: I’m so sorry about your foot! As for clumsiest member of the thread…um, I’m pretty sure that my family would disagree with you ;)</p>
<p>I finally broke down & signed into Pinterest when I found out I could use my Twitter account and not my Facebook account (because I am stubbornly resisting Timeline.) Oh boy. I’ve got all kinds of craft projects pinned which I may or may not ever get to. I am also stalking antique typewriters on eBay for a Christmas present for D2.</p>
<p>robd… i have a twitter account i havent used…but that pinterest thing looked good… i see some things people have pinned on my facebook page, but havent joined it yet…maybe i’ll check it out through twitter</p>
<p>Well, we’re home. Boy, is he not happy, but that’s to be expected. I hope the outcome is as good as I hoped for. But remember how the ortho wanted him to do this AND the jaw surgery? Wow, I can’t imagine that combo.</p>
<p>alice, thinking of you seeing your chicks soon! </p>
<p>mdedm, I hope you heal quickly! That’s a bummer.</p>
<p>YDS, I can’t remember if you said - how long is the recovery supposed to take?</p>
<p>DH actually talked to someone with a heart today at the local crisis agency! (They came out to talk to S2 twice when he was having a hard time.) The boys’ doctor thought this agency had a contract with Maine, and would bill only the state and our insurance company. I remember thinking, “Wow, that’s amazing!” Ha! A few days ago, we got the bill for the first visit - $600! Yes, our insurance covers it, but we have a high deductible.</p>
<p>DH freaked out, since we have no work right now. He talked to somebody the other day who said we could pay $10/month, but he was still upset. So he talked to a woman today and went into a LONG explanation. By the end of the call, she said they would waive the fee for both visits! That’s well over $1,000, so we’re very appreciative. I let the doc know that his info was incorrect! He was shocked. Maybe he had another patient whose insurance paid for it or something.</p>
<p>ML, great news about the money! Argh, I don’t want to think how much this surgery is going to cost us. We have a health-care spending account, but we’ve run out of moolah as of $300 into today. :(</p>
<p>In terms of recovery, they said he’d be perfectly fine within a week. He starts work on the 18th based on that estimate. They said he’d feel a lot better tomorrow and then worse on Day 3? He hates the feeling of the nasal drainage. He keeps wanting me to switch out the gauze, but I’m trying to see how long it takes … well, nevermind. I’ll spare y’all the details!!! :D</p>
<p>ML: Great news about the money! I have learned, as a pharmacist, that more often than not, doctors have no clue how expensive medications are. Especially new medications. So it doesn’t surprise me that the therapist did not know how expensive the local crisis agency was. </p>
<p>YDS: Good luck to you and your son. Anesthesia does not agree with S2. So I feel your pain.</p>
<p>YDS, I hope your son is feeling better soon. And thanks for sparing us the details. Some things are better left to the imagination.</p>
<p>ML, I had to read your post twice. At first I worried your DH had heart issues. Yikes! Now that could truly knock you into some crazy health-insurance problems. Glad it worked out.</p>
<p>RobD, I am stubbornly resisting the FB timeline thing too. I just don’t want to dedicate my time to that stuff. I manage to bypass going onto my FB homepage by getting posts or massages that come in by way of my email account. What is Pinerest? And I opened a Twitter account about two years ago, got some strangers “following me”, and immediately stopped going there. Not even sure what my user name is now. Definitely not “limabeans”.</p>
<p>I’m not sure what Pinterest is either. I see people have pinned stuff that shows up on my newsfeed, but if I wanted to pin stuff it would be only for myself - I wouldn’t necessarily want every friend of mine to see my pinned things. Does it have to be shared or can it be private?</p>
<p>CD- good to see you back! Both my kids are current in CPR, D1 for her lifeguard job and D2 for her camp counselor job. I will be letting mine lapse now that I am no longer a Girl Scout troop leader (sniff)</p>
<p>YDS- hope your S is better today!
and glad no broken bones for you mdem!</p>
<p>D comes home in a few more hours. Then it is focused party planning for Sat grad!</p>
<p>I am not on twitter or pinterest, don’t see me joining anytime soon. The one I should be on is linked in . Oh yeah and no timeline for me yet either.</p>
<p>S2 has medical issues too. He got a bad case of poison ivy. It just kept getting worse so he finally went to the doctor who gave him a shot and said it should get better in a day or two, but so far it just keeps looking worse and worse.</p>
<p>Morning ???, all. I’m a little sleep-deprived. Ds1 had a pretty good night. He slept in my bed so I could keep an eye on him. He refused pain meds when he was eligible (3 a.m.), but we got him to take some just now. Bleeding is mostly gone. All seems to be well. If only I could go back to sleep.</p>
<p>Glad to hear those who have been dealing with health issues are on the mend, especially countingdown! What a scare! </p>
<p>S will be home tonight. His little sister will be in her first school band concert and she’s been feverishly practicing her clarinet. I love my baby but I don’t think she inherited the musical gene. It seems to have skipped our family except for S.</p>
<p>CD: Count me among those who are really glad to see you are back! And your experience has me thinking about CPR - I think I will look for a place to sign us up (H and me) for a course. And I will suggest it to my kids - I’m wondering if D will have to take it since she will be working in a school next year.</p>
<p>YDS: Glad that the surgery went well and that the recovery is under way (and glad that you’ve spared us the details). Hope things continue to go smoothly, and that you get some sleep!</p>
<p>Mdem: I’m glad that your foot isn’t broken - now hoping for a quick recovery for you.</p>
<p>ML: Sounds like your H is a good advocate, and that he did indeed find a public employee with a good heart. Glad that is settled.</p>
<p>I am about to head off to the airport for the trip to MN. Can’t wait to see my kids (have you all heard me say that before?). I will probably not post much from my iPhone because I don’t like typing on it, but I’ll be following you all, and sending good vibes where needed.</p>